Sunterra Ridge On Sedona Golf Resort

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

More about Sunterra Ridge On Sedona Golf Resort

Sedona Golf Resort

by joiwatani

Okay, here's another golf course in Sedona. This tip is basically to give golfers choices.

This golf course has a cozy clubhouse. It is about 15,000 square feet and with first class amenities.

It is a magnificent golf course because it has a very spectacular view! Also, they have great resort!

Exceeded all of my expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member denevemarie

What a wonderful vacation!

Sedona is beautiful and totally unexpected --- other than a few growing pains, road construction, and some minor traffic --- this is a very special place. The view from our 1 bedroom condo was magnificent, much more than we ever hoped for. The condo was spacious, comfortable, and well stocked with everything we needed. There was a pull-out sofa which we didn't use because it was just the two of us. For the two of us, the 1 bedroom condo was plenty big enough, but with 2 couples it might be cramped, considering the 1 bathroom. But for an additional child or single person, it might work. We heeded the advice of other Trip Advisor members and avoided the sales sharks at the club house. Other than a couple of phone calls offering us a free $75 Visa gift card for listening to their pitch, they left us alone. We avoided the concierge desk as well, just to be safe. A firm "No" was all that was needed with the phone calls.

The bed was very comfortable, which is important to this picky sleeper! The bathroom was surprisingly spacious with a large 3-person jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and plenty of counter space. There was a fireplace in the living area and a nice dining area as well. The kitchen was a workable size with full appliances and bar with 2 stools. Plates, flatware, pots/pans, coffee maker, dishwashing liquid, and paper products as well as a coffee starter set with powder creamer and sugar were conveniently provided.

The pool area had a bubbling spa, which was nice! One particular evening, we wanted to take a dip, but it was overrun with kids playing and laughing. We decided to walk to another private spa tucked away behind the trees for a nice soak. There are a couple of individual spas located on the property, as well as another pool area, so be sure to check out the property map for the locations, all within walking distance.

There is free internet access on two computers in the clubhouse, as well as a 24 hour work out room, pool table, comfortable chairs, t.v., games, and dvd's available for rental. Sunterra guests also have access to the Hilton amenities next door.

The town itself offers plenty of shops, boutiques, and artwork to explore. I had the best margarita of my life at a small mexican restaurant called Maria's, not far from the condo. There is a small grocery store just one block down from the condo. I was surprised to find the prices much higher than we are used to in Atlanta, so we decided to drive to East Sedona, to visit the Safeway grocery there, and found the prices and selection to be worth the drive.

If you're a golfer, the course is beautiful, although I didn't utilize it, I saw plenty of folks enjoying the course and magnificent views of the Red Rocks.

If you have the time, be sure to check out Jerome, a small community just outside Sedona. The drive is gorgeous and you'll be amazed at the view. The community itself has lots of small shops and boutiques, lots of art to look at.

Also, you might want to check out Montezuma's Castle, which we found quite fascinating. This is located in the Verde Valley, just south of Sedona.

Another place to explore is the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, constructed on the side of a Red Rock, less than a mile from the condo.

We took a couple of days to drive to Flagstaff/Grand Canyon and enjoyed it very much.

We had a wonderful time!!!!

great location

by TripAdvisor Member ratootie

We stayed here the week of 4/17. The condo was great, we had plenty of room as we had the whole condo (room and studio) for our family. Husband, myself, 14 & 13 year olds.

Staff was great for our needs, and yes we went on the tour for the free gift. Wasn't that bad, being a timeshare owner we were curious to see how this company runs their swap system. As long as you know what to expect and are firm with your answers there are no worries. Just ask yourself - is it worth your time to take the gift? Lots of times we skip it..

Trips:
Jerome: Very cool, kids loved it up on top the mountain. Being from Maine we are used to mountains, but this scenery will impress you! WOW! What a wild ride up to the top!

Grand Canyon: Our major place we didn't want to miss. I can't express the feeling of standing there on the rim! AMAZING! And.. what a great ride we had up there! Made a big loop (the way the tour goes) so we saw different scenery. Stopped in Flagstaff for breakfast and then again for dinner that night. Was a very full day we left by 7:30 am and returned around 9:30 pm. Even my teenagers were completely impressed by the "big hole"! Since we wanted to take our time we opted to go ourselves.

Hummer Tour: Instead of doing the Jeeps my kids wanted to do Hummers.. what a blast! Was pricey.. but heh.. we're on vacation! We did the Jeep Eater so we went an hour into the back country and had a BLAST! That was the kids favorite activity hands down! Unbelievable scenery and our tour guide was awesome.. very knowledgeable! Every question we asked him he had an answer. Took tons of pics that day!

Those are the highlights, I definitely recommed this area. The condo was nice, great location. Very different vacation for us (usually go to Orlando) and it was also very relaxing. There are not many scheduled activities here, but the pools are always available.

Beatiful, Clean & Feels Like Home

by TripAdvisor Member mirdonamy

I took a tour of this place, loved it so much that I bought a timeshare here! I stayed last March, for a week, and it was amazing. The kitchen was huge, the jacuzzi tub was huge, the bed and bedding was comfortable, the furniture was comfy, and the patio area was really great for breakfast!

The staff is very knowledgeable, and the parking is plentiful. I really don't have any complaints about the unit I stayed in other than the color of the bedding (which was not very modern in art pattern). Most hotels suffer from that, to appease people of all ages and styles.

I am so happy to be an owner here and I can't wait to visit again!

Good choice

by TripAdvisor Member benjyhur

Very nice facility. We had a one bedroom condo with large den and kitchen and huge bathroom with double jacuzzi. Surrounded by the Red Rocks and bordering a golf course, it is a gorgeous setting. Pool area was very nice with several whirlpools. Exercise room was more than adequate. Although it is a 10-15 minute drive into Sedona, there are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area.

Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member METAL1

I booked 2 one bedroom condos here for the first week of September. The property and room are very nice. The golf course is so relaxing.

The rooms are great. The kitchen is big with most things provided to cook with. The living room was big with a couch and 2 chairs and a balcony that also had chairs and and a table. The bedroom was nice with a king bed, tv, and ceiling fan. The bathroom was big with a seperate shower, 2 person whirlpool and a lot of mirrors. You can sometimes hear noise coming in from the lock off unit.

The property and views are beautiful. Words cannot describe the red rock here. Only 1 pool was open, but luckily it was the one with the best views. Everything was clean.

Be aware of the INTENSE sales pitch. The front desk sends you over to another desk to get a property map and then the sales pitch begins. Even when you say no, they will offfer more things to get you to come to the appointment. Even when we said no and left, we had 4 phone messages from them to come and get our "free" gifts. You would have to give them a $20 deposit and then sit through an hour and a half sales pitch. Really similar to an auto dealership salesman. No thanks!

Just ignore them and have a great stay! The property is about 15 minutes to Sedona and only a few minutes to Bell Rock. Sedona is amazing!

Sunterra Ridge at Sedona a Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lee061

My family and I visited this resort in mid to late September 2007. The resort was nice. The grounds were well kept. We had a view of the golf course, which as stated by others is right next door. I didn't play the course next door but it looks like a good course from what I could see. Mesa Country Club has a nine hole course that is priced reasonably and is about a short 10 minute drive (down Jack Canyon Dr) from the resort.

The accommodations in the resort were great, we had a two bedroom unit (1 bd Suite + Lock off) on the second floor. I believe that all bldgs are two stories and there are no elevators. The suite was spacious and accommodated my family of 5 just fine ( 2 adults and 3 kids) every thing in the room was clean and in working order. The one bedroom suite side bath has a jetted tub and a separate shower, the lock off side only had a shower which was fine for the boys.

The complaint that I have is that there were some minor issues with cleaning, my son found a couple of jelly beans beneath the mattress on the pull out sofa bed, also there were a couple of goldfish snacks under the TV and in some other areas, these were found on the first night that we were there. I know for a fact that housekeeping had visited the unit because we saw them coming out as we were preparing to go in. I think the cleaning staff should pay a bit more attention to the units. Also, the units have wireless Internet ($40 for the week) ,but we could only have one laptop online at a time(and we usually bring two), there is free wireless in the lobby, other than that. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The area is great for exploring and the front desk provided directions for a few scenic drives which were great. Also, I recommend doing the Pink Jeep Tour, we did the Broken Arrow tour and we had a blast, our tour guide's name was Terry and he was fantastic and earned himself a generous tip. One more thing, there is a significant amount of road work going on, so there could be a bit of traffic some days and some of the street signs were not posted. I am sure they will fix that.

Very nice stay at Sunterra Ridge

by TripAdvisor Member rodbeeson

We just returned from Sedona and Sunterra Ridge. This is a very nice property, clean and comfortable. We stayed in a 1st floor Studio.

The only complaint we have is the noise from our neighboring guests. The Studio is a lock off unit from a 2bdrm, so the only thing separating you from noisy neighbors is a door. The unit was otherwise nicely appointed and we were told they are in the process of renovating the property to upgrade the furniture, install tile and further soundproof the rooms.

The Ridge sits just east of Sedona itself, but has great views of the red rock formations Sedona is famous for. All the reasons for visiting Sedona are close enough by, but a rental car is necessary.

We also took a couple of days and went to the Grand Canyon, which was about 3 hrs leisurely driving taking the scenic route, and about 2.5 hrs back taking highways.

I also played a round of golf at the beautiful Sedona Golf Club course on-site and was awed by the views. The course itself was in GREAT shape and the carts have GPS, which is always a good thing, especially on an unfamiliar course. If you're not used to playing golf in higher elevations, the balls definitely fly further in thin air!

I guess the best overall thing I can say is my wife & I plan on returning to the property next year!

Beware of the timeshare tour

by TripAdvisor Member Boston25

We took the tour of the Sunterra time share program, and felt very pressured, despite the "no pressure" guarantee we were promised beforehand. It was supposed to take an hour and a half, but took over 3, with high-pressure tactics from reps, who basically wanted you to shell out at least $20k on the spot to be a deed holder (at their 13.9% interest rate) to buy points in their program. Reps bordered insulting, repeating the phrases, "well I guess you don't see the value, then" and "you're the only one we've seen who doesn't see the value in this," etc, as if we were crazy to not want to commit to such a huge investment right then and there. While the program might be nice for some, the tour definitely should be avoided, and wasn't worth the check they wrote to attend.

Okay Experience

by TripAdvisor Member VNL

We stayed in an efficiency. And this is okay if there is just one or two people but anymore than that and it will be crowded. The partial kitchen was a disappointment - offering only a refrigerator and microwave; not much more than some hotel rooms now provide. A hot plate or small cooktop would have been a big plus. The unit was very clean. Efficiencies are lock-offs from a multi bedroom unit. There is a locked door in between units and if you have a noisy neighbor it may be an annoyance as you can hear everything - dishes clinking, conversation and the television. The location of the resort is excellent if you golf. It is just shy of a major highway and convenient to town but you must drive everywhere. At check in you are forced to see the concierge (the sales rep) to get your parking pass and a subsequent sales pitch to attend a time share sales meeting. The "concierge" had a difficult time understanding that we weren't interested. I cannot comment on the swimming pool or golf as we did not partake. If you are in Sedona to enjoy the beauty, hiking and biking of the area and this is your priority than this is a fine resort to stay in but if you want accommodations that you plan to spend a good deal of time in you may want to research your options.

Comments