1752 State Route 179, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Comfortably Off the Tourist Track

I would recommend the Radisson Poco Diablo when staying in Sedona. It’s located off the tourist track, which offers a nice change of pace. Sedona, overall, is one giant tourist trap, so if you can get off the main thoroughfare it’s quite a relief. The resort is well-kept and an easy drive to the heart of town. It is not walking distance, but nothing really is in Sedona. The rooms are quiet and the staff is friendly. When we arrived we were upgraded “just because” to a spa room, with the added bonus of a Jacuzzi tub and a fireplace in the main room, and believe me we took advantage of both! The only downfall we could find was the Radisson’s signature “Sleep Number” bed, a gimmick that they have adopted, I am sure, to compete with the luxurious “Heavenly Bed” featured at the Westin chain. We weren’t impressed. But otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

Unique Quality: The resort features a nine hole golf course, tennis courts, free parking and a restaurant and bar.

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Nice "resort"

This was my second attempt at using the priceline bidding site. This time it turned out good.

This place is considered a "resort" as it has an outdoor swimming pool, a 9-hole golf course and a tennis court, among other amenities.

I asked for a large bed and we ended up getting a King-size, but you could actually fit a whole family in it!
    Th shampoo and shower gel were high quality and there was a large TV in the room.
    Since we paid a low rate we were stuck with a view over a wall, but since we never spend much time in the rooms anyway, I don't care.

There were some rooms/bungalows that were much nicer with views over the red mountains and the golf course. There were also a lot of ducks/geese running around.

I think this is a nice Hotel, you need a car as you cannot get far without one (of course, you probably will not get here if you don't have one in the first place). It is only a 5 minutes from the main street.

Unique Quality: outdoor pool, tennis court, gold course.

More about Poco Diablo Resort

the ac was so loud

I was staying with my family in the poco diablo in one of thier garden rooms. The first night was the worst we woke up evry 5 minutes since the ac was so loud. its one those self-standing pieces of junk so the next night we went to the office to complain so they moved us to a poco king with 1 king sized bed and a hide-a-bed, the kids were very uncomfortable sleeping on it. we had a great veiw of the golf coarse and mountains though. and it was a different ac so spend the extra money and upgrade your room.

Pleasant surprise

by TripAdvisor Member ChiTownTransplant

I was apprehensive about the Poco Diablo after reading some of the reviews here but was very pleasantly surprised. As mentioned, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and huge, with a wet bar and fridge and a jacuzzi tub big enough for two out in the room itself, where you could watch TV while having a soak. Just what I needed after a day of hiking. The bathroom also had a tub and shower.

That said, I wouldn't necessarily call this place a resort, as Priceline did--maybe a 3-star resort. It did have tennis, an "executive" golf course, a good-sized pool (maybe two), and a pretty decent fitness room; it just didn't seem as deluxe as I'd expect a resort to be. Nonetheless, I'd return without hesitation and recommend it to friends (if I could be sure they'd get the same type of room).

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member DesertSun

We booked the hotel through Priceline. I was skeptical about our stay because I read some negative reviews about the hotel. However, we really enjoyed our stay. The staff were pleasant and friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable although the carpet was a little frayed at bathroom doorway. The bathroom had no mildew but it could stand to be updated a bit. The room was spacious with a desk, small dining table, wet bar, refrigerator, armoire with TV, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. A free newspaper was delivered to all the rooms early the next morning.

The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The path alongside the golf course was a nice little stroll up to the restaurant where we had a great breakfast on the terrace, overlooking the red mountains, golf course, gazebo and small ponds with ducks. Breakfast prices were reasonable but we had dinner elsewhere.

All of the rooms are nonsmoking, however, someone smoked in the room next to us. We finally figured the smoke drifted into our room through the connecting doorway. That was our only complaint really.

The Poco Diablo is an older resort and may lack the plush decor and amenities of the newer, trendier resorts. However, we really enjoyed our stay and definitely will go back again.

Over-rated, over-priced

Like the rest of Sedona the Poco Diablo is over-rated and over-priced. Although it is described as a resort, it is more like a Holiday Inn with a mini golf course in the courtyard. The first thing we noticed when we entered our room (406) was the intense smell of cleaning solution. We had to air the room out for a good hour before the smell lessened to the point that we could close the door. The room itself is pretty dated. My guess would be circa 1980. The carpet is brown (to hide the dirt?) and worn in some places. The walls could use a fresh coat of paint. Our room was connected to three others via a small passsage way. and a family with kids was using two of them. Although we kept our door closed, the sound of the screaming kids came through loud and clear. There is no free newspaper delivery in the morning. You have to get it at the lobby and pay for it. Unfortunately, when I went to get my paper there was no one at the lobby to take the 50 cents. So guess what? I did get a free newspaper after all. Also, they have a computer in the lobby to connect to the internet but this too is pay to use. There's a ping-pong table in the pool area but guess what? Again, you have to pay a quarter to get a ball. I felt like I was being nickle and dimed for everything. Overall, I got a discounted rate on Priceline but if I had it to do over again, I would not stay here again. I could get the same thing or better at half the cost at a good two star hotel.

Nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Buffy66

Stayed here May 17th for one night. Staff was very nice. Had AAA discount and we got an upgraded room, but had to settle for 2 Queen beds instead of a king. We were on the second floor overlooking the golf course. It was very quiet, the rooms average, but clean. Would stay here again, loved the ducks.

by TripAdvisor Member jkiherI

I wondered, with the opinions so varied about the Radisson, but I stuck with my reservation. I'm glad I did. Great free automatic upgraded room (50+ rate), beautiful grounds, great room. For $99.00 a large well equipped room overlooking the golf course with a balcony. The ducks, along with a turkey vulture, come to your window and you can feed them if you like. Rock views, attentive staff etc.
If you check out the comps., you'll find most of them on busy 179 or 89A. Nothing wrong with them, but if you're into quiet, go Radisson.
Was it perfect? No, but for that rate in Sedona, I'll be back again!

Disappointed - but not horrible

Recommended by 2 people that it was a good deal, but the rooms are just OK. Got a good deal from Priceline to stay at the Radisson ($95 w/tax) so we booked it. Checked into the room and it was not at all what we expected. Popcorn ceilings and outdated furniture doesn't really appeal to me in a place that is considered a "resort". We upgraded our room which was another $25. It was nicer. Bed was uncomfortable, hole in bathroom door, mold on bathroom ceiling, shower curtain did not close across bathtub completely and the sliding glass door was off its track. There was a jacuzzi tub which was very nice and a private patio overlooking the golf course with limited red rock views. Overall it was OK. Probably wouldn't stay here again and probably would not recommend. You could stay at the Amara (which looked alot nicer) for the same price with the upgrade we had to pay. Other recommendations - Cowboy Club on Main St. had GREAT food and GREAT service. Good for lunch, dinner prices are ($25-30) per person! ouch! At the Hillside Gallery, the Javelina Cantina has AWESOME mexican food and great service. We went to Oaxaca and walked out cause the salsa tasted like ketchup and the serviced reaked. Not much nightlife in Sedona, but a quaint bar near the Hilton (very PRETTY place by the way!) called Full Moon Saloon. Good service, but small. Very cool art galleries and shops down Main St.

Check out other options first.

by TripAdvisor Member carlsbadkid

Got this room on Priceline for $65. I would say that this is definitely NOT a resort-- yes, it can check off that it has a golf course, pool, family game room, exercise room etc.... BUT, they are mostly substandard and in no way of resort quality. The entire property was tired looking. We didn't eat there because there was only one person at their main restaurant at dinner time, figured that said it all!

From a room perspective, we were supposed to be placed in the back area (because we paid the Priceline rate) which I would liken to a Travelodge with peeling paint on the corridors and so forth. Although the hotel was perhaps 50% full, they wanted us to PAY for an upgrade to the pool area rooms. On the plus side, the rooms were large, there was a good sized fridge, sink etc.. for your own food. There are many nicer properties in the area-- check out the Best Western, it's brand new, right in town and has magnificent views!!!!

I would not recommend this hotel, there are too many other good options. I would highly recommend PINK JEEP Tours and the Broken Arrow tour. IT was a blast!!!! We took the 5pm tour for photo ops. We had incredible food in Sedona--- the Oak Creek Brewery has enormous portions (kids pizza's were 12" round!)

Enjoy your stay!

Hotel or B&B close to Bell Rock

by Dandelion1

Are there any nice hotels or B&Bs in Sedona (not on the Oak Creek Village side) within walking distance of Bell Rock or with Bell Rock view???

I will be staying in Sedona in September for one month and I'd like to stay close to my Number One mountain. I already know Poco Diablo Resort, Amara Resort, Enchantment Resort and Inn on Oak Creek - all wonderful, but too far away from Bell Rock.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Hotel or B&B close to Bell Rock

by YVRDave

How is this place http://www.cozycactus.com/

Comments