Los Abrigados Resort And Spa

160 Portal Lane, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

Los Abrigados Resort and Spa
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• I do not recommend this resort to any of my friend

1. They made us wait around seven hours because they said they are cleaning our room and 5:00 PM is their check in policy.

2. The rooms smelled like strong chemicals.
    3. Dead spiders behind the drawers.
    4. No liquid hand soap.
    5. Rude concierge.

Full summary:
    We booked a room for two in Los Abrigados Resort and Spa on Travelocity.com because we thought $170 for two nights was a good deal for a resort. We were pretty excited; we started driving from Tucson at seven AM in the morning. We arrived at our destination around ten AM. They told us we cannot check in because their policy is not to allow customers in before five PM (something Travelocity never told us). I asked them if we could check in early since I did not get any sleep the night before and I was extremely tired; they said they are cleaning the room and it will take a long time to clean the rooms so we end up going to a restaurant and after that we decided to waste some time at the nearest public library. We finally checked in at five PM. The resort was alright but we had a hard time finding our building because the numbers’ of most of the buildings were hidden. The room was clean and pretty big but it smelled like very strong chemicals; I saw dead spiders behind the drawers. The sofa, beds and the drawers looked old like 1970s decor. I found no liquid hand soaps so I called at the front desk and they laughed and told me to use the dishwashing detergents. The room safe did not work with the card/key. The last day I called the front desk and ask them if there are attractions or things to do in Sedona at night, they transferred me to the concierge. The lady at the concierge rudely said no and hangs up the phone. I will never go to this resort again.

Los Abrigados Resort and Spa
    160 Portal Lane
    Sedona, AZ 86336

Unique Quality: Pros:
    Fitness center
    Salt water pool
    Jacuzzi near pool

Tips: We arrived at our destination around ten AM. They told us we cannot check in because their policy is not to allow customers in before five PM (something Travelocity never told us).

• Fewf's Profile Photo

Luxury in Sedona

A luxurious suite, constructed mostly of marble and stone (some of that appears to be fake, but it's really not that easy to tell). The furniture is very good, too.

Unique Quality: Mini-golf, spa, jacuzzi, a bunch of restaurants, tennis, basketball. The pool doesn't even seem like anything special; all it contributed for me was screaming kids under the balcony.

• Sar77's Profile Photo

Los Abrigados

We stayed here for a week. it was nice--but we didn't spend a lot of time hanging out here. I think there are many nicer places in Sedona. I found it to be a little bit dirty and it seemed old. the sheets were an off white colour and the towels looked like they were from the 70s. But who cares if you are spending most of your time hiking and touring about.

Unique Quality: The pool and spa are nice. They also have free really good coffee in the main restaurant area every morning.

More about Los Abrigados Resort And Spa

Our AZ Adventure at Los Abrigados Resort

We were at the resort from 7-20 to 7-23 on an exchange from Interval. The room was adequate for the two of us. The lighting in the bedroom was too dark. It was hard to see in there. Everything else about the room was great. Service in all the restaurants was slow, but it is summer and they had limited staff.

The manager (a heavy set man) was rude to one of the guests who was sitting in the outside jacuzzi with a cocktail. He told her she couldn't have drinks in the jacuzzi. There were no signs stating that rule. He spoke to her as if he were the school principal and she was an elementary student. He could have been more people friendly.

Scenic Arts & Crafts Village

by HillyCaye about Shops & Galleries of Tlaquepaque

Even if you don't buy anything, Tlaquepaque is a must-stop destination in Sedona. Tall adobe walls, shady Sycamores, ivy, cobblestone coutryards, fountains and sculptures... beauty everywhere. A fantastic afternoon excursion, great for quality souveneirs and artwork. Tlaquepaque also encases Los Abrigados Resort and Spa. It is a great property to experience, inside and out. Don't miss out on the birdwatching garden. There isn't any shop in particular that I would recommend over another. Stroll and take in as much as you can.

HOW SEDONA GOT ITS NAME

by LoriPori

The town of SEDONA was named for the wife of T. Carl Schnebly, who came to this area when there were only five other families. One of these families was headed by his brother, who later became a local schoolteacher. Carl and his wife, Sedona, built a wooden home that was the only one in this area large enough to accommodate visitors. Many guests always stayed at the Schneblys' home. Sedona, the town, got its name when the Schnebly family was living in its wooden house on the site of what is now Los Abrigados Resort. When Carl wanted to establish a post office, he submitted two names to the government - Schnebly Station and Oak Creek Crossing. Both were deemed too long for a cancellation stamp. Carl's brother suggested the post office be named after Sedona and Carl liked the idea of naming this community after the woman he loved.

Lost Abrigados is a great place to stay!

We were very happy with Los Abrigados resort. We just returned from a 5 day stay there and we had a great time. Regarding the previous reviews that talk about outdated rooms, ours had been remodeled and had a nice mini kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and a nice dining table, too. There was a living room area with a TV as well as a TV in the bedroom. We were informed that before long all the rooms will be remodeled to include the mini kitchen. We ate dinner at the on-site restaurants; service & food were great. We enjoyed the pool and the pool bar and really loved the spa where we worked out and got massage. After driving around and seeing the town of Sedona, I felt we had a great location with views and the Tlaquepaque shopping village so close. We belong to RCI, and just about every time we've exchanged we've gotten a lackluster place. Los Abrigados was a pleasant surprise and the nicest RCI affiliated resort we've ever stayed at.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Seaburn

We stayed at Los Abrigados via RCI for a week from July 10th. It was excellent and one of the best exchanges we have had. No sign of any roaches or thefts. The resort is beautiful and the proximity to Talaquepaque means you can always see some intersting stuff without having to go to far. The staff were very pleasant and always helpful. There are lots of amenities on site and we used just about all of them. The apartment was a little dark but large and comfortable as well as very clean. Sedona itself is a very beautiful place and being able to spend a week there was an absolute treat.

Great Location, but.....

We spent 3 days, 2 nights at Los Abrigados the last week of May 2004. The resort location is wonderful, particularly if you are interested in the art galleries of Sedona. Great views of Snoopy Rock and other of the formations.

The rooms are terribly outdated and in need of work. The kindest word I can use is 'shabby'. The lighting in the bedroom and bathroom was aweful. The lobby has a grand look upon first entering, but it too has seen much better days - very worn carpets and furnishings. The place constantly reminded me of Norma Desmond in "Sunset Boulevard" - grand during a previous era!

However, the services at the spa were wonderful!

If you consider Los Abrigados as an option for your timeshare exchange and your expectation is a full kitchen, beware. There are only a small toaster oven (really old), microwave, and mini-refrig. Really suprising when on check-in the concierge asked if we wanted to know the location of a store so that we could buy groceries for our suite!!

Lastly, the resort sales people (we did not take the tour) were a bit much to take. On 2 occasions as we were walking back onto the resort grounds from Talaquepaque, they greeted us quite pleasantly. We told him we were not interested in the sales pitch. However, he then followed behind us as we walked toward our suite continuing to try and make the pitch, and tried to be a little intimidating.

My recommendation is for accommodations - look elsewhere, but use the spa at Los Abrigados!

Great Vacation

I just got home from my 4 day vacation at the Los Abrigados resort. It has been the most wonderful vacation I have taken to date. The room we stayed in was very clean, comfortable, and up to date. We had a very relaxing time just laying by the pool and soaking in the hot tub. I would recomend that you go early if you are looking for quiet because, it does fill up quickly. The grounds at the resort are just beautiful with an almost tropical feel. The staff at the resort were very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. We had a great time shopping, taking the trolley ride(highly recomended), a jeep tour, and finally a trip to the Grand Canyon. I did notice some of the previous reviews that were written. The Roaches are a problem EVERYWHERE in Arizona. We cannot escape then no matter where in Arizona we go. They are just a part of the wildlife as are the scorpions and spiders. Our room seemed to be safe while we were gone and had no problems with theft. As for the out dated rooms........We didn't go to sit and look at our room all day. We had so many things to do that we hardly noticed the room. It filled all of our needs while we were there and was very comfortable. I would recomend the resort to anyone.

Beware - more theft

Beware - I also had belongings stolen from my room, a locked room. Someone entered with a key while I was out in the evening of 3/30/04. No help or reimbursements from hotel. An expensive Nikon. The staff just kept shrugging me off and saying that no employees had "signed a key out," which seems like a pretty obvious thing NOT to do if you're going to steal. I would be very interested in hearing from the other people who had belongings stolen in the same manner. It's upsetting when staff members accuse us of "maybe leaving it somewhere else" when they obviously have a security problem. Thanks. karenelizabeth2005@yahoo.com

Comments