Airport Rd., Sedona, Arizona, 86339, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Great location and views

This is a very nice local hotel. The rooms are very nice and clean. They have a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well as wifi. There is no safe in the room. The staff are very friendly and check in was very easy. There is a small shop inside the lobby. They also have a wine bar just outside the lobby. The grounds are beautiful and very quiet. There is a heated pool and jacuzzi.

Unique Quality: They have their own private view point that overlooks Sedona.

• Worst Customer Service I've Ever Experienced!!!!

We had to file a complaint with the better business bureau regarding the Sky Ranch Lodge. They have an UNSATISFACTORY record with the BBB. We had so many problems and inconveniences with them, and the supposed "management" could not have cared less, actually writing back bold-faced lies in their response to our complaint.

We stayed at the SRL around 02/17/08 and the problems began almost immediately. When we checked into our room with a supposed "Partial View of the Red Rocks" we were sadly disappointed to learn we could only see one good rock from our room. Everything else was blocked by trees. When we complained the SRL responded saying there were only "2 defoliated trees." Please...

The back balconies are not private and we continually had other guests walking back and forth across our balcony. Very disruptive and loud.

After 5 minutes in the shower my girlfriend's shower ran cold and she hurried up to get out. Not knowing she had gotten out from a cold shower I jumped in and was shocked to find no hot water. While the maintenance person came quick, he had to bang around in the bathroom for about 10 minutes only to come out and say that somehow the hot water regulator was turned down lower than usual, possibly by a previous guest. I doubt any guest would have the interest in turning DOWN the hot water. After complaining to management we were given excuse after excuse with not even a single apology. It wasn't their fault according to them. They said they had a "40 gallon instant recovery tank." If that's true then it was defective. Management even had the gall to write to the BBB and say that they had to turn the hot water UP HIGHER THAN NORMAL FOR US! Can you believe that? The maintenance guy himself said it was turned down below normal.

Next, immediately after the maintenance person left, the room smelled of smoke. We came to the conclusion that he lit up a cigarette outside our room. It completely filled up our room with the stench of smoke, and we were already aggravated from having to get out of cold showers. The hotel responded saying that maybe another guest lit up outside our room right after the maintenance left and that the employees follow strict rules on designated smoking areas. I seriously doubt that as late, dark, and cold as it was, and after banging around in our bathroom for 10 minutes that the maintenance person would have taken the time to walk to a "designated smoking area."

As cold as it was in Sedona, all we honestly wanted was to have a nice, hot shower and relax before our Grand Canyon tour the next day. The Sky Ranch Lodge could not deliver. One night manager made excuses when we complained, while the day manager offered us 10% off our bill. The 10% would not even cover the tax we paid on the room and was quite insulting. Why should we pay for a cold shower, a smoke filled room, a deceptive view of "a rock", and a balcony that according to the Sky Ranch Lodge, was a "public facility." We paid for a view that anyone could walk across and see. Honestly the drive up to the hotel had a view a million times better than the room itself. Maybe that's why so many people were walking across our balcony. Maybe their views were just as mundane as ours.

Sky Ranch Lodge: great concept w/ the hotel up on the mesa; however, old outdated rooms, wifi that cuts in and out, cold showers, crappy views in the "partial views," and the worst part of all...customer service that doesn't give a damn. Never again will I visit this place, and I hope that you take the time to read the other complaints about this hotel regarding customer service and other issues and find a nicer hotel in beautiful Sedona. We would have had better service at a Days Inn.

Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone. Good luck if you stay here! You'll need it!

• Excentric's Profile Photo

Sedona's Best Views and Value

Sky Ranch Lodge sits atop Airport Mesa overlooking all of Sedona's majestic red rocks.

I would highly recommend this hotel for its views and its affordability.

Tell them the "Sedona Excentric" sent you.

Unique Quality: Great Views!

Directions: In the heart of Sedona!

• keida84's Profile Photo

An Oasis in the Sky

We enjoyed a wonderful group of "Double queen Garden" rooms as we went on a sorority reunion week end. We had a lovely patio overlooking the West part of Sedona. The gardens and grounds were beautiful. The staff professional and accomodating.

This is a great place for all types of travelers...families, romantic types, girls week end away.

Some rooms have fireplaces, refrigerators and small kitchenettes.

Good value for the money.

Note: The rooms can be a bit "shabby" in terms of frayed linens or outdated bedspreads but we were able to over look this because our motive was cost effectiveness for a girls' week-end.

Unique Quality: On 6 acres next to the Sedona Airport, Sky Ranch Lodge is built near one of Sedona's energy vortexs. The airport has a great breakfast and it is a great place to sit and relax and watch the planes take off and land.

They offer Vortex tour packages and "Medicine Wheel" walks. What is a medicine wheel? "A Medicine wheel is made of five stones representing the four directions: N, S, E, W, the center stone representing above, below and within the heart."

• ThisQueenBee's Profile Photo

Stay at the Airport Mesa!

This place is awesome! Imagine painting your tonails some borderline obscene shade of red by the pool, cottonballs between your toes, cutesy drink in your hand, veiw like the one on the intro to this page. In such a good way. The rooms and setup are straight out of the sixties, and it isn't fancy-schmancy, but I've rarely come across a place with so much heart. The rates aren't bad at all, especially for the area. And you can't beat the location - right at the top of the airport mesa. I do suggest you bring an eggcrate - the first bed / room we had really kind of needed it - the second one was great all by itself. The grounds are so peaceful. Beautiful shade, actual (gasp) grass, audible breezes, even a little landscaped stream running through the the cottages. And get this - cottontail bunnies! I spent hours on the front porch in a lawn chair just...ahhh. I haven't ever been able to do that, just plan on it and then fail to do it. This time I did it, and it's because this place is so conducive to breathing and remembering that you exist.

Unique Quality: Note that $40-$80 covers some rooms, but not all. The views of the Airport Mesa are breathtaking. Still, I think the garden rooms rock, and they're the less expensive ones.

Directions: Find the intersection of 89-A and Airport Road. You'll see their first sign. Then go to the top of Airport Road, where you'll see their sign, or just ask someone. You can't miss it, Sedona's small.

More about Sky Ranch Lodge

Has some of the best views in Sedona, AZ.

by crobi about Sky Ranch Lodge

The Sky Ranch Lodge in Sedona, AZ offers simple luxury.
The beamed ceilings added a Cozy and Romantic feel to our stay. The staff was very friendly. The gruonds are nicely landscaped. The views from this top of the hill Lodge are some of the best in Sedona.

Bring the dog!

My husband and I stayed two nights in a Rim View 2 Queen Bed suite, room 248, total cost $167. It was over the weekend but to my surprise, was not crowded. We absolutely loved our room, spacious and very clean. I opened the blinds to our "private deck" to find the most beautiful view I've seen in Sedona! You can see the entire city with a red rock back drop. The private deck is shared with 3 other rooms but there are divider walls so you do have a little privacy. I was sad that I left my dog at home because for $10 she could have come with us. There is plenty of open space and other well behaved dogs to play with. I didn't hear one bark during the entire weekend, nor did I see one poop. The pool was heated, and the spa was the perfect temp. The trees shaded most of the pool, so getting a tan was only possible for about 2 hours. One suggestion I would have for the hotel would be to invest in some new towels. The bath towels were small and scratchy, so were the pool towels. We also had a problem with hot water for our showers. After about 5 minutes, the water got cold! It happened at night and again in the morning. I'm not sure if all 4 rooms share the same water heater, it's something I think the hotel should look into. There's nothing worse that after a big hike, to get in the shower only for it to get stone cold after a few minutes! Other than that inconvenience, the Sky Ranch Lodge was great and I will stay there again. I wanted to next time try for the one of the two suites, for about $200/night...but when I saw them, I noticed they are right by the main entrance and near the street! I know those rooms are much bigger and nicer, but I'd rather be where we were, way in the back where there's no people walking by. Tip: the rooms by the pool have a lot of people walking by too. I'd rather have the privacy and quiet. The room we stayed in was the perfect location. We have stayed in many other hotels in Sedona. I think this is one of the best for the price. A couple weeks ago we stayed at the Best Western Arroyo. It was overpriced and the pool wasn't heated. A lot of hotels in Sedona tend to be extremely expensive for what you get. I think the Sky Ranch Lodge is the most for your money. There is a cat in the lobby who greets you, nice touch. If you don't like animals, this might not be the hotel for you. Best view, best price....stay at the Sky Ranch Lodge, you won't regret it.

Just about perfect

Our family -- which includes two young children (3 and 6) -- stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge for 3 nights (March 25-28). We stayed in Room #231, which is one of the larger rooms, right next to the two cottages. We had tried to book a cottage several months ago, but they long since had been taken. In any case, our room was just fine for a small family. As other reviewers have said, the rooms are not high-end luxury, but they're clean, with a fridge and sink, and many -- like ours -- have terrific views. The gas fireplace is a nice touch for the cool evenings. The grounds are meticulously cared for, with plenty of trees, cacti, "cowboy killers," and trickling creeks. Also, the drive up to the Lodge, located on Airport Mesa, is a great introduction to Sedona. There are trailheads that begin from Airport Mesa, so it's convenient if you're interested in hiking. We loved the restaurant located at the airport, which, although not associated with the Lodge, is within easy walking distance. (Try the breakfast burrito!) If we visit Sedona again, we would definitely stay here. It's far enough away from the congestion of the town to be peaceful, but close enough to be convenient!

Couldn't ask for a Better View!

My husband and I just returned on May, 9th from Sky Ranch Lodge in Sedona. We stayed for 5 wonderful nights in room 246. The view was spectacular. I had booked the Sky Ranch for 3 nights, but we decided to leave the Grand Canyon a couple days early, (since we found 2 nights where enough at the Canyon) and try our luck getting a couple extra nights at Sky Ranch. Low and Behold, the room was available. We were totally amazed with the view of Coffee Pot Rock, Capital Butte, Courthouse Rock, Catedral Rock and a couple others. We ate at the Airport restaraunt a couple times and enjoyed watching the planes and helicopters. Food was great! Weather was the best we could ask for. Took the pink jeep tour, went to Slide Rock park, drove to Oak Creek, Jerome, Montezuma Castle, Prescott, Camp Verde and a lot of other places. It was great going back to our room and seeing a gorgeous sunset from our private balcony. We had a nice little kitchenette for our snacks.
The rooms do need some updating. The carpet wasn't the best and they really do need some new mattresses. The pool is small, but inviting. The grounds are very well kept, and beautiful. Overall, not bad for the price. The view was worth it!
Oh! If you want a really good and affordable place to eat breakfast, try the Coffee Pot Restaraunt. Home of 101 Omelets. It was the best and good size portions. It's located on 89A right below Coffee Pot Rock.

A little oasis of beauty

by TripAdvisor Member BigHouseBob

Stayed here for a few days after a trip to Grand Canyon.

What an absolutely smashing place this is. Peaceful, tranquil and very relaxing - who needs the TV.

The room we had was a through room with queen beds and kitchenette! There aren't any more facilities on site than a vending machine and ice makers. The room overlooked the gardens, and backed onto the airport (not though you'd notice).

You get a great view of Sedona and area from the vista point a few yards from the entrance to the lodge - a popular spot at sunset.

This place has a good pool, and makes an ideal spot to relax and chill.

Loved Sky Ranch!

Stayed here for 2 nights in late September and loved it. I had a garden room which was a little noisy in the morning because it was on the path that let to the parking lot, but the room was big, and the grounds were lovely. I loved the location - overlooking Sedona, near the airport where everyone goes to watch the sunset. It was an easy 5 minute drive into town. Friends also stayed - they got a room with a view of the town and CoffeePot Rock, and we watched the sunset from their patio with glasses of wine. It's peaceful and rustic - just what I wanted. At $75-140 (depending on the view), we all thought it was well worth it.

Sedona to Phoenix

by cherylrf

How far and how long of a drive between Sedona and Phoenix? We will be flying into Phoenix Airport but would like to come to Sedona for a day or two before checking into Phoenix hotel. Any tips where to stay in Sedona and how far from the airport is Sedona? Thanks. Cheryl

by MikePinTucson

Sedona is right around a 2 hour drive from the airport in Phoenix.

As for tips on where to stay, I guess that depends on what you are looking for.

Enchantment is the premiere resort in Sedona, in a gorgeous setting. But the rooms start in the $350-$450 range.

We have stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge twice and really enjoyed it. You can get non-view rooms under $100, and the highest priced room is $189, with views to die for. They don't have a restaurant on premises, but they are a very short walk from the airport cafe. The view on the Sky Ranch Lodge home page was the view we had from our room.

by cherylrf

Thanks Mike. Sounds like Enchantmane is a bit out of my price range but I plan to check out Sky Harbor. Thanks again!

by MikePinTucson

That would be Sky Ranch -- Sky Harbor is the Phoenix Airport. You could probably sleep there, but I doubt that the reviews would be very good.

Enchantments is out of our price range, too.

by cherylrf

Mike, You're right. Sky Harbor would just not be quite what I'm looking for! I think I really do need a get away and soon! Thanks for the good info and quick response.
CHeryl