Sedona Rouge Hotel And Spa

Booking.com Sedona Rouge Hotel Jetsetter.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• LiLz's Profile Photo

Urban Retreat and Decadent Delight

I had a wonderful stay at the Sedona Rouge. The rooms are very nice, especially the beds, which are so comfortable that I almost slept all day. The restaurant serves amazing food and the bartenders are very skilled. The spa offers a terrific selection of spoiling, relaxing and enriching treatments. I would and have recommended this resort to my friends.

Unique Quality: One of my favorite things about the Rouge is that, instead of being decked out in Southwestern decor, it's decorated with wonderful Tunisian, Andalusian and Balanese pieces that really set it apart from other hotels in the area. I especially enjoyed having drinks on the top deck at night - we saw an amazing comet one night.

More about Sedona Rouge Hotel And Spa

Excellent Hotel Best Deal in Sedona

by TripAdvisor Member jayzworldtravel

Stayed at the Sedona Rouge. Super Hotel. Tried REDS, restaurant is as accomodating as the hotel. Beds were wonderful. Rooms a little small great for a couple. Great pillows, comfortable bed. Fresh bottles of water every day, fresh trail mix every day. Does not look like much from the road, but if you are looking for a great hotel with great staff and comfortable beds GREAT CHOICE
Pool and Spa clean, nice touch outdoor fireplace.

Great Place!!

by TripAdvisor Member jaw914

My husband and I just went to Sedona Rouge for 2 nights last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I would definitely recommend this place. The only complaint I have is that the staff could be a bit friendlier. The food at Reds is outstanding!!

Great Locastion, Rooms, Service, Spa & Restaurant!

I took a three-day vacation to the Sedona Rouge and it was the perfect place for me to stay! The rooms average size but were quite well-appointed and very tasteful -- oversize showers, incredibly comfortable bed, flat panel TV, etc.

The hotel's staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. The spa is very relaxing and professional masseuses. And Red's, the hotel's restaurant, served one of the best dinners I've eaten in awhile!

Of course, the real draw of the hotel is the nearby red rocks and all of the outdoor hiking and viewing they offer.

I have never written a hotel recommendation before, but had such a good experience at Sedona Rouge that I thought they deserved this positive write-up!

Great Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member BDWW

Just got back from a three night stay at the Sedona Rouge Hotel. The place is amazing! Deborah at the concierge desk gave us some great places to go hiking (Red Rock Crossing is great!) and also helped us with dinner reservations. The rooms are incredible, with a gas fireplace and an amazing bed. We went to the spa, which was also very nice. Prior to arriving, I was a little worried because of some of the negative reviews I had read regarding the hotels location. While it is on the main street, we found it to be extremely convenient. It was plenty quiet, and was easy to get everywhere we needed to go. One night we went to Red's Restaurant, which was outstanding. The service there was terrific. Without a doubt I would recommend Sedona Rouge! We had such a good time out there, we actually spent a little time looking for houses in the area!

WOW!!

by TripAdvisor Member meeson

Had the pleasure to stay at Sedona Rouge for a week in May. We were very impressed with the beautifel hotel, the great restaurant and the whole experience. We let management know about a mix up with a room service order, and they went above and beyond our expectations to satisfy us. Don't let the bad reviews on this site fool you, this is "THE" place to stay in Sedona!!! Can't wait to come back and visit again.

So Relaxing!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sedona Rouge for two nights. We got the romance package which included a two night stay in a deluxe suite, a 60 minute couples massage, and a 100 dollar dining credit for $769.

We had a wonderful time. On our first night there they brought us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. As for the room, The bed is so comfortable.It had Down comforter and pillows. The fireplace was a nice touch. The bathroom was big, and a large 2 headed shower. Even though the hotel is right on a busy street, the room was very quiet. I rarly heard any traffic at all.

The Spa was the best part. They have steam rooms and jaccuzzis. The massages themselves were awesome. My only complaint is that the steam baths and the jaccuzzis are separated for men and women. It would have been nice to take a steam bath with my boyfriend.

Reds was a very nice restuarant. The food was very good, and the service was excellent.

This is a very nice hotel, and I reccomend it to anyone planning a stay in Sedona.

Look no further, this is your best choice for Sedona

by TripAdvisor Member MissPigi

I spent 2 nights here March 16 and 17th. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is very friendly. We checked in quite a bit earlier than supposed to, but our rooms were ready. The beds are out of this world. You could stay in them all day, if there was not so much to do and see in Sedona. The showers were huge with dual spray. The bathroom amenities were so wonderful I bought some to take home with me.

The spa was wonderful. I got a hot stone massage by Jill and she was great. I felt all my cares melting away. If you go, ask for her, she was the best. My mother also got a massage that she liked, not sure with who. Even if you dont want to spend the $90.00/hour, you can use the steam room and other spa amenities.

I am sorry to say, we did not eat at Reds, the hotel restaurant. It looked very nice, but there were so many other places to eat, we decided to try elsewhere. For breakfast try the "Coffee Pot". There was so much to choose from and it is only a quick walk from the hotel. Also, for dinner we ate at the "Silver Saddle Room" so delicous. It is a short drive from the hotel, in upper Sedona. Great food , great service and great atmosphere.

I would not hesitate for a second on choosing this hotel. It has so much character and the rooms are out of this world. Also, someone else on this site mentioned a Safeway next door. There is, but I did not find this to be a hinderance at all, in fact we went to Safeway to stock up on sodas and snacks for the room. (there is a fridge in the room) The do give you 4 bottles of water each day, free of charge.

Rouge is Red Hot!

A sophisticated oasis away from the tourist trinkets of Sedona - this hotel exceeded our expectations. The location is convenient to West Sedona - but far from touristic Main Street (uptown) - so you will need a car - but once you are in the hotel room, you may not want to leave. They are located on a small lot on a busy street, so it is not as peaceful as it could be. After reading other reviews, we requested a room in the back - and room 309 was devine. Top corner room, with 2 balconies and views of the red rocks. The insulation and sound proofing is a little thin for a hotel of this caliber and noise echos in the court yard - so the lower rooms might be more noisy.

What sets Rouge apart is the quality of the amenitites. A huge HD flat screen TV, amazingly comfortable bed, cozy robes, walk in shower with 2 nozzles, and aromatherapy bath products. The staff was also quite friendly. THe fitness center is well equipped and the pool area is large enough and hidden from the main road.

We also recommend the REDS restaurant, for American Bistro food - gourmet meatloaf and mac n cheese, as well as tasty fresh fish and some more grown up cuisine. The server even treated us to molten chocolate cake for our wedding anniversary - well worth the 10 minute wait. The bar is very inviting - cozy, yet trendy, much like you would find in a major city - not the middle of the Red Rocks.

We would definately go back.

THE GREAT AMERICAN WEST. Part l.

by janicewilson

Final Take

The landscape is overwhelming. Canyons that continue to require the eras for its formation. The crater that required no more then 10 seconds. With the exception of two ridiculously outstanding contributions from the great architects Wright and Colter, the cultural offerings seemed...lacking. But I didn't come for the urban amenities, I came to revel in all the nature that Arizona had to offer. And I did.

"My Assessment"

Things To Do: Outdoors, you can't possibly get bored (but if you're sufficiently dumb to come to Arizona at the end of June as I was, you could possibly get heat stroke).

Hotels and Accommodations: The only accommodations worth mentioning, at which I stayed, was the Sedona Rouge. The other lodging during this trip was overpriced and in one instance, Comfort Inn in Flagstaff, disgusting. My deepest regret? Not staying at La Posada Hotel (I'd give my left tit for a do-over).

Restaurants: With one very much appreciated and very noted exception, The Cottage Place, dining in Arizona was downright dismal.

Nightlife: I truly enjoyed the air conditioning offered by hotels after various hikes in the canyon. After a day of Arizona heat, enjoying the AC was about all I could make happen at night.

Off the Beaten Track: A couple of nooks here and there, for example, the Behind the Scenes Tour at Taliesin West.

Transportation: All driving. I didn't see much in the way of public transportation.

Shopping: Didn't do any.

Sports Travel: A hiker's and mountain biker's paradise, provided you come when the weather's reasonable.

Warnings: You probably saw this coming. Don't go to Arizona for the cuisine offerings. Do go to Arizona in June and July if you can't get enough of thick, oppressive summer heat.

My Favorites

Dining:

The Cottage Place

Museums and Tours:

Taliesin West
La Posada Hotel

Sports Travel:

Hiking the Grand Canyon (into the belly)
Hiking Sedona's Montezuma's Castle and its vortexes