La Quinta Tucson East

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 23% less but rated 24% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

• Worst stay EVER!!!

I thought I would upgrade from my usual Motel 6 stays. Boy, was I wrong! For $25 more per night, I got the same accommodations and highly undesirable treatment from the front desk crew. Lodge a complaint and they accuse you of being at fault - they simply do not care! For 2 occupants, they give you 1 wash rag, 1 bar of soap, 1 tiny bottle of shampoo and 1 itty-bitty trash can without a liner. You fall asleep on the edge of the bed, then wake up in the middle, as if you were sucked into a bottomless pit!

If you make reservations online, forget about "special instructions" making it to the front desk. I ordered a 2-queen, smoking room. My partner and I have bad backs. We were given a room on the second floor, a mile away from parking. After carrying 4 pieces of luggage up the steps and to the room, we discovered there were no ashtrays. We asked the housekeeper - next door - who told us the room was non-smoking. She called the front desk, then informed us we needed to carry all our luggage back down to the front desk to be re-assigned, (we had just arrived from a 7 hour drive!). I was not a happy camper. We were re-assigned a room on the other side of the building on the 2nd floor, a mile away from the closest stairway!

And then, the General Manager called me after I complained to La Quinta Corporate. Rather than be apologetic, he was ruder than his front desk personnel. I wouldn't stay here again if the room was free. The accommodations and service would probably be better in Afghanistan!

No more La Quinta for me. I'll "upgrade" to Motel 6 and save a little cash and a lot of frustration!

Unique Quality: Highly unfriendly staff, from the General Manager to the front desk crew!

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Nice and Comfy

As part of a national chain, this hotel is certainly one of the better properties. Its rooms are comfortable, the staff friendly and willing to assist. Many of the rooms face the pool area and many have a small verandah to relax in. Cable service is available and internet hookup is available as well for those with a laptop. I recommend this hotel because of the location and the very resonable rates. Many good restaurants are nearby and continental breakfast is included.

Unique Quality: Pool is not large, but is fine for a couple of laps or just a means of cooling down in the desert heat. In addition, there is a hot tub which is a delight.

Comments