Kokopelli Suites

Tags

Camping Family Travel Desert
See Amenities

Not what they promise

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2011

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone that I know. I got the run around from this hotel from the first call till the last.

I made a reservation through a discount group site that offered a room with a fireplace, a wine and cheese basket, spa tub and a massage at a discounted price. Apparently, customer service is "discounted” as well.

There was only one weekend that the room type offered was available, they offered to book me into a down graded room informing me the only difference was that there was no fire place in the other room. I settled for the one weekend that the fireplace was available and booked the room and the massage at least a month in advance.

One week before the visit they called and told me they couldn't do the massage when it was scheduled at 4:00 pm. The only time they could do it was in the morning on that day. We were not arriving in Sedona until afternoon and couldn't check in till 3:00. After calling and complaining and telling them if they could not accommodate the massage, I would rather just get a refund. The massage was re-scheduled in the afternoon but 45 minutes later than our originally booked time

When we arrived at the office they gave us our keys and we checked in. To my surprise, the room we were given was the downgraded room. Again I called to complain that this was not what we booked. They did find us an upgraded room and we then moved all our stuff to another room. The wine and cheese basket was a paper bowl with paper grass, a couple baby bell cheeses and a small package of Ritz crackers next to a bottle of wine.

When we went for the massage (that was not at the hotel but a message school down the street) where we had booked a couple’s room, again we were not given what we were promised. We were told that the couple’s room was being used and were sent to separate individual rooms. During the massage, there was a lot of talking and laughing among staff outside the room and at one point someone walked into my room during my massage.

When we got back to the room we were going to watch a movie however, when we called to ask if they had pay per view movies we were told no but, we could go to red box and get one or borrow one of the older ones they have in the office. I asked how we were supposed to watch them since there was no DVD player in the room. I was told there should be one in there but there wasn’t. They did bring us a DVD player and we went and rented a movie to watch.

I realize this was a discounted offer but it still cost over 200.00 for one night and we got nothing but the run around.

I wrote about the issues on the room survey and turned it in. After a few days and no response from the hotel I emailed the hotel to let them know of my issues during my visit. They apologized and said there must have been some miscommunications and that is not the way they do business and offered to comp us another visit with the same package if we would give them a second chance. When I called them back to tell them that we would give them a second chance they said they were glad and would send me a gift certificate.

After almost three weeks and I had not received anything I called to inform them that I had not received anything from them. At that time I was told they were sending me a complimentary night in a coffee pot room (which was the down graded room) I reminded the Property Manager of what he had told me previously and he then said yes, it should have been the upgraded room but that was all, just the room and not all the other items included in the package. At that point I told him thanks but no thanks we would not be back. It wasn’t worth the hassle even at no charge.

Unique Quality: The area is pretty but not pretty enough to make up for the service.

blackbuster's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel with Fair Price

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 12, 2005

It is a warm and sweet inn. The price here is less expensive than other hotels. Turn left after you meet the "Y" and drive 15 miles (about 15 mins). When you see the "Circle K" gas station, it is on your left side of the street.

Unique Quality: Limited Views!!!

Directions: Turn left after you meet the "Y" and drive 15 miles (about 15 mins). When you see the "Circle K" gas station, it is on your left side of the street.

Nearby Kokopelli Suites

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites

Sedona Travel Forum

Need advice about Sedona, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Sedona and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sedona hotel reviews

Review Title
Sedona Roadrunner free no longer
The Red Rock Pass program
Favorites
Healthy, fresh, good and pet friendly
Tarantula!