Pueblo Inn

350 South Freeway, (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton), Tucson, Arizona, 85745-3232, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Tucson

Bisbee, Arizona - 82 miles southeast of TucsonBisbee, Arizona - 82 miles southeast of Tucson

Mercury CapsuleMercury Capsule

Jungle ShopJungle Shop

Butterfly GardenButterfly Garden

Amtrak from NY to Tucson

by cammy1963

Has anyone had experience taking Amtrak trains across the country? I thought it would be interesting to ride through different states on my way to Tucson, where I may be moving. I am a 42 year old woman who is traveling alone, and I'd like to leave within the next several days.(I know it's very hot but this is a good time for me to get away). Please let me know your opinions and suggestions.

RE: Amtrak from NY to Tucson

by GottaTry

If you have the time go for it. I take occaisional train trips to force myself to relax. Not much else you can do on a train but relax and meet people. I have a page about train travel at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/979ae/4f8/9/
If you have any questions ask away. I took the Sunset Limited about a year and a half ago. It wasn't my favorite route but cross country trips are always an experience, see it before it is gone!

by cammy1963

Well, I just realized it's almost 3 full days of travel without exercise and I don't know how I'd sleep at night without it. I need at least a 1/2 hour walk every day to relax. I guess not many people take this long of a trip mostly sitting down! Better book a flight if I can't sit still?

by GottaTry

I think the nice part of the train is not having to sit still. You can always get up and move around. While it certainly isn't like taking a real walk I find it so much better than being trapped on my seat in a plane, sitting around in airports or waiting in lines.
You could also consider flying part of the trip and taking the train part. I flew to Portland one time to take the Empire Builder across the northern states. I didn't have time to take the train from LA to Portland, then go east also!

by simon79

Hi!
I traveled with Amtrak just a couple of days ago. It would have been a pleasant trip if I hadn't almost frozen to death due to air conditioning. I think it must have been 50F or less, cause I was shivering the whole time from Pittsburg to Philadelphia (and I was wearing long sleeves on top of short ones). Other than that, there are many advantages of train (providing you have the time): price (of regular tickets) is considerably lower, you have enough leg room, it usually delivers you downtown, not so crowded, you don't have to take your shoes off before boarding... If you take the train, don't worry about the heat and take enough warm clothes.

RE: Amtrak from NY to Tucson

by ellickson26

If you're ok with the length of time on the train why not? The trains are really comfortable and there's plenty of room for walking around. Don't worry about it being so hot-it's freezing on those trains, bring a sweater or three!!!

Travel Tips for Tucson

Visit the University of...

by Davidp1952

Visit the University of Arizona. Located in the heart of Tucson on 352 acres, The University of Arizona is one of the top ranked research universities in the nation. Surrounded by mountains & the high Sonoran desert, the campus boasts a distinctive look dotted with bountiful cactus & palm trees and enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine each year.

Approximately 35,000 students are enrolled at UA, coming from all 50 states and more than 100 foreign countries.

hiker's paradise

by bocmaxima

Three trails of great interest in the Tucson area, all within a 30-minute drive from Downtown:
- Douglas Spring: starts at the very east end of Speedway and heads into Saguaro National Park and the Rincon Mountains. The initial, more flat walk is great for viewing Sonoran flora/fauna, and after the semi-difficult climb over the ridge, you find yourself in the upland grass areas more typical of southern New Mexico. Bridal Veil Falls is about 4 miles from the trailhead, and well worth it when there's water running. This trail also continues to Rincon Peak, but that is a two-day trip.
- Pima Canyon: starts at the very north end of First Avenue and heads into the Santa Catalinas via the small Pima Canyon. The canyon part is a great way to check out a Sonoran riparian area as it goes by a spring and follows a wash. Further in, the trail is less crowded (especially on weekdays), and when the cottonwoods still have their leaves to rustle in the wind, it's a very serene setting. The trail continues higher into the mountains, and eventually hits Mount Wrightson.
- Ventana Canyon: Named for a rock formation on top of the front range, this is a very nice, but crowded trail. The creek is flowing much of the year, and the canyon is tighter than most. This is a great day hike. Good shoes, lots of water, dress for the weather

Neglected area

by matcrazy1

Some areas in each city (not only in the USA) look neglected, sometimes even not safe, I could say. It's strange but often "the worst" areas are located around a railway station or railroads, old (usually not working) industrial zones, ports or close to a state border in border cities.
In Tucson the area along railroad which passes through a city looked a little neglected in my opinion.

A Taste of Boston in Tucson

by ATXtraveler about Boston Market

I know most people do not need tips on chain restaurants, because they can apply to many different regions of the US, but while staying in Tucson, I decided for a late night dinner.

Boston Market was a store I had completely forgotten about, so I decided to go re-introduce myself. It was a delicious choice.

I had the chicken, with spinach and sweet potatoes, all of which were excellent. And the best part... it was only 8 dollars!

The Truly Best Pizza

by bocmaxima about Brooklyn

It's extremely frustrating to me that, every year, the Tucson Weekly's definitive "Best of Tucson" pizza category is won by the local chain Magpie's. Not that Magpie's has bad pizza or shouldn't be considered one of the better ones, but it's cross-Fourth rival Brooklyn has never won, and that only fuels the fire in my mind of the whole list being rigged.
This is New York style mind you: thin, not too heavy on the cheese and with crispy crust. A slice will run you about $2 and you will not regret it. They also have Italian ices, calzones, a few side dishes and a good selection of beer.
It's popular though. Afternoons see mostly a high school crowd, and weekends at meal times the restaurant is usually packed.
For the bar crowd, they sell slices through the door until 3am on Friday and Saturday and deliver all of their menu (including the beer) to most of the Central area.
THIS is the best pizza in town. Take another look Tucson Weekly. I usually get two pepperoni slices. They sometimes have great deals also so keep an eye out for coupons, especially in the Daily Wildcat (UA paper).

Comments