2727 West Club Drive, Tucson, Arizona, 85742, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Tucson Omni National Golf Resort

This is one of my favorite places in Tucson, especially for special events, lounging by the pool or playing Golf. I think this is the best price luxury hotel in town. The casitas away from the main building are lovely, and the food at the restaurant is to die for. This is probably the closest luxury hotel to I-10 and is kind of strangely located in the middle of the north west part of the valley. It used to be way out of town but is now kind of in the middle of things. Probably not the best choice if you want a view of the city or to be nestled right in the mountains, but for a golf retreat in the middle of winter this place can't be beat.

Unique Quality: Near I-10

Directions: Get off of I10 on Cotaro Farms Rd. Then a left (North) on Shannon Rd.

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Great Value

Have stayed here multiple times and just love the feel of South West influence combined with modern luxury. Great place to stay for a golfing getaway. Dining is excellent.

Unique Quality: Casitas that are private and luxurious, beautiful sunsets, and beautiful lush grounds.

Directions: North East and a bit out of core Tucson, but worth the drive.

More about Omni Tucson National Resort

Beautiful Setting Marred By Inconsistency and Golf Noise

by TripAdvisor Member JerseyKat

The Omni Tucson is a very attractive property -- the golf course is beautiful, the rooms are lovely, the pool area is very nice. I got an excellent price for my room on Expedia. They were having a special, and I got a very large, elegant suite for $140 - a savings of $100 over the best deal the hotel offered directly.

HOWEVER -- there were several issues I had wth the hotel that marred my stay there. I agree with some of the previous reviewers that if you are a golfer these things won't bother you as much -- but as a non-golfer looking for relaxation, they bothered me. My issues with the Omni Tucson were:

1-Absent bell staff upon check-in and at other times when I needed assistance. The property does not have enough staff to provide the type of service I would expect at such a property.

2-Mediocre food. We ate at the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner during "Italian Night." Of all the meals we ate on-site, the breakfast was the high point. The price of the Italian buffet was reasonable, but the items that were served were average at best. Service at this restaurant was friendly but incredibly inefficient. The restaurant off the golf course was also very average -- we ate there twice and were not impressed. However, the best service we encountered at the entire property was at the golf course restaurant. The best evening meal I had was a room-service shrimp cocktail - it was GREAT.

3-NOISE IN THE MORNING. If you like to sleep past 5:45 am, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! I was awoken every morning to the sound of a groundskeeper stacking golf balls into pretty little pyramids at the driving range. Then by 6:15 the first whirring of golf carts would commence, and then the whack whack of tee shots. My dad is a golfer, and this place would be PERFECT for him. But this is because he wakes up at 5 am and goes to bed at 8 pm! On a positive note, the place was a quiet as a tomb after 9 pm.

4-Property Layout. After you enter the main lobby, the rooms are located in small pods scattered over the hotel grounds. The lobby is sort of on a hill, and then to get to your room you either have to go through the lobby, down a flight of stairs, outside and through the pool complex -- or park on the side of the property and maneuver through stairs and winding paths. Unless your rooms were right off the parking lot (mine wasn't) it was a bit of a hassle.

The property was conveniently located, very attractive, and has some very nice amenities. The pool never officially closes as long as you are quiet, which is nice (although I wish they had a designated "cool spot" in the pool - after a week of 108 degree temperatures that thing was WARMMMMM even at 9 pm). So if you are a golfer, I highly recommend the Omni. If not, and you like to "sleep in," ask for a quiet room and pack your earplugs!

nice if you are a golfer

We arrived a bit early for check in, but our 2 rooms were not ready. No offer was made to store luggage, but were told that we'd be called when the rooms were ready. Off we went to see a little of Tucson, never heard from the hotel...came back after 4pm and 1 room was ready. We schlepped all our stuff to the room and hit the pool area. The gals that were working the bar at the pool were very friendly. After about 1-1/2 hours I called the front desk and was told the other room was ready. So, I definately agree that the front desk service was not up to par for a RESORT. The rooms were very nice, I would rate above average on the rooms, nice decor, comfy beds, very clean. There is ALOT of early morning commotion. I wonder if it is quieter on the second floor?? The spa was great! Very nice staff, and an excellent lunch! We only dined in the pub and the food was average and a very limited menu. We are not golfers, and chose this resort because it seemed to have a beautiful tennis facility. It does, but there was NO STAFF on the premises. The tennis shop was locked up tight. Fortunately, we brought our racquets and another couple playing gave us a few balls. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and there comment was "oh, you should have asked up here. We have balls here." Gee, be nice if they were at the tennis shop! Or how about a note on the locked doors to see the front desk. As with many golf clubs, tennis is not a priority. All this being said, we did have an enjoyable stay, but again, not up to what I would call resort standards. If I were to visit Tucson again, I would definately try another resort.

Beautiful Resort

We got an entertainment rate and got a beautiful room over-looking the driving range. There is a $12 per day resort fee. We are not golfers but it was fun to be around the golf course and watch people. No problems with noise level at all. The room was large and the staff was professional and friendly. The pool is open late as long as you are quiet. We had business down town Tucson and it wasn't exactly convenient but not too bad, about 20-25 minutes.

Nothing "Resort" About This Property

I spent four days at this hotel, and you could not convince me to come back. Nothing horrible happened, but the hotel staff made so many little mistakes that they added up to a very annoying time. The first problem: I requested a room on the second floor because I had read here that first floor rooms were noisier. When we checked in, they assured us we had a second floor room, but then assigned us to a first floor one. I didn't feel like fighting, so I decided to see how bad it could be. It was bad. In the first floor Sonoran rooms, you can hear EVERY footstep in the room above, day or night. These are the rooms near the driving range; previous reviewers have complained about the golf ball noises. We didn't hear any of that, but we did have a particularly rambunctious child running and jumping above us until about 11:30 one night. The ceiling sounded like it was ready to cave in every time anyone moved around up there. I finally put in ear plugs and was able to sleep.

The hotel staff was pleasant -- when you could find them. In three days at the pool, I never saw anyone clear used towels, nor put out fresh ones. Piles of wet towels accumulated everywhere, on lounge chairs, in corners, and in the towel bins. Not very pretty. Also, if you arrived after about 3pm, you were out of luck. No more towels.

When I checked in I opted out of the evening turn down service, but someone turned down the room on the third night of my stay anyway. I guess the message got through the first two nights, but not the third, which doesn't say much for the hotel. I had left work documents scattered all over the bed, which were picked up and deposited on the coffee table. If I had known someone was going to enter my hotel room, I certainly wouldn't have left them out.

I am a longtime Omni Select Guest member - which really only means I receive the newspaper of my choice and two complimentary beverages each morning. The first morning, the newspaper didn't show up. The second morning, the wrong newspaper was sent and the hot beverages were cold. The third morning, my drinks showed up 1/2 hour late, with no newspaper. I gave up on the fourth morning.

Other annoying, but not major problems: There is no real refrigerator in the room, just a cold minibar. I had to take things out of the minibar in order to fit in leftovers from a wonderful Mexican meal one night. The light was out on our patio. We called twice to have it fixed, but no one showed up. We could never find bell staff to move our bags. The food at the sports bar was passable at best, and some of it was cold by the time it arrived.

All in all, the major parts of this hotel were good - nicely laid out room, large bathroom, convenient location, good price. The minor things, however, make this hotel not worth visiting. I disregarded prior reviewers who mentioned problems and am sorry I did. I travel for work all of the time, and can say that this is one of the most inconsistant "resorts" I have visited in a long time.

blah

This resort is average at best. Large grounds, older hacienda type resort. Flagstone in main pool area needs re-done, as does flagstone near fountains.
Room service sandwich was horrendous....over 60% of the roast beef was fat and grissle.
Nice staff.
Hot security gate lady in afternoon /evening:)
Good workout room.

Great Golf Resort

by TripAdvisor Member blitz12

We spend three nights at this resort over Labor Day weekend. The minute we drove up we knew this was going to be a good resort. We pulled up and within 15 seconds the bell boys were at our cars and we were escorted to the front desk, we were checked in quick and we were in our rooms within minutes. Great Room and Great Service, our bags were in our room before we got there and our Clubs were taken to the Golf clubhouse for us. The rooms were good size with excellent view of the golf course, we were on the 18th green. The resturants were great, we only left the resort once to eat. The pool was great, never had a problem with towels, warm water and the hot tub was great. We loved the pool and hot tub after each round of golf. The Course was great as well. We were well taken care of. Now, I want you to understand that we got an awsome deal to this resort so we were not expecting so much. We got our rooms for 109.00 a night but included all the golf you wanted to play. So we only had to pay a 15 cart fee when we played. It was an awesome deal. We played 36 holes one day and 27 holes the next day and 18 holes the day we left. We played all that golf for 45.00 dollars, not bad. If you are a golfer you should love this resort. Now keep in might we went during the offseason, that might be the reason we got extra attention and such a good deal. We had a upstairs room and so we had no noise problems at all. We really had a great time.

Omni Service 5 star

We stayed at the Omni Tucson in August. We just wanted to get away to a quiet and relaxing spot. This was exactly what we were looking for. From check in to eating in the restaurants the service was amazing. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff at every turn of our trip. We don't golf, but the golf course looked like it was in great condition. We did get a chance to enjoy the fabulous 4 star spa. The sugar scrub and swedish massages were incredible. The rooms were so spacious we felt like we had more room than when we were at home. We can't wait to have another free weekend to spend at the Omni Tucson.

Too much noise to be called a Resort

This was a learn as you go experience for me. I was under the impression that a Resort was a place to relax, you would think, especially on a weekend. Besides the noise of hearing every footstep in the room above me day and night, the garden keepers with their extremely loud blowing machines, each morning between 7:00am-8:45am made it impossible to sleep-in on the few days I took off from work and finally got to see my son. I tried to escape to the pool, however, the blowing machines were there as well. They give off fumes as well as being extremely loud. When I mentioned the noise, I was asked if I had requested a new room. Well my son, who was in another room had moved rooms a total of three times in three days due to the lack of air conditioning in 100 degree weather (my a/c at least worked) and his final room ended up being as noisy as mine. The General Manager was no where to be found and never returned my phone calls. The on duty manager was less than helpful.
Yesterday I received an email/survey from the President of this company asking for my opinion of their hotel/resort. I would like to know if the President of this company really reads any of these comments or the surveys.
I doubt if I will ever stay with this company's resort again and certainly do not recommend it for a relaxing stay. I left with a migraine.

Comments