Sedona Hideaway

2130 Red Rock Loop Road, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

More about Sedona Hideaway

Amazing B&B

by TripAdvisor Member BurbankTandC

After researching a ton of B&Bs in Sedona, we settled on this small (2 suites) luxury property, and we couldn't have been happier. Food, comfort and beauty were all we were asking for, and the Cathedral Hideaway delivered on all fronts.

My wife has a severe gluten allergy, so food is always an issue. With a simple email and telephone call, the owners of the Hideaway made it clear that adjusting to her needs was not going to be an issue. And they sure came through! The food was simply amazing - cooked to order, flexible on the time of serving and served surrounded by the amazing views. Not one single problem with her allergies, and the owners made her feel right a home.

The room itself was incredibly sumptuous. A huge spa tub under a large picture window, a two person shower the size of my apartment, and plenty of lounging space. The Sleep Number bed was the clincher for us, as that is what we have at home. Truly felt like a 5 star hotel suite! They even turn down your bed at night and leave a little present behind.

And we can't say enough about the views. If you've never been to Sedona, it's simply amazing. The Hideaway was built in such a way as to frame this incredible landscape. Each window in our room captured a different view. The porches are perfectly set to star gaze, and the property has many small, hidden sitting areas that offer different views. I tell you, just like a postcard! The architect (also one of the cooks and owners) couldn't have done a more perfect job!

With all of that, I must say that our favorite part was the flexibility allowed in all things at the Hideaway. They let you pick when, what and where you want breakfast. They'll help you with reservations at some great restaurants (lots gluten free or friendly!). They'll schedule spa treatments whenever convenient to you. Want to just sit around? No problem. Want to chat? No problem. Want to go for a hike? They'll show you the trails and turn you loose. We loved it, and can't wait to go back!

Thanks Kathy and Larry! It was perfect, and we'll be seeing you again if we didn't make "the list"! =)

Beautiful Hideaway & Great Gluten-free meals!

by TripAdvisor Member clarysage78

Hands-down, the best B & B I've ever stayed at! My husband & I loved the comfortable yet luxurious Safari Room with it's amazing picture windows and jacuzzi tub. Kathy & Larry are friendly hosts with a great sense of humor who really let you set the pace during your visit. You can be sociable and converstional or keep to yourself and hardly notice your hosts. We needed a B & B to accomodate my Celiac diet in making everything totally gluten free and they created wonderful gourmet breakfasts. When we arrived they even had gluten free brownies waiting for us! The other major perk was the king size Sleep Number bed is very comfortable! Kathy & Larry are very knowlegable about the area and have tons of great advice & resources in Sedona. We would definitely recommend Sedona Cathedral Hideaway! Terresa & Chris

Should be rated #1

by TripAdvisor Member TheAnalyst

Although this property is currently rated #5 in Sedona for B&B's, it should be #1. My wife and I have stayed at numerous top rated hotels across the US and Canada (AAA 5-Diamond, Leading Hotels of the World, etc.), and none of them have rooms that compare to SCH.

As a brand new home, built to be a B&B, it has all of the amenities you can imagine: plasma TV, fireplace, walk-in closet, Jacuzzi tub, huge two-person shower (appox. 5'x5') and most luxurious linens and towels around. Add on to that unobstructed views of Cathedral Rock, the amazing breakfasts and gracious hosts (Kathy & Larry), and it's a difficult place to leave.

We will be returning next year and we definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Sedona.

Best Bed and Breakfast in Sedona

by TripAdvisor Member cubs77

I wanted something really special for my girlfriend's birthday in Sedona. I did a lot of research and came across Sedona Cathedral Hideaway. From the moment we walked into the B&B, we felt like loyalty. Larry and Kathy, the owners went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations. Kathy made a special birthday cake for my girlfriend which was waiting for us in the room after returning to dinner. The room was absolutely amazing. Highly recommended.....

Great Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member kelandlyn

We have stayed at Bed and Breakfasts from California to Maine and the Sedona Catherdral Hideway is the best.
We were catered to above and beyond all expectations.
A great secluded get-a-way for anyone wanting to relax and rest.
Still within close distance to all the sights of Sedona.
And the breakfasts...gourmet...

Kelly & Lynn
Salt Lake City

Outstanding B&B

by TripAdvisor Member PreggoNewYork

I highly recommend Sedona Cathedral Hideaway on all counts: location, service, guest rooms, and food. My husband and I stayed here for four nights in Sep 2007. The location is excellent...a 5 minute walk to Oak Creek and the base of Cathedral Rock. The views from the B&B are amazing. The service is five star...the hosts are warm, inviting, fun, and full of information about Sedona. The guest rooms are outstanding...they are large, offering a sitting area, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, large shower with two shower heads, wireless internet, speaker system connection for ipod, and more. Breakfast is customized to your desire...each evening you make your selection for the following morning. Spa services are available right in your room. Sedona Cathedral Hideaway exceeded our expectations!

The greatest and peaceful B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Toshihiro

We stayed at Sedona Cathedral Hideaway for three nights. It is the best B&B we have ever been to. We could see Cathedral Rock from our room and it was just amazing especially in sunset and sunrise. The room was so clean, elegant and comfortable. The owners are so kind, hospitality and good at cooking and so on. They kindly guided us to the entrance of Cathedral Rock and we could go to the top of there.
Again, we recommend this B&B and it must be definitely the best B&B !

"I've never felt better"

by TripAdvisor Member Stellasmom23

We split our vacation between the Phoenix area and Sedona and all I can say is it's a shame we didn't have more time at the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway! The room was so luxuriously comfortable and the huge double shower a real treat. One good reason to leave it however was for the smell of the fresh waffles from downstairs. Larry and Kathy see to ever detail, even toys for our daughter to play with. Watching the sunset over Cathedral Rock is a memory that will not be forgotten. Larry and Kathy's own love of the area and actual joy in taking care of their guests will direct you to just the right thing to do in Sedona to make your vacation special. I'm not sure what strings were pulled but they even managed to get me a short notice appointment for some healing accupunture. After our stay, I feel better and more relaxed than I have in years. I think we've just created a new family tradition - Dorothy, Marietta, GA

Better than the Biltmore, more Wonderful than the Waldorf Astoria

by TripAdvisor Member Hilltopper1981

We have been in suites at the Arizona Biltmore and the Waldorf Astoria, and this is better. Think of a beautiful setting, a lovely home, fabulous food, ideal room, hosted by the most accomodating people you ever had care for you. Breakfast whenever was as good as it gets with special omlettes, oatmeal, fruit, pastry, served on the deck looking out at Cathedral Rock, and the magnificent back yard which Larry has painstakenly manicured, or in the formal dinning room, or in the serenity room, or as we did one day, in the kitchen. WoW.

Sleep comfort bed, sofa, flat screen television (never used), walk in closet, private refrigerator, double sinks, double jacuzi, double shower -- it is made for couples. This home was literally made for couples, and only two at a time. This is a very private resort with very personal care.

Cathy and Larry know what interested us, and were able to direct us where we wanted to go; and when we made poor plans, they casually redirected us. They know the tour guides at the Indian ruins, the pilots of the hot air balloons, and the train schedule to the Grand Canyon. They were our local contacts for everything we needed.

Massage chairs, treadmill, free weights, board games, hummingbirds everywhere (very cool) and a roadrunner that Larry seems to know personally.

WE will go back, and when we go back to Sedona, the only place we will stay is with Larry and Cathy at the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway.

"Along this path I must go, seeking what I do not know..." The remainder of this verse is hidden in open view on the property, and it is a beautiful thought provoking sentiment. If you want the best facilities, the perfect hosts and if you want to fall deeper in love with your companion, you will be pleased with the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway. Promise.

Good people will grow from their experiences with these people in this beautiful place.

What a treat!

by TripAdvisor Member kathiPDX

My husband and I were expecting something wonderful from all the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not dissapointed in the least. The house was absolutely beautiful as was our suite. My favorite part was the enormous walk-in shower with two shower heads. Larry and Kathy were very gracious hosts and went out of our way to accomodate us and steer us in the right direction for hikes/sights and restaurant recommendations. Make sure to listen to their restaurant recommendations as they know what they are talking about! I was pleasantly suprised to find the plush bathrobes with slippers, wine glasses and wine bottle opener in our room, unlimited supply of water, soft drinks, and chocolates, plus the small fridge and microwave...it's like they thought of everything! The house is in a great location near Red Rock State park and easy access to Cathedral Rock. Kathy even walks you over there to show you the way. We loved seeing the quails run through their property morning and night and hearing the coyotes at night. We hope to be back to this wonderful place some day!

Comments