Extended Stay America

Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road
Expedia.com Ext. Stay America Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Tucson

Bisbee, Arizona - 82 miles southeast of TucsonBisbee, Arizona - 82 miles southeast of Tucson

VanguardVanguard

Jaguar JunctionJaguar Junction

Butterfly GardenButterfly Garden

European Soccer on TV - Tucson

by kop-queen

I know I will be on a holiday of a lifetime but my football (sorry Soccer) team has just got through to the European Champions League Semi stage and both legs get played while I'm away. I know there are bars that show UK soccer matches in New York and Florida but what about Tucson or the vicinity? How can I find out?

KQ

by YVRDave

www.soccerbars.com

by paparullo

just find out where the spanish community lives in Tucson,every one loves soccer...me too and i can understand you.-
good luck from Argentina

Thanks guys

Not sure now whether I'm more nervous about the holiday or the match!

Come on you Reds!
YNWA

by meck38

ESPN2
April 27, 2005 2:30 pm EST (LIVE)
UEFA Champions League
Chelsea FC vs. Liverpool
Stamford Bridge (Chelsea) London, England

ESPN2
May 3, 2005 2:30 pm EST (LIVE)
UEFA Champions League
Liverpool vs. Chelsea FC
Anfield Stadium (Liverpool) Liverpool, England

I think Tucson is on Pacific time at this time of the year, so just substract three hours from the timings above. ESPN 2 should be available on any TV with cable subscriptions. Enjoy!

GO BLUES! :P

Thanks Katy

may the best team win!

by edith626

hey,
i don't know much about the soccer- sorry, but it can be hot and dry here ( i live in tucson) make sure you always carry watter and sun screen. if you need ideas where to go and see around, let me know,
edith

by kop-queen

Thanks to all of you who responded to this post. I found a "Famous Sam's" sports bar in Tucson for the first leg (0-0) but was isolated on a ranch miles from anywhere for the 2nd leg so had to rely on text updates by PC (no sound card installed otherwise I could have listened on the web). I wouldn't recommend this method to anyone as it was the worst 90 minutes of my life, everytime the screen blanked for a refresh I stopped breathing!

But it was worth it in the end as Liverpool won the second leg 1-0 and now are through to the final in Istanbul on May 25th. My travel budget however is well spent so I won't be adding Turkey to my travel pages this year but hopefully my husband will be going.

Come on you Reds - you can do it again.

Travel Tips for Tucson

ASDM - Hours!

by matcrazy1

Arisona Sonora Desert Museum is open daily, including all holidays! That's OK.

They open quite early, at 7:30 am but they close too early in my opinion: at 5:00 am - loooong before sunset! WHY?
More: when I was there they finished to sell tickets at 4:00 pm. A park ranger said that one needs at least 1 hour to visit the museum. To be honest you need 2-3 hours to visit it.

El Tour de Tucson

by ms_molly

El Tour de Tucson is a great event to cycle. I have done it twice and love it. (Although the last time I ended up in the hospital.) It is always the weekend before Thanksgiving (which is always the fourth Thursday in Nov. in the USA). The ride/race has three distances: 109 miles, 67 miles, and 33 miles. It is a charity event. The weather is typically pretty mild, not "mind-frying" hot like the summers in Tucson. However, it is EXCEPTIONALLY dry...so be sure to drink enough water and take in some form of sodium too. The route is not very hilly either, so it is a great place to do your first "century ride." The only drawback is it has become pretty popular..like 4,500 people popular! So prepare yourself for wrecks in the beginning. (My moto: road rash is sexy!)

If you are interested, more information at www.pbaa.com I always take my bike with me on the plane. I found a crate online to pack it in that works very well. The airlines typically chard $75 to take it with you. I don't mind because I really cannot see myself riding a rental or something.

CATALINA STATE PARK

by zuriga

Catalina State Park is a wonderful place for hiking. It's north of Tucson off of Oracle Road about 12 miles north of downtown Tucson. There are camping facilities and miles of trails. Oracle State Park is just a bit to the north -two miles past the Biosphere. The trails are fairly simple but beautiful.

Mexico City Cuisine

by lamentforicarus about La Parrilla Suiza

While Tucson is infamous for its plethora of Sonoran-style Mexican restaurants serving up tasty "on the border" food, La Parrilla Suiza offers something a little different. Its Mexico City-style menu offers chilango (native to Mexico city) cuisine featuring pastel de elote (similar to corn masa topped with melted cheese and serrano chiles), chilaquile (chips covered in cheese and tomato sauce), and several kinds of mole (a spicy sauce made from chocolate). The desert menu is equally exotic, and includes the caramel-covered sopapillas (fried ice cream).

La Parrilla Suiza offers many of the same plates as other Mexican restaurants (burritos, fijitas, and tacos) as well as something extra seen nowhere else in Tucson, making it a pleasent alternative to the dozens of other places with identical menus.

off the beaten track

by blueskyjohn about El Guero Canelo

This is a road side stand very popular with the locals if you can find it. The food is very good! Only outdoor seeting is available on picnic tables. Try the mexican hotdogs! A hotdog wrapped in beacon with salsa, mayo, mustard, chili and chese!

Comments