Days Inn Sedona

2991 Hwy 89-A West, 3.5 mi West of Junction 89A & 179, Sedona, Arizona, 86339, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Horrible Service

Do not stay at ths hotel! The front desk staff are rude. More importnatly they abused my credit card info and charged two separate extra charges. When I called to inquire the desk staff were rude. The management was unreachable for over a week and when I finally spoke with the owner, he accused me of having a dog in the room which is completely false, and then he proceeded to hang up on me. They have thereafter been unreachable to resolve the issure.

More about Days Inn Sedona

Comfortable, reasonable place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member PASue

Stayed at the Days Inn, Sedona April 24. King Bed, very clean, comfortable room. Staff friendly. Good extended continental breakfast. Would recommend this place for those who only need a place to shower, sleep and want to spend their money enjoying Sedona.

Great value

A fantastic value for the Sedona area. Room was clean and even had a fridge and microwave. The bed was great and the wireless internet worked fine. The bathroom is a little small, but spotless. Breakfast was more than adequate. The only problem was the service at check in. The front desk person when we arrived was rude and hostile...otherwise a great place to stay. Try the vegetarian restaurant across the street - D'lish.

Worth the money

We stayed here two nights. On arrival, we were given a room with 2 double beds, even though we'd requested a king sized room. We were given a king room with no hassel. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. It was quiet and the AC worked well. The grounds were nice and staff pretty friendly. Breakfast wasn't that great. Not much of a selection. Beds were comfortable considering I was 7 months pregnant. We didn't use the pool because it was too cold, but the hot tub was decent. The only real issue we had was with our doors. One day one of them wouldn't open from outside and the next day the other one wouldn't while the first one did. At one point neither of our doors would open and we had to have the key reprogrammed. We were able to sit outside and eat breakfast with a beautiful view of the redrocks across the street. Some of the rooms had some nice views of the rocks. We would definitely recommend this hotel. The price was great and it provided a comfortable place to stay while we were sight seeing!

Not Bad, but...

by TripAdvisor Member sal829

Had reservations for 2 adults and 2 children (14,17) for $80/nite rate. When we tried to check in they told us the children would cost us another $20/nite, even though we had the reservation confirmation print out with us showing the rate quoted with the fact the kids would be with us. The staff would not budge, so we had to contact the manager at home and fax her a copy of the reservation. They eventually did honor it but it was a hassle. The rooms were very plain and not worth the $80/nite we did pay. Obviously the Sedona area commands a high premium on room prices. Next time we'll just stay a little further away and drive in.

Not walking distance...

The web advert for this hotel says that it is walking distance from restaurants, shops etc. It turned out to be 5 MILES from Uptown. The taxi is $15 each way. So a car is a mandatory requirement - be warned there is no public transit in Sedona. Sustainable living is not evident in this town. The Days Inn is on a very busy 5 lane highway and the traffic noise was loud even in the hotel room with the door and window closed, night and day, so I never used the balcony.

I had wanted a quiet central hotel and this was a big disappointment. Be warned!

Neutral on the Days Inn of Sedona

by TripAdvisor Member FlyPA12

My wife and I and our two youngest kids (age 7 & 12) stayed at the Days Inn of Sedona for two nights on July 3 & July 4, 2006. Over all the location and price of the Days Inn met our family requirements. We had a non-smoking room with two double beds on the first floor. The hotel is on the main highway and is only about a 1/2 mile from the Safeway store and the local laundry mat. The pool was clean and the kids were not bothered by the cool water temperature. Pool towels are provided at the front desk on check in and are marked down to your room. We arrived around 1 PM but were not be able to get to our room until the 4 pm check in time. This gave us time to drive around the area and check out the red rock country. Although the area had just recovered from the forest fires the air was clean and there were no signs of smoke. The rooms were serviced before noon each day by the Days Inn housekeeping service. Our only complaint was with regard to the carpets. While they were vacuumed daily, we found that if you walked on the carpet barefooted your feet would become black from the dirt in the carpet. We saw this as not a general housekeeping problem, but rather a management operations problem to have the carpets professionally steam cleaned on a regular scheduled basis. We provided our feedback on the comment card in the room. As a seasoned traveler I have found this to be a common issue for many of the budget based and some high end hotel chains. Recommendation - Wear socks, slippers or sandals when walking on the carpet. The continental breakfast (bagels, cereal, coffee, juice and fruit) is provided in a room off the front lobby and met our family needs. The Days Inn also offers free wireless access to its guests and there are two computers in the lobby available to hotel guests free of charge. For location purposes I would recommend the Sedona Days Inn.

Just your basic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Laura99

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights in April. We prepaid through a website to get the best price. Everything went fine at checkin, although our room was on the bottom level in the back with no view at all. We did have some problems with ants coming in the bathroom and around the sink area. The room was also a bit dark, since we were below the grade, but it was quiet. On the plus side, the price was good and we had a fridge in the room. It is not within walking distance of anything, so you need to drive everywhere. We would probably not stay here again.

good value

by TripAdvisor Member rilla

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our Grand Tour of the Canyon area which involved 11 hotels in all
The lady at check-in couldn't have been more friendly. The room was clean, and it was good to have a fridge. We didn't have a view because we were on the ground floor - but somebody has to be! We had no problems with noise from the road, or anywhere else.
Anyone disapponted with the location should do their homework better. You do need to drive to get to the centre, but there are a few good restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast choice might have been limited, but the danish pastries were wonderful!
We only paid £40 per night, which was good value for Sedona. I would recommend it.

So good we stayed an extra night

by TripAdvisor Member WJTaylor

Great value hotel for the expensive town of Sedona. Very freindly staff. Simple but adequate breakfast and nice pool. free internet on the hotels computers was very useful and with 2 computers there was never a queue. No complaints at all.

Great rooms / hotel staff / value for money

by TripAdvisor Member PR_DK

I stayed at this hotel for one day and was realy impressed by the facilities at the hotel, cleanness of rooms and hotel staff!!!

The Chapel from the approach roadThe Chapel from the approach road

Dining at Garlands LodgeDining at Garlands Lodge

REd rocks overlook to valleyREd rocks overlook to valley

Lined up ready to goLined up ready to go

Place to stay

by pearland

Where is a good place to stay in Sedona if I wanted to visit Slide Rock Park and if the bacteria level is too high, what else is there to do?

by heywinks

Depends on your budget. My bf and I stayed at the SugarLoaf Lodge. 1870 W. Hwy 89A, West Sedona, AZ. Located right on the main. Easy access to all the sites. Restaurants and shops along the strip. It was less than $70/night, including tax. Slide Rock is about 15-20 mins away, if I remember correctly.

When are you planning on going? We were there in April/May and it was too cold to go in the water at Slide Rock. :(

by pearland

We were thinking late July. We both have wetsuits but seems like it would be too hot.

by jumpingnorman

Hotels a bit pricier in Sedona and better to book online...otherwise you might get cheaper hotel at Cottonwood. I was just in Sedona yesterday and we ate at this great Tara Thai place and I noticed behind it was a lodge and so I brought our 5yo twins to check it out (still waiting for food and they were restless in restaurant) and I saw they still had vacancy for $49 a night and some windows were open and I could see the rooms were small with one bed. I did not even know that Lodge existed...the hotels are normally $130 up in Sedona.

But if E coli count high, there's so much more to do...go up Chapel Hill for photoshoots, hotair ballooning, spa stone treatments, golf, shop at outlet or expensive Tlapelaque(did I spell that right?), and food. The Tara Thai was inexoensive and very good...a little more behind it near the lodge I was talking about was a dimsum place.

Drive a little more, you could see Jerome which is a nice cliffside town, see the Tuzigoot Ruins near Cottonwood, Montezuma cliff dwellings and lake, a safari zoo ($40+ entrance) in Camp Verde, and even up for more activities in Flagstaff.

Have fun, Norman :)

by Martinewezel

Slide State Rock park is not far from Sedona. If you have a car, you can get there from in a few minutes. There are lots of hotels in Sedona. Other places to visit are for instance Red Rock Crossing, the Vortex places, the Chapel of the Holy Cross and like previous poster wrote, the art village in Mexican style: Tlaquepaque(seems to be pronounced: Tu-la-kee-pa-kee). Nice but pricy indeed.

by riley1833