Village Inn Motel

Carr CreekCarr Creek

Kim Ba Woo's SignKim Ba Woo's Sign

Road to Sierra Vista

by kimmy9

Hi, In February we plan to visit Tucson and then drive up to Sierra Vista. I have a great fear of heights. Is the drive really steep? Thanks!

Re: Road to Sierra Vista

by Agraichen

I never noticed the drive to be steep, but that might be because I like the area. Here's a couple of URLs to review of the area.

It is a greate area to visit. The "high desert" can be quite beautiful in winter.

by kimmy9

Thanks for the quite reply and also for the helpful links. We can't wait to visit Arizona!

by kimmy9

Thanks, boring I can deal with, just no steep drops.

by Grazina

Not to worry, NO steep anywhere in that area. You'll just found yourself hours on the Highway to get there, and if you come up to Benson then you gone to far. My Ex-Brother-in-law lives there, so just to let you know it's not a tourist town...but Nogales is near that area and Tombstone about 30 or40 minutes away. Oh yes, this Sierra Vista i'm talking about.

Re: Road to Sierra Vista

by tricianna

the road to S. V. , is basically a slight uphill grade crossing a few canyons on the way. When you get to Benson it turns basically flat with a few rolling hills. No heights to worry about.

Travel Tips for Sierra Vista

The San Pedro River. East of...

by sargentjeff

The San Pedro River. East of Sierra Vista, this river is a great place to go hiking and get outdoors.
I've done some hiking around the San Pedro River. It's a beautiful area if you appreciate desert environments. The river gets rather small in the summer months, and you should always watch out for rattlesnakes. If you are traveling west/east between Sierra Vista and Tombstone or Bisbee, you will cross the San Pedro.

Murray Springs: Yucca Plant

by Basaic

Currently, one of the plants growing in this area is the Yucca. This plant is very useful and was long used as medicine sore joints and arthritis, shampoo, ropes, clothing, building materials and food.

Ramsey Canyon: Stop 12 Rock Strata

by Basaic

In these cliffs you can see different layers of rock called strata. These strata are like the pages of a book ane tell the story of the land in this area. Scientists can read these strata and tell how old the layers are, how they were formed, what life lived here at the time, and how the climate may have changed.

The Weather is Great All Year

by crifl

"My Sister's retirement Haven"

Our December visit was my fourth time to see my sister and brother-in-law. We love to go see them! Sierra Vista is a growing town in Arizona, just about 15 miles from the Mexican border. They are about 45 minutes from Tombstone, and other less notible ghost towns. They are also about an hour from Tuscon. This last visit was kind of spur of the moment; another great Southwest "Ding" fare. We were heading to Anahiem to meet Jane's mother, and about 3 weeks before the trip we had an opportunity to get a flight to Tuscon for less than our flight to LA. So we stopped by to visit my sister. We hit a couple of wineries this trip in (yes, there are wineries in Arizona!), and also visited the San Xavier Mission. We then drove to LAX to pick up Jane's Mom, with a stop in Laughlin (yea, we love casinos too)

Comments