The Buttes A Marriott Resort

2000 Westcourt Way, formerly Wyndham Buttes Resort, Tempe, Arizona, 85282, United States

The Buttes, A Marriott Resort
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• tempe

Older hotel, renovated, previous corporate owners. Attentive service. FEE, FEE,FEE and more fees for almost everything. Fees are the maximum uymost annoyances

Unique Quality: Good pool. Pricey restaurants with quite good food. Good rooms and beds, good handicap facilities.

More about The Buttes A Marriott Resort

Loved the Wyndham Buttes Resort

We loved our 4 day stay at Wyndham Buttes Resort in Tempe. The rooms are clean, views are spectacular, staff is very courteous, the architecture and grounds are unique and beautiful. This property is large and you feel as if you are out of the city. Will definitely stay there again.

loved the Wyndham Buttes

I don't travel often so I am always nervous about where I will be staying. I had my daughter check the Buttes out and she was just thrilled that I would be staying there (read 'she' would get to stay:) I read some reviews and encountered some negative comments regarding the rooms and traffic noise. I contacted the management before I left Alaska to request a room where the traffic noise would be a minimum. When I arrived, they informed me that there would be some construction going on as they renovated the pool and if the noise bothered me in the room I was assigned, they would move me. The room was large, well appointed and best of all, quiet. The staff responded quickly to both room service and my oddball requests. I was pleased with my stay and will be going back with my husband. I am sure that if the folks that had the negative experience there had contacted management, they would have been taken care of and well.

These colorful red buttes and...

by sharkie

These colorful red buttes and spires is rising hundreds of feet into the air. They are the last remnants of the sedimentary rock layers that once covered the entire region. Monument Valley is one of the most remarkable, beautiful and famous landscapes in the world. Often used as a stunning background for western films

Great value and lovely pools!

by TripAdvisor Member jen227

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a 4 night getaway (Wednesday through Sunday). We arrived very early and the staff was able to get us a room before noon (which is only their check-out time). The pools are very nice (w/ waterslide!) and the grounds are well kept.
As well, the rooms are clean, spacious (loved the king sized bed!) and include a large shower and closet area. The complimentary toiletries are very nice too from the "golden door" spa.
I would very much recommend the Buttes.. especially if you can priceline a good deal like we did (about $69 a night incl. tax - that was hot summer season though). The only downsides were the incredibly busy poolside due to the 4th of July weekend and the proximity to the freeway. There was definitely a traffic drone but it was not bad at all and didn't cause any problems. Over all, a great hotel for the price especially when the Motel 6's in the area are going for about $50 bucks!!

disappointed

The pool, restaurant and view are the only thing that make this hotel property attractive. The rooms are loud and too close to the parking lot. We were awoken by car alarms going off at 2:00 am and people slamming doors throughout the night. The walls are also paper thin. I would not recommended this hotel to anyone. In fact, I would strongly discourage it.

NOT WORTH IT!

Great location, slightly run down rooms. The most annoying thing is that you have to use your room key to get into key single part of the hotel - even the ice room! The rooms are loud - you can hear every single person walking by, talking in the hallways and closing their doors. This is definitely not a luxary property. I stayed here for work but I would never pay to stay in this hotel. Again, great location but it's not worth it for the price...lots of other properties in the area that are worth it!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member krazymad

I visited this hotel back in August 2004. The amenities (2 pools, multiple hot tubs, its hill top location) are all really nice. The rooms are ok in size, but the beds are just twin size. There is a cemetary right next to the hotel's driveway, but its hidden by trees. Their "city view" rooms are either a view of the freeway (about 300 ft. away) or for a few unfortunate rooms, the cemetary. Besure to ask for a poolside or pool view room.

Room service is ok, but my tray sat outside my door for at least 20 hours.
I paid $109 a night, but had a $50 a day food and beverage credit (from Hotels). Really enjoyed their pools, waterfalls and hot tubs. I'd stay again for $109 a night.

Wanted to like it more

Got to the hotel at noon, check in at 3 so we spent the afternoon by the pool. The pool area and outdoor bar/grill is great, but that and the view are the only things above average at this property. The rooms are Holiday Inn quality, the beds are uncomfortable, the walls are paper thin. There are much better ways to spend 240-275 a night than this. Don't get lured into the Top of the Rock. Food was mediocre at best and disappointing when you look at the prices. Keep in mind expenses are not my priority when I vacation and I felt ripped off given the lack of service by anyone except Roy & Steve at the outdoor grill.

Buttes near SedonaButtes near Sedona

Red stone buttesRed stone buttes

My first buttes – sandstone ones outside SedonaMy first buttes – sandstone ones outside Sedona

Looking for some travel advise Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park AZ

by acbilocca

I will be soon taking a trip to wonderful Arizona and the above spot will be one of the places I am planning to spend a couple of days at. I would love to do a 3-4 hour horse back ride into the area but I am seeing most of those start in Utah. Since I am staying Kayenta I was wondering if any one had any suggestions or recomendations? Also is there anything I should just not miss? Thanks! Annie

by vtveen

Monument Valley Tribal Park lies on the border between Utah and Arizona; that is why you may find tours starting in Utah. I also would recommend driving (guided or with your own car) the Valley Drive.
In my opinion you don't need to stay longer than one day at Monument Valley.

For more info see:

happy travels
Jaap

by jumpingnorman

We just stayed in Kayenta three weeks ago - there are 3 hotels there and we stayed at the Best western which was okay...I think the other one is the Hampton Inn (?) and that is a newer hotel. It is only just less than twenty minutes from Kayenta to Monument Valley and the panorama is just absolutely gorgeous...they do have a new hotel right on the MV itself called THE VIEW and I think it is about $195 a night...be sure to go in it because it has an amazing view of the buttes...the gift shop is a bit expensive though, and the Visitor Center is stil under renovation...I have made some tips on MV and my good friend VTer Yaqui also has excellent pages on it - as well as several VTers who have been there. Thanks for visiting our state --- Norman :)

by acprincess

You can book horseback rides when you get to Monument Valley. There's a makeshift booth right there by the parking lot. It's not far from Kayenta, and it's one of the great places in the world to go for a ride.

by kathymof

You will find some other interesting places to visit in the region: Mesa Verde national Park, Navajo National Monument and Aztec National Monument. I would certainly attempt to make it to Mesa Verde. As suggested above, one day/night in Monument Valley is probably enough.

Comments