1375 West Grant Road, Tucson, Arizona, 85745, United States
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Tucson

Steaks on the BBQ (2009)Steaks on the BBQ (2009)

C-141 StarlifterC-141 Starlifter

GiraffeGiraffe

Duck With a DooDuck With a Doo

Douglas shuttle

by Alisonpj

Hi
My parents are staying in Tucson next March and are looking for transport to me us in Tombstone. I've heard there's a Douglas Super Shuttle that goes from Tucson to Douglas and stops in Tombstone. The phone number in various listings doesn't seem to have anyone who speaks English answering and my parents are trying to find out:
1. Where in Tucson does it go from?
2. What is the schedule (on a Sunday morning) and how long does it take?
3. How much it is?
4. Do they need to book or just turn up?

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Re: Douglas shuttle

by bocmaxima

It's on South 6th Ave near I-10. It should be in those listings.
Don't know your other answers though. Either get someone who speaks Spanish to call in and book it for you, or just go down there yourself because there's probably someone. Personally, I've never come across a point in Tucson where at least one person didn't speak at least enough English to get by.

Re: Douglas shuttle

by blackcab

Hi my name is Jennifer and I saw your post for a ride to Douglas next March. I am in the process of starting a Taxi service in Tucson with a London Taxi. Keep in touch and we should be up and running by March. My myspace user is blackcaboftucson

Thanks so much

Jennifer

Travel Tips for Tucson

Go to the Desert Museum. This...

by Jonurse

Go to the Desert Museum. This is really a zoo/nature preserve. It has a fantastic hummingbird exhibit, and it has Coatis..and you will only find them down here! The staff are friendly and knowledgable, and it really is the easiest way to see real desert wildlife up close..but don't go when it's 100 degrees out..there is an awful lot of walking! My fiance propsed to me here..I made my first 'American friend' here. When I am not here I miss the sunshine, and the birds..

Street names - Tucson chaos?

by matcrazy1

In many (but not all) American modern cities, including Tucson, streets are named by numbers: there is 1st, 2nd, 3rd STREET etc. etc. till sometimes 200th or more. I wonder in which American city is the largest number street hehe (1000th?).

FROM my friend Palo_Verde:
The street where I work is 20480th Street -:))

Usually streets are parallel to each other. Avenues are perpendicular to streets and named the same way: 1st, 2nd AVENUE etc.
Usually the main streets/avenues are those of lower numbers (often 1st street/avenue). In many cities (especially in smaller towns) they name the main street just Main Street.

In bigger cities including Tucson (800,000 citizens in the area) the streets/avenues sometimes are numbered seperately west/east or north/south of the one (main) street/avenue and distnguished by added "direction" letter: N/S or W/E (north/south or west/east). So you can find: 22nd W Street (22nd W St.) and 22nd E Street - be careful (= read the address correctly) they are surely not close one to each other.

In TUCSON there is some chaos with numbering streets. There are streets and avenues with "normal names" among streets numbered as described above. Hmm... a little chaotic and funny. Am I wrong?

The most beautiful palm trees

by matcrazy1

Look at my picture, please. I like exactly such palm trees most. Don't you? There are not many of them there. Less than I could see in Spain, Italy or Greece. No wonder, it's a desert area.

Hmm... when I see such palm trees (on TV, webpages or... botanical gardens in Poland) I always dream about next travels - quite relaxing thoughts.

FLy to Phoenix or Tucson. You...

by Jonurse

FLy to Phoenix or Tucson. You definately need a car to get around..
The traffic is gradually increasing, and I have to be honest some of the worst drivers on the planet are here..so be careful! The bus service is okay, but it doesn't go everywhere. Cabs are pretty good, although they can be pricey.

Delicious coffee and live music

by matcrazy1 about ITL Coffee Shop

It's a little strange place :-) - rather for young folks (15-20yo). Delicious coffee, cold beverages. Add live music in the evenings, mainly on weekends. It seems that they play music like house, jungle , hip hop. If you like it...

There were a few young musicians playing/excercising in the backside of a property when I was there.
Cafe au lait (coffee with milk) and capuccino. Inexpensive.

Comments