Peppertrees Bed & Breakfast Inn

724 East University Blvd, Tucson, Arizona, 85719, United States

More about Tucson

Jumpingson, JW Marriott lobby, Tucson, AZ Aug 2010Jumpingson, JW Marriott lobby, Tucson, AZ Aug 2010

Wonderful Tucson, ArizonaWonderful Tucson, Arizona

CorsairCorsair

Children's DiscoveryChildren's Discovery

Travel Tips for Tucson

PIMA AIR SPACE VOLUNTEERS

by mtncorg

Similar to a few other military museums - ie the USS Missouri battleship in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii - this museum uses the experiences of the area’s local military veterans to help bring the exhibits to life. Tucson has had and still maintains a very strong Air Force presence. Many military veterans have settled in the Tucson area and several can be found volunteering their time to better explain the planes on exhibit, relating them to their own experiences. One volunteer had served as a gunner on a naval version of a B24 bomber in the Pacific theater during WWII. His sorties and explanations were a great addition to the sparkling plane on exhibit.

World's largest collection of optical telescopes

by mht_in_la

Kitt Peak National Observertory has the world's largest collection of telescopes (22 optical and 2 radio telescopes). It's a little far out, located about 60 miles southwest of Tucson via route #86 on top of Kitt Peak, the 2nd tallest peak in the Baboquivari Mountains inside the Tohono O'odham Reservation. When you drive along #86, it's hard to miss the white dome, the 4-meter Mayall, on top of the peak. The photo shows the view from route #386 when I approached the peak.

Native American art?

by matcrazy1 about Gift shop

There are various gifts sold in a gift shop of Arizona-Sonora Desert museum. Rather tourist stuff than real art, I suppose. You can see figures of native Americans (Indians) there. Look at my picture, please. I'd choose some books on Sonora Desert. $5 to $40 for a book as I remember well.

Rocky Mountain Dining in the Tucson Foothills

by WhispersWest about Firebird Rocky Mountain Grill

Stepping inside the Firebird is like stepping into an aspen ski lodge or a Breckenridge fine dining establishment. The hostess was friendly and seated us quickly. We went in for lunch around two so the lunch rush was over with, which made it a less hectic experience.

Our waiter was friendly and conscientious. Our food was far better than I would have expected from a chain restaurant. On our last visit, I ordered the French Dip and found it to be the best I have ever tasted. The Bread was a baquette, crisp on the edges, yet soft and easy to chew. The Roast beef was moist and flavorful. It came with seasoned ranch fries, which were done just right, crisp on the outside with just the right texture on the inside. My father had the trout which also came with fries as a side dish choice. I tasted his trout and found it very tasty with a hint of lemon and properly spiced. My momma had the Turkey club sandwich made with Jalapeno cornbread. She said that the sandwich was delicious, the cider slaw was excellent and she ate all of her ranch fries. My aunt had the BBQ pork sandwich and said it was just right. It wasn't dripping with sauce and the meat was tender and flavorful in its own right.

I had a glass of Ravenswood Zinfandel and found it to be a perfect complement to the French Dip. My aunt, a Pinot Grigio fan, loved the glass of Maso Canali Pinot Grigio which I ordered for her.

Brooklyn Pizza

by bottleofdoom about Brooklyn Pizza

Cheap, small pizza joint on the 4th Ave, where all the bohemians hang out. Usually playing jazz on the muzak & some nice photography of Brooklyn, NY on the walls. Pizza, garlic knots, florentine sandwich, water ice. This is really good for cheap eats. Good pizza was hard to find when I first moved here, but I discovered gold when I found this place.

Comments