Flamingo Hotel

1300 North Stone Avenue, (Formerly Travelodge Flamingo), Tucson, Arizona, 85705, United States
Quality Inn Flamingo
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Quality Inn

More about Tucson

Breakfast on the Open Range (2009)Breakfast on the Open Range (2009)

B58 HustlerB58 Hustler

ElephantsElephants

Veteran's MonumentVeteran's Monument

Hi Tucson

by fm9812

Hi Friends,
I am from Turkey, Fatih. I am going to be a student in the University of Arizona about one month later. I hope that I improve my english.
I am looking for a friend to help me in Tucson. because I haven't been there, I don't know anything. Could you help me?
we may be good friends.
See you in Tucson.

RE: Hi Tucson

by bocmaxima

It's very dry and very hot, but an extremely friendly and open-minded town.
Let me know if you have any questions about anything specific.

Hi

by fm9812

Thanks you for your attention.
Could you advise Where I can stay there.
I will stay there about two month.

RE: RE: Hi Tucson

by bocmaxima

You'll probably want to stay near campus. There are lots of apartments nearby that go for fairly cheap, unless you're really picky about where you stay.
The 2 months will make it more difficult for you because most want you in there at least 3 months.
A good place to start looking (and calling) is the Tucson Weekly's classifieds: http://classifieds.tucsonweekly.com/index.cfm?searchOnlineCategoryID=384&searchOnlineSectionID=3358
Or, especially, the Daily Wildcat's (UA paper) classifieds: http://classifieds.arizona.edu/index.php?section=0505

hth

Travel Tips for Tucson

Trail Dust Town

by jedd43

Trail Dust Town
6541 E Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ
296-4551 . Trail Dust Town was fun. It was dark when I was there so my pics aren't the greatest but I'll add a few in a travelogue. Here is one of me with...ehem...John ;o}
I took so many photos in Arizona, I'm still going through them all and having some wonderful memories.

Mexican flag?

by matcrazy1

I noticed this flag as on my picture in front of Arizona Sonora Desert Museum (ASDM). As I know, it's a national flag of Mexico.

Why did they put it there? Maybe because of the fact that the Sonoran Desert covers northwest part of Mexico as well.

Awe...

by mht_in_la

Here's a closeup view of the McMath-Pierce telescope. If you think it's grand, imagine this is just a small portion of the whole thing. Another 300 feet of the structure are underground. It's designed this way in order to keep the air temperature inside the path even to prevent any distortion of the solar image.

Center lane

by matcrazy1

Wear good glasses, enlarge my picture and look at this strange (for me ;-) traffic signs with left-bended arrows. It's written "center lane" above and "only" below the arrows. So, center lane on a street is designated ONLY for left turn traffic. It does mean that this center lane is for both directions but exclusively for vehicles which are going to turn left ----> don't drive this lane otherwise. Is it clear?

try everything on this menu

by dchafetz about La Candela

Fabulous Peruvian restaurant. Very fine cuisine in my opinion. Not too popular, perhaps because it's a bit pricey for Tucson, but the food is fabulous. Because it's not too popular, you won't wait long for your orders. Even if this restaurant were in Miami or NYC where there are many Peruvian restaurants, I would still recommend it, it is that good. The owner is fun to chat with as well. try everything, I have!!! Try the things made with passion fruit. try the coffee, fabulous.

Comments