125 Kallof Place, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Like a statue... beautiful from a distance

My wife and I were actually quite set on staying at this location for a romantic getaway after reading the (mostly) good reviews and seeing the beautiful imagery on the websites. Although this is my first review on this site I will say that I have quite the background of writing reviews for many different kinds of mediums... it's rare that I even spend a moment to write something negative because I get to stay at so many amazing places that there is always something better to write about...

Unfortunately for us, and The Lodge at Sedona, I will never get to stay at their quaint little lodge nor will they get to receive a review from me... that hits a paper anyway. Maybe they think they have enough customers now, as they have a "livingsocial" deal still burning up the pages of the internet, so they don't feel the need to treat new or prospective customers with courtesy.

I picked up the phone to call in and see about making a reservation sometime surrounding my anniversary weekend. Someone picks up the phone and doesn't say anything... I am beginning to think I called the wrong number. Check the listing - yes it is correct. I begin to hear noises in the background almost as if someone were answering the phone from home while watching TV with a kid in their lap and had others running around them chasing a cat... odd noises to hear from the other side of the line which is supposed to be set at a serene lodge. Check the number again - because I mess up sometimes too - yes still correct.

Finally someone musters up some verbal communication and tells me they need to put me on hold... I say "Ok, yes certainly". Now I am on hold... and by the way it is not a pleasant hold that you use to actually KEEP people there from dropping, just an annoying beeping sound that left me wondering if I was transferred to voice mail or hung up on or... speaking to an alien? I decided to give the benefit of the doubt here and wait it out. The beeping ensues............ beep beep beep beep beep!

Finally I hear the not so pleasant voice come back. "Yes, hello?" So I being to tell her about WHY I am considering booking a room at the lodge (ie: anniversary) and that I had looked at others but thought the lodge appeared to be a nice place.... errrrrrrk! BAM! I was cut off before I could even begin telling her why I was looking... I hardly got a sentence out!? Usually if you say its an anniversary someone would say "we have some AMAZING views overlooking the courtyard and the suites on that side have a jaccuzzi tub and we can throw in a bottle of champagne if you'd like to make it an extra special weekend" NOPE - I get: "When ya wanna book!?" like I am wasting her time. So I try to repeat myself and thinking maybe if I mention the livingsocial deal online she will try to put on some polished front desk material attitude.... I mean they still have time left on their deal and want to sell as much as possible right? Well I also begin to tell about the weekend that I am considering booking and before I can finish my next kindly voiced attempt to actually communicate with her I am cut off once again, if course, and she firmly let me know that there was no way in hell I would be using a voucher even one day after the promotional value date had expired. (which coincidentally happened to be the weekend I was looking to visit... starting ONE DAY after the last day to begin a stay on your voucher)

At this time it became abundantly clear that if this is the way they are going to be treating PROSPECTIVE customer OVER THE PHONE and BEFORE they have even seen the joint in person then I would certainly hate to be someone staying at that place because at that point they already have your business and my guess by the way I was treated is that they would be pummeling you with attitude and snide remarks from the moment you arrive.

But, hey, there's TONS of good reviews so it must be awesome right.....!?

• A Very Unique & Sexy Inn in Sedona,AZ

Thank you for making every minute of my stay here warm and comfortable. This has been a great rejuvenation for me and I’m so glad that of all the choices of places to stay here in Sedona, I found this welcoming place, the Lodge at Sedona. Thanks for your hospitality and willingness to help.

Would highly Recommend this Hotel....Five Stars...Four Diamonds

Unique Quality: Fabulous Views of Red Rocks of Sedona

Healthy Breakfasts are included..

Directions: West Sedona off Hwy 89A

• A Great Stay in Sedona

Our stay was incredible. Great Breakfasts all included with many courses. Fabulous and Helpful Service was enjoyed...and the rooms are amazing...Thanks All

Unique Quality: Great views, and a wonderful location in the heart of Sedona

Directions: Coming from Phoenix or Hwy 17, the very best way to travel to Sedona is via Hwy 260 West exiting at Camp Verde, through to Cottonwood and then North to Sedona via Hwy 89A.

• A Great Place to Stay..

Wonderful Service, great staff and a very pretty property..Would definitely recommend..since it is so central and has great ammenities..

Unique Quality: Great design and offers everthing one may need..secluded and very spacious..

Directions: Close to Walgreens on HWY 89A

• Simply the Best in Sedona

Service was wonderful, always friendly and explained about the back roads//Would def recommend to all..

Unique Quality: Lovely rooms and hot tubs..

Directions: In the heart of West Sedona

• Simply the Best in Sedona

Unique Quality: Lovely rooms and hot tubs..

Directions: In the heart of West Sedona

• holligolytly's Profile Photo

A Peaceful and luxurious B&B

I would highly recommend the Lodge at Sedona. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the chef was excellent.

Unique Quality: Each cabin was unique and we stayed in the Star gazer which had a nice deck and outdoor shower (great for washing off the redrock dust or just for fun :) There was also a horseshoe playing area and a neat labyrinth to enjoy.

• Wonderful Location

Our stay was simply beautiful, thanks in part to your wonderful location and so-helpful staff!!

Thank you so much. We have already recommended your place to a friend who's traveling there next month..

Unique Quality: The decor was great...

Directions: West Sedona on 3 serene acres..........

• Very relaxing

I enjoyed a lot about my stay here. The breakfast was very tasty. The cookies and iced teas put out were very nice in the afternoons. They offered great advice on Sedona.

I stayed in the Copper Canyon Room which was lovely and had a small porch with a great vista of Sedona. I advise you to look at all the rooms online at their websites to choose. However, you should note that not all of the rooms have televisions. My sister wound up with a room without one on the second floor and wasn't happy with the fact that she had to trudge down to the lounge. The only other complaint that I would have is that they don't accept American Express.

Unique Quality: The views are spectacular, and it's set back off the road so you don't have the traffic from the main road. The rooms are all charming and unique, you definitely don't feel like you are in a chain hotel.

Everyone took great care of us!!!

• Wonerful Sedona Experience at the Lodge at Sedona

We cannot thank you enough for your help in making our wedding such a wonderful experience for everyone involved.
    We couldn’t have found a more perfect place to start our married life together. We can’t wait to return….
    Adrienne and Bryan Rasbach/Sharpe

Unique Quality: The Lodge and grounds were beautiful…the food was amazing and your staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The adjacent pools and Fitness Center helped us relax and enjoy the great ambiance.

Directions: A large estate property located in the heart of West Sedona. Peaceful, yet close to everything Sedona has to offer..

Comments