I stayed here for two nights in early 2004 when I was changing apartments.
I paid about $50/night, which is typical based on what I've seen from during the busy season (Oct - Mar). I now live about three blocks from this hotel, so I always have a clear eye on what's going on there.
- The in-room high-speed internet connection was great.
- The free breakfast both mornings was wonderful, and not just toast and bad OJ.
- The hotel is very conveniently located near I-10, but on a quieter, side street. You can easily walk to Downtown, but it's not advisable after dark while alone. Other times or accompanied is fine.
- You can't see it from the outside, but the courtyard grounds consist of a wide-open, plaza-like area with the pool and many palm and shade trees.
- Huge room and a very comfortable bed.
- Very reasonably-priced (the only cheaper places are on the interstate)
- They used to offer a free drink at the bar to guests and had events like barbecues and karaoke nights. I'm not sure if they still do that.
- This is an old hotel, and although the re-modeling had already passed my room and area, there were still many signs of the old structure inside.
- If you're going to the UA from this hotel (it's about 2 miles away), take the UA shuttle on the weekdays. You're supposed to have a pass, but you can walk up to back of the USA Building (strange looking building on Sixth Street just east of Granada) and take the free USA Shuttle to campus. If you catch it anywhere else in the area, you will have to show a pass or a UA ID.
Unique Quality: A beautiful courtyard and lobby, great breakfast and an unbeatable location.
Directions: Saint Mary's/Sixth Street@Granada Avenue, one block east of I-10 (westbound exit Congress Street, eastbound exit Speedway Boulevard)
7000 North Resort Drive, Tucson
14301 East Speedway Blvd., Tucson
3800 East Sunrise Drive, Tucson
9251 West Twin Peaks Road, Tucson
Latest Tucson hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 475 North Granada Avenue, Tucson, Arizona, 85701, United States