Hyatt Pinion Pointe

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Hyatt Pinion Pointe

City & Scenic Tours via the Sedona Trolley

by joiwatani

This is "the best first thing to do in Sedona" There are daily scheduled tours that take you to all the best places in town, uptown, Tlaquepaque, The Gallery District, Chapel of the Holy Cross, Boynton Canyon, Enchantment and more.

The fares: Adult $12each tour/$21 both tours. Children 12 and under are $6.00/$11.00

Tour "A" Sedona Highlights

9. Kokopelli Suites
L Arrive Uptown Depot

Great location,fabulous views

by TripAdvisor Member PVmomontherun2

We just came back from a 2 night 3 day stay at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe in Sedona. We had a 2 bedroom condo which is actually a one bedroom condo plus an adjoining studio. The one bedroom condo had fabulous views, very well equipped (full kitchen, dining table for 6, jacuzzi, separate shower and fireplace in the living room), but the studio was dark and felt narrow. Now I understand why some people like this hotel and others don't. If you are only renting a studio, the place would feel dark and dismal but if you are renting a one or 2 bedroom condo with a view, this place is fabulous.

We shared the condo with my parents in law and let them have the master bedroom which was in the one bedroom suite and they absolutely loved it. They couldn't stop gushing about it. Meantime we slept in the dark studio (not enough natural lighting), which had a queen bed and a sofa bed, with our 2 young boys and we felt cramped. Thank goodness we often spent our time in the living room/dining room and patio of the one bedroom suite.

I would definitely go back again, but I would make sure to reserve at least a one bedroom suite on the 2nd or 3rd floor and request a room with a view.

Not ready for prime time

Disappointed. The niceest compliment I can pay the Hyatt is excellent location. Close to Sedona's restaurants and sight seeing attractions. Overall the resort was not ready for prime time. The first room we were in was in the "cellar". Even being on the first level the room was very stuffy and the air conditioning would not cool the room down. The maintenance man gave us a lame excuse on why it would not work. The staff was annoyed that we complained. On our second day we were moved to a different room for the rest of our trip.

In both rooms the lighting was awful, way too dim in the bathroom. I sat on the counter to get up close to the mirror to see to put my make up on.

On our third day, housekeeping came by and changed our sheets and towels. They left these items in bags at our door. They NEVER picked them up. So our neighbors and my family had to walk around the linen piles for 24 hours.

We passed up the offer to receive $100.00 in spending credits around town because we just did not want to go through the pain of a time share speech. We just were so underwhelmed of the room and the staff's attitude.

Quite overwhelming!!

by TripAdvisor Member moo_bear

When we first entered our two-bedroom condo, we couldn't stop looking at each other and smiling!! A fantastic amount of space for the price of one hotel room! The furnishings were extremely nice - beds comfortable - HUGE kitchen - wonderful jacuzzi - and TWO sumptuous bathrooms. Our son was quite bemused by his own little studio apartment (complete with mini-kitchen)!! The view, from our balcony, of the red rocks, wasn't all that special (as we were in a semi-cellar-like room), whereas the view from our son's studio apartment was wonderful!! But this was by-the-by -- all in all we were delighted with our accommodation and would heartily recommend to others.

Incredible Views, stunning pool area

The views were incredible from this location. The pool was stunning, the distance to the shops so convenient. The room was beautiful, (a studio room), but the one issue was that the walls were paper thin and you could hear those next door to you as though you were in the same room together. To make matters worse, we ended up with the couple from hell who arrived home from the bar at 12:50 am, proceeded to have a drunken fight which they resumed by 6:30 the next morning. I suppose if one had a nice couple next door this would all be fine, but even the first night, the noise was too much.

Amenities Great But.......

by TripAdvisor Member wunder67

Although the location and grounds are very nice, the studio room we stayed in was very noisy and below ground. Now, I know what previous reviewers were talking about. This was not the fault of our neighbors but their conversation and TV were almost the same as sharing the room with them. If you decide to go anyway, stuff towels and xtra pillows under the door and leave the fan on auto. That seems to muffle the noise somewhat. After complaining to the management, we were told they're aware of the problem and planning on fixing it in December. It was actually amusing to share "noise" stories with other visitors while sitting around the evening firepit. Also, since the studio was below ground level, it was dark (even with the lights on). I hope these comments help you make an educated decision on your lodging in Sedona.

Nice but you have to be lucky

by TripAdvisor Member leop

My wife and I stayed at Pinon Pointe for two nights, Oct, 13, 14...we had read the reviews from TripAdvisor and took a chance on the studio unit with the understanding that if we ended up in one of the "dungeon" units, we were going to complain...but we were lucky and were on the first level in the back...for some reason, it was not too noisy even though others at the "fireside chat" were complaining about the noise...the staff was very pleasant and helpful, the room is new and nicely furnished....we were able to get a good price through Hyatt directly, and so overall, we could not complain, even though I would agree with most of the other reviews as it relates to location of the rooms...the pool is by far, the best feature of the property...beautiful views...I was told the studio units will not be available much longer since they are actually part of a two bed unit in the timeshare , I also was told there are handicapped accessible units which would absolutely be necessary if one had difficulty walking up and down stairs.

Can't beat the location

by TripAdvisor Member Pleung

I booked a studio suite through Expedia & requested an upper-floor unit. Upon arrival, I lucked out by getting a 2nd-floor corner unit towards the end of the resort complex with a wonderful view from the balcony (you can also see the new construction). The resort is located at the "Y" (where the 89 & 179 meet) & is very close to many stores, restaurants, & organized tours. The noise didn't bother me as I was busy touring amazingly beautiful Sedona & didn't spend too much time at the resort. The studio suite has a queen bed, full-size sofa bed, small fridge, microwave, & a safe. It's actually smaller than a standard hotel room, but the bathroom was very good size & beautifully decorated (love the light fixtures). The concierge has very limited info & not very friendly or helpful. But the resort is adjacent to the Chamber of Commerce which has tons of info & a group of super friendly guides. If you stay more than a few days, buy a discount booklet for $5 from the Chamber of Commerce, which has discounts to many restaurants, retailers, tours & activities.

It's a time share not a resort hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Peregrina651

Stay away from the studio rooms/efficiency apartments unless they are part of your two-bedroom unit. The ones on the second floor look into a two story retaining wall and are very dark. When we were there, you could not use the patios because of water damage from the all the rain. The ones on the third floor face the pool and while they get a bit more light, they still have no view. Also, please note that the kitchenette in the studio is not designed for cooking; while the 1 and 2 bedroom units have a full kitchen, the studio only has a microwave and a sink. In other words, if all you can afford is the studio then I suggest that you stay elsewhere in Sedona.

I agree with most of the other negative comments that I read in other reviews: laundry bags blocking the unit door all day long (isn't that a safety issue), no elevators; concierge seemed to know about only the restaurants that were on the hotel discount plan; paths were not well enough lit at night (another safety issue); maid service was only so-so; parking near your unit is not guaranteed.

However, I also agree with many of the positive comments made: location is great; one and two bedroom units are very nice; the view from the property is spectacular; etc.

Great place

I stayed in a one-bedroom and loved it so much I almost didn't want to explore Sedona and nearby Jerome. Big jetted bathtub, shower with a seat, CD and DVD players, instant gas fireplace, kitchen. Plus, there's a Cold Stone ice cream parlor on the premises. What more could you ask?

Comments