Hilton El Conquistador Resort and Country Club

10000 N Oracle Rd, (formerly Sheraton El Conquistador Resort), Tucson, Arizona, 85737, United States

Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Great Resort with a great golf course!

Been here many times, and mostly remember the pleasant staff, beautiful view of the mountains and the fun golf courses. Highly recommend this from late October through April. There are a number of options for tucson golf resorts and this is not the best, but I would put it around fifth. Pricing on some of the others may lead you here.

Unique Quality: Unique Eastern view of mountains.

Directions: Take I 10 to Ina and go north on Oracle Road.

• tetonski1's Profile Photo

A Wonderful Resort!

This place is like a little oasis. The beautiful Santa Catalina Mountains are the backdrop you gaze upon while dining poolside. You must try their signature prickly pear margaritas.

It also is minutes away from the airport, downtown, the University of Arizona and almost every place in Tucson.

Unique Quality: They have large pools and a waterpark with slides. They also have great championship golf courses. Hiking trails into the foothills are near, and the concierge is very friendly. Staff happily takes care of your every wish.

They also have a kids summer camp to keep them happy and busy while you relax. And there are activities galore from "Dive In" movies at night to whale races, water scavenger hunts, water balloon tosses, basketball shootouts and volleyball games. They've got it all!

Directions: From Tucson International Airport follow I-10 West to Ina Road. Turn right on Ina Rd. and travel east for about 5.3 miles to Oracle Road. Turn left onto Oracle and continue 2.5 miles to El Conquistador Way. Turn right and the Resort's on your right.

• ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

The good, bad and the ugly

I lived in Tucson from 1979-1987, so I do remember this hotel when it was first built. Back then, it really was at the outskirts of the city, with little development around it. Things are a lot different today.

The grounds are still beautiful and you can play tennis and golf, or hike around and explore.

My room was dated, and the gaps in the door were way too big for my liking. The carpet was really dirty. On the plus side, the beds were great, with nice sheets and plenty of soft pillows.

Housekeepeers said nothing when we waved hello. Rest of the staff were college kids.

Unique Quality: There are 3 pools; one for little kids with water features, the next with a nice slide and the last main pool for everyone. My little ones played in the kid pool for hours and even the older kids liked it. My 9 year old son tired of the water slide after 15 trips.

The food was really average. The "fresh" fruit on the breakfast buffet was terrible, and there wasn't a great selection. Really below par.

One last thing. Watch the pricing for these "Bounceback" specials Hilton offers. The difference bewtween a regular room and the "special" (a free breakfast) is absurd. I accidently booked one adult and it was $125 a night with breakfast. At check-in,. I told them it was supposed to be two adults, and he said the rate would then be $169 per night. What? A $14 credit at breakfast and I pay $44 more per night? I may have been born...but not yesterday. Do your homework with these "specials"!!! I complained and got it for $99 a night by the way.

Bounce this Hilton!

More about Hilton El Conquistador Resort and Country Club

Loved every minute

by TripAdvisor Member WJTaylor

If your looking for somewhere to stay in Tucson area stop looking.

Brilliant, fab, super, outstanding....get the message?! All at fantastic summer rates. We'll be back next year for sure.

The only complaints on this website seem to be about lack of free parking (well we parked for free without any problem) and cost of food/drinks (well eat outside on Oracle Rd...you don't have to eat in the hotel and not many people do). Incidently...we didn't think the food/drink prices were bad anyway considering the nature of the surroundings - $5 for a beer with a superb evening view?

Best hotel of our vacation by far...and we stayed in some good ones.

Great and updated

by TripAdvisor Member dp2me

Stayed here about 5 years ago when it was a Sheraton property - and was old and not impressive - took my chances on the new Hilton owned property, and wow - great. Rooms were homey - nice fabrics, accessories, pictures, etc. Comfortable place. Seemed very clean and taken care of. Nice job Hilton.

Not worth the price!

We stayed one night so I can't say we were able to enjoy the amenities. The beds were comfortable although not nearly as nice as the beds at the JW Marriot in Summerlin. The bathroom not much better than something you would find at a Motel 6. There wasn’t the slightest hint of luxury in this room. There was only one sink so it was a hassle getting dressed. Most luxury hotels have at least two sinks and even one outside the shower area as well. I was appalled the bath was equipped with a tub w/ a dirty shower curtain! I usually don’t stay at luxury hotels that use shower curtains. The Fitness center was conveniently located although not elaborate. The lobby was lovely and the grounds were beautiful. The room was small, dirty and overpriced. The pool was the biggest disappointment because I expected a bigger water slide. I walked around the pool several times and eventually found it because it was so small. I certainly wouldn’t pay extra for it! I wouldn’t want to spend any more than $79 a night and most definitely wouldn’t want to pay more for use of the water slide!

SO SO but what to expect in Tucson

A long drive to this place and when you get there you wonder why you did it. It is nice and all but really not a destination type of resort. Don't stay here when the business is slow. It seems like they are cutting back on everything to save a couple more dollars. We did not get all we expected. The pool facilities were not open as promised. The front desk tried but it took forever to get into our room. We were told that they had no clean rooms, and they were not even busy. Overall if I won a trip to come back I might, next time I will go to Vegas Baby!

Very attentive and accommodating staff

Lovely resort with exceptional staff (they could not have been more accommodating. Every special need was attended to cheerfully). Large rooms, OK baths, excellent fitness center. If you are looking for the Four Seasons, you've come to the wrong place. But if you are looking for a pretty, comfortable, and welcoming place, this will fit the bill.

Good experience

by TripAdvisor Member HH_Trav

Stayed at this hotel in December. Overall it was a great experience. Hotel stands on beautiful grounds. My Hilton Honors status upgraded me to a Casita room. It was fantastic - extremely spacious and modern. Great bed and bathroom. Personal patio provided my own view to the mountains. Ate at the pool once and had breakfast at the hotel daily. Ate dinner at Dos Lacos twice. Food at all three restaurants was very good --- expensive, but this is to be expected. The staff was extremely friendly. My only complaints were that the maid service was irregular (bed was not turned down one night and even though I filled out a card stating that I wanted my room serviced in the afternoon, the maid came running after me when I left the room one monring and asked if it was OK to clean the room then) and that the concierge seemed put off when I asked what to do in the area on a rainy day. I would definitely stay here again.

Little Value Here

by TripAdvisor Member Stompper

I am a Diamond VIP member at Hilton meaning I stay more than 60 nights or 28 stays at Hilton Hotels. This hotel did not meet my expectations, nor the expectations set out by the Hilton Hhonors program.
The staff I met, other than those at the restaurant at breakfast, were not professional and did not fit with my expectations based on the cost of my stay. They did not satisfactorily deal with the many problems that arose during my short stay.
The hotel has a 3 days cancellation policy. I have never come across a Hilton Hotel with such a policy. When I tried to cancel just after the 3 day limit (because of what I had read on several internet hotel review sites), the person refused to allow me to cancel and refused to allow me to speak with a manager to help me to cancel. Although I was in the wrong based on their policy, she did make an exception and cancel a weeks stay, but wanted to have me pay a $200 penalty. She told me she was doing me a favor by allowing me to stay one night and not raising the price, and insinuated I should not complain too much or she could do worse. I accepted her offer and stayed a night rather than just give them my money. I was forced to stay one night, but felt fortunate it was not longer.
I was told that of all the suites at the Hotel, only two were not out of commission and they were taken. I was told, all of the other suites had been damaged by rain.
Restaurants were not open during the times stated on the Hilton web site. If you happen to arrive late and the 40 minute drive from the airport gets you in close to 11 PM, your only meal choice is from 4 cold items including a $10 turkey wrap.
We drove around at night in a dimly lit parking area to find the room and lugged our bags to the room ourselves.
My wife described the smell of the hotel hallways as a dirty old age home. The rooms were aged and mine had an air-conditioning system from the early 70’s with push buttons on the wall for the temperature. It did not work well. However, opening the sliding doors allowed in fresh cool desert air which was refreshing.
There were three pillows on the beds and three bath towels in the small bathroom. This meant that one of us got a wet towel in the morning. The bed was comfortable and the linens were very high quality. There was a cigarette burn in the carpeting of this nonsmoking room. There was no refrigerator or microwave. There were two bottles of water marked at $4.00 each not including service charges and tips. They used the standard Hilton soaps and Neutrogena Shampoos.
The hotel offered WIFI at about $10/day.
Breakfast for two, and eggs entrée, a pancake entrée and fruit cost $40 with tip. It was good, but not as good as IHOP. The restaurant was beautiful and the staff was very attentive and gracious.
I spent the rest of the week at the Hilton East in Tucson. The level of service, and the quality of the rooms and hotel was so much better and at a much lower price at the Hilton East. The East Hotel is also closer to town, but it does not have golf courses. The Hilton East is a much better Value in comparison.
To date, the El Conquistador staff has not responded to the problems I encountered even after complaints to the Diamond VIP desk at Hilton. This should clue you in to how they may respond to you if you have problems at this Hotel. Don’t take the risk of having your stay in Tucson ruined by this hotel.

Tucson-GC-Sedona-Phoenix Trip

by shorty68

"Fun in the sun"

We went to Arizona for some day hikes.

Trip itinery:

Mission San Xavier
Kitt Peak National Observatory
Tombstone

Day 4:
Sabino Canyon (tram ride)
Bear Canyon (Seven Falls Hike)
Drive to Flagstaff
Fairfield Inn (Flagstaff)

Day 5:
Drive to Grand Canyon
Bright Angel Trail Hike
Grand Hotel (Tusayan)

Day 6:
Drive around rim of canyon
Drive through Oak Creek
Drive up Schnebly Rd and hike from Cow Pies trailhead
Sky Ranch Lodge (Sedona)

Day 7:
West Fork hike
Red Rock State Park
Dinner at Enchantment (Boynton Canyon)
Sky Ranch Lodge (Sedona)

Day 8:
Pink Jeep tour (Broken Arrow)
Drive around Boynton Canyon
Drive to Jerome to look at the stores
Drive to Phoenix
Doubletree Guest Suites (Phoenix)

Day 9:
Drive to Scottsdale
Old Town
Arts district
Dinner: Tortilla Factory
Doubletree Guest Suites (Phoenix)

Day 10: