Twin Palms Hotel

225 East Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, 85282, United States

• Bed Bug Haven

The person that stated this hotel has no bedbugs is probably a company owner or employees asked to write. US Airways puts it's crews here and has received over 1000 complaints in one year. Pictures have been taken and documented. There is mold, mildew, grime and grit everywhere. The furniture looks like something in a 1950-60's funeral home. There are bird cages in the lobby and smelly dogs allowed to roam free in the lobby. This place is unsanitary and should be closed down. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Twin Palms

The staff is very friendly. However the rooms could stand a face lift. I came into contact with bed bugs at this hotel. This is nothing I heard, but I experience. I checked my bed, mattress, and room and did not find anything. Apparently I miss something maybe from the carpet, spread, or furniture.
    They hotel is pet friendly I like pets, but in a place of business it should be kept to a minimal. Animals are not humans.
    Just be very watchful at any hotel.

Unique Quality: The staff is very pleasant.

• Rumors!!

The rumors of bedbugs are absolutely NOT true. Employees of a certain hometown airline that merged with an east-coast company have been posting untrue statements regarding this hotel because they want to get a new hotel contract. Instead of being "adult" about the situation, these ladies and gentlemen make disgusting messes, rip Twin Palms' expensive pillows to shreds, and post nasty comments all over the place. The manager of Twin Palms is extremely kind, accomodating, and detail-oriented. This hotel is family and pet-friendly, super cute and convenient, and I will stay there every time I have the opportunity.

Unique Quality: Beautiful exotic birds and a friendly staff.

Directions: Across from Arizona State University

• Gross

I have to stay here because it is the hotel my work provides. It can only describe it as dingy. They have birds in the lobby, kind of weird. The rooms are dated and the carpets are dirty. The pool could be nice, but it was also dirty and the pool furniture was dirty. There are rumors of bed bugs..... they are currently renovating. I asked last time I stayed there for a renovated room and was told all the mattresses on the 6th and 7th floors have been replaced. I always check my mattress for bed bugs and although I found no bed bugs I did find that the hotel had lied to me. My room on the 6th floor had a very old ripped mattress. Overall feeling of hotel is skeezy. The only improvement in my "renovated" 6th floor room was a flat screen TV. This is good if you want a hotel room to watch TV but I tend to want to sleep comfortably in a clean room.

• EllenH's Profile Photo

Across the street from ASU

We chose this hotel when we went for my sons college orientation because it is right across the street from the college and has an free airport shuttle.
    The rooms were pretty, the only complaint I had was right off of the elevator was a constant air freshener thing that was nauseating. The staff was not overly friendly but they were bearable. I would stay here again because of its convenience to ASU.

Unique Quality: It was hot, 90 degrees in April and they had a very nice swimming pool.

Comments