4055 Navoti Drive, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• RichardM43's Profile Photo

Their guarantee is worthless.

Their guarantee is worthless. You might as well us it as toilet paper! The concierge offered to take $100 off an event we were booking if we would attend a 90-minute time-share sales presentation. I told her there was no such thing as just a 90-minute sales presentation. Been there. Done That. She countered and assured me I was only signing up for 90-minutes. She produced a card outlining their 90-minute guarantee. It looked good. I took her up on her offer. BAD MISTAKE! I was right.

At the very beginning I told the sales rep that I had only signed up for the 90-minutes. I was not interested in a time share. I did what I could to hurry thing up… to no avail. After 3 hours of high pressure and disrespectful BS, I was very angry, the sales rep was anger and downright, rude and hateful. When I threatened to leave they said I would not get my $100 coupon if I did not complete the presentation. Now it felt like black mailed after I wasted 3 hours.

I went back and complained to the concierge. I asked them what they would do to make good on their “Guarantee”. Their first response was that was a different department and they could not do anything. After two stressful visits with the concierge on two different days and the promised call from the Manager still had not happened, I just gave up and promised myself to let the world know.

• Like A Home Away From Home

We stayed in a one bedroom suite here and absolutely loved it. It had a full kitchen, fireplace, whirlpool tub and balcony. It was so nice to wake up in the morning and have the option to eat breakfast in the room. Also, nice to store leftovers and have place to reheat and eat them. Wine on balcony at sunset every night! The resort has 3 pools, so if you don't have kids, you can be at an adult pool. Hot tubs, fitness center and very friendly concierge. Staff was accommodating We would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Unique Quality: The views from the property are fantastic. It offers some really spectacular Red Rock views.

Directions: In West Sedona

More about Sedona Summit Resort

We went through RCI which is a...

by victoriaval

We went through RCI which is a time share, and stayed at a beautiful resort..the Sedona Summit. Most places in Sedona is great..
150 a night would be about right gorgeous in every way..

Sedona is wonderful no matter where you stay

by TripAdvisor Member mimibev

We stayed at Sedona Summit in October and it was our first time at a time share. We did not collect the Free Gift because they did not tell us we had to do it on the weekend, but we had already done the Verde Canyon Rail ride. The first studio we were in, 146P was backed up to 89A and noisy. An non smoking room, it reeked of smoke and the spray they wanted to "clean" it with was worse. I told Betty in the office that they should give us the $250.00 they carge when people smoke in the "non" rooms, and she moved us to 135P. Better location but the walk was as poorly lit as the first studio. No stove and the microwave was more difficult to program, which was a bother and we lost HBO with the move, for some reason but all in all the units were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was quite large, good shelf space and very large shower. The water pressure was better in the second room.
It was a nice space to use as a hotel but I would not want to own one. We never used the pools etc and when we did have time to go for the complimentary breakfast, on Monday, we were told that it was only on Sat. and Sun., information that had not been provided. We did stop by on our last morning and pick up food for our flight.
Sedona has never been a place to go for great food. Rene's was a disappointment, but the Secret Garden was still very good for lunches. We tried Keisers which had been recommended but it was only ok. Troias had good breads but a very different lasagana. I thought it tasted too much of tomato paste, Pat thought it was good. We had a small pizza at the Hideaway and that was very good as was the brownie sundae. Ken's Creekside was also very good as was Amera's. You really have to look to find really good food though. Takeaway from Wildflower breads is also recommended. The best was the almond croussants from the Old Town Cafe in Cottonwood. We read about them at tripadvisor and that was right on true.
The sleeper couch was not at all comfortable but Pat slept on the couch and was ok with it.

fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member johnbethlehem7

we traded in through rci, after we had tried to trade into a different resort in sedona, where we had stayed previously. we were astonished to see the size of the one bedroom unit, with a full kitchen, bathroom with two person jacuzzi tub and separate shower, washer dryer, gas fireplace, etc. the red rock view from the balcony was the best we have had in our 5 stays in sedona, was truly a million dollar view.
the unit was clean and well-appointed. the grounds were well kept. as we were aware that a timeshare pitch is always nearby, we refused the offer of the"free gift", thanks to previous tripadvisor posts for the heads up.
we look forward to staying here again, or to buy a resale week

Pleased with the Studio...

by TripAdvisor Member smylar

My husband and I stayed at the Summit Resort the second week of July. When we checked in I immediately requested a room with a view due to the reviews here. Our room was in building 8 on the front/parking lot side...no great views only a parking lot. I can only say that I think the whole "resort" is poorly laid out. With views all the way around it, how can 70% of the rooms have horrible views? That's my major gripe, now on to the positive side.

We received this week through a friend who had an extra RCI week. We paid the $150.00 to exchange the week, not bad for a week's lodging no matter how bad the view. We truly used it as just a place to sleep. With everything to see and do, you won't be in the room much. It is a very clean room, the studio only has the "kitchenette" and no jacuzzi, but a very nice sized shower and bathroom. Nice layout, and plenty of room for two people. We had dinner in the room several times as well. The microwave is also a convection oven. No stove though. One note: don't forget any toiletries, they don't restock those items. We enjoyed the adult pool & spa behind our building after a long day sight-seeing.

Here are some of the things we took in:
~Grand Canyon, stayed the night to see sunset and sunrise
~Vortexes, bought a book of the local trails and vortexes
~West Fork Trail, an easy must-do trail just amazing
~Airport Road lookout
~Oak Creek Canyon - scenic 89a highway to Flagstaff
~Montezumas Castle & Well
~Page AZ - look up the Antelope Canyons & Glen Canyon Dam
~Snowbowl Ski Lift (Flagstaff) - Lets just say temp was 90 at ground level and 45 on top after a 45 minute ski lift ride...which was not for the faint of heart.
~Jerome- ghost town...not really, now its artsy galleries.
~Slide Rock State Park, best cool down place I've ever seen!
~Of course, Sedona in general is just incredible.
~Chapel in the Rock, really neat place with an awesome house just built across the street.

I normally comment on restaurants but we only found one that is worth mentioning - Shugrue's in Oak Creek has the best Ahi Tuna my husband has ever had. He is reading over my shoulder saying "Phenominal!"

We typically stay at really awesome resorts, so to call this place a resort seems extremely misleading. It has rooms, pools and a few hot tubs; however, no restaurants or spa amenities. We didn't go in expecting too much and were fine with it.

At the end of the day, yes I'd stay here again. Feel free to email me at angiemylar@yahoo.com if you have a question that hasn't been answered in any of the reviews.

Red rocks in comfort

by TripAdvisor Member Holakjs

We stayed Aug 8 - 15 in a studio. We did take the free gift, which was a discount on the Verde Canyon train trip. Yes, we went to the timeshare presentation which provided a tour of the newer offerings.

We were shown the desert-themed studio or one bedroom, which are the the "regular" version. The newer units are called "deluxe". The difference is that the "deluxe" version is updated décor (more Pottery Barn) and upgrades of countertops, etc. Our regular version studio showed signs of wear on the table top as well as the horizontal blinds. When we requested service to adjust the blinds, they came within an hour and repaired, replaced. Very customer service oriented.

The studio units could work for a couple or a couple with 2 young children; otherwise, a one-bedroom or two bedroom would be preferable for a larger group or older children. As stated before, a two bedroom is a one bedroom plus the studio.

There are so many activities in the area that it appears that most people go off to tour, hike, golf during the day and return in the pm for swimming, eating or checking email on one of the two free computers. Users are timed for 30 minutes so that is a nice way to do it.

I took a walk and crossed 89A to see the high school. The resort, generally speaking, did not align the windows for great views as mentioned by previous viewer. However, the architect of the local high school saw that the Red Rocks could be seen from many of the windows of the high school. The ¼ mile track around the football field was available for use.

Water safety: I must respond to the person upset that a security guard got upset about “GLASS in the pool area”. You can just be glad I wasn’t there. Glass (a plastic cup/mug, etc. is different) does not belong anywhere around a swimming pool no matter how sober or drunk the person is. The liability is too much. I can understand the ire of the resort personnel.

We used the grill for one meal, and many people were using the grills. However, there was never a problem of too many people for a grill.

There was a nearby family pool which was bigger than the adult pool. My husband recovering from knee surgery worked out in the family pool and the young and older coexisted very well. (The adult pool is smaller.) He also used the nearby hot tub or larger Jacuzzi.

loved the summit

by TripAdvisor Member barr3305

We arrived late on a Fri night and were promtly taken care of our room was a one bedroom deluxe. It was quite spacious and very well furnished with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. shower and whirlpool tub flat screen tv's (2) and everything else to make us comfortable. I've seem some reviews that complain about the views. All I have to say about the view is you leave the hotel to see the view who cares what the view is from your room. the entire town of sedona is a beautiful view. all you do is leave the hotel and make a left into town and the view is breathtaking. Everyone at the resort was very helpful they will help you book any tour you want give you directions. thay have one touch up for your room each week your there which is all you really need. bbq grills right outside the door. All in All the summit was great I am slightly disabled so I asked for a ground floor unit with no steps and I got it. We would definitly go back. Sedona has great places to go and see near by and great places to eat. Go on the Verde Canyon Railroad its a great trip Go First class its worth the extra 20 bucks they serve you snacks and a champane cocktail and drinks are avail to buy the desk will set you up but book as soon as you get there they are about three days out booked.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member crazyandhyper

This place was wonderful! The location is a little bit remote from the main town of Sedona but it is very near to Red Rock Park and other beutiful scenic hiking trails. The units were fantastic! We had a two bedroom unit (essentially a one bedroom and a studio combined so we had two bathrooms, two kitchens). Expect this awesome resort to be even better once they complete the newer units (it was under construction when we stayed) The jaccuzi tub was very very good and very large as well. The studio bathroom was also very large (it was like half the size of the studio unit) The one bedroom unit also had a very nice electric fireplace with a very pratical kitchen with almost everything.

One tip: try to get a room closer to the lobby because it is very difficult to walk to the lobby at night when it is almost pitch black outside.

Nice furnished condo

by TripAdvisor Member Traveling_Sandy

We booked this through a timeshare rental place called Interval. The "resort" is actually an apartment complex, with two-story buildings of 16 units each. The units are either studio/loft/efficiency with a queen bed, kitchenette and pull-out couch; or a one-bedroom with a large living area, kitchenette and separate bedroom with king bed. If you book a two-bedroom rental, they open a connecting door and you actually get both the one-bedroom and studio (which includes 2 separate entrances, kitchens and bathrooms). We got the two-bedroom, which was plenty of space for a couple and one child. The place was very clean and well-maintained. The one-bedroom unit has a fireplace and whirlpool tub. The studio has just a shower. The concierge desk called once to try to get us to listen to a timeshare presentation. We declined and they did not bug us again. The complex has several pools and hot tubs and a small exercise room with about 5 pieces of equipment. The buildings were not built to capture great views, so sitting on the balcony was nothing special. They have a children's playground on site as well as gas BBQs so you can grill your own steaks. Parking was ample and included with the room. You are not within walking distance of the town right now, but since they are developing like crazy, I can see that changing in the future. Overall I would say it was a good place to stay with a family. It would be very cramped to put anything more than a couple into the studio/loft unit (unless you are very close friends).

While in Sedona we took the Verde Canyon train ride. It was very scenic and pleasant. We had coach seats, which were plenty large and comfortable enough for us. Most people get up and go the outside viewing cars anyway, so your seat assignment is not that important. The coach cars have a snack bar with food for sale. Overall, I highly recommend this attraction.

Sedona Is Beautiful This Time Share Is Not

by TripAdvisor Member NormalNormal

First of all this is not a hotel, it is a time share. Also it is not one story as stated. 90% of the rooms are two story.Only a few of the rooms have a view. It is right on 89A which is a very busy highway. A sound wall is put up between the time share and the road. There is a sewer/septic odor in the mornings. Also we smelled gas several days too.
The time share is not well maintained. Over half of the walkway lights do not work. There was ice on the sidewalks which was not even scraped off.The drip system runs and leave puddles. This is the worst maintained time share we have ever stayed in.The front desk employees are rude, pushy and uninformed. We came into the lobby several times and found the employees passed out and sleeping. We won't stay here again and we recommend to everyone to stay somewhere else. A campground would be more fun.

Comments