Residence Inn Airport

2660 East Medina Road, Tucson, Arizona, 85706-7137, United States
Residence Inn Tucson Airport
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Tucson

JumpingSpongeBob + JumpingTwins, Tucson, ArizonaJumpingSpongeBob + JumpingTwins, Tucson, Arizona

F-15 EagleF-15 Eagle

Hands-on Display in Space HangarHands-on Display in Space Hangar

Swimming PoolSwimming Pool

Tucson Airport layout and directions

by kop-queen

Its a few years since my last visit so I only have very vague recollections of the airport layout and remember missing our intended route as we drove away in our rental car. I'm on my own this time and it will have been a long day so the more knowledge I am armed with the better!

I will be arriving from Atlanta having cleared customs and immigration there so hopefully it will be a fairly simple process of collecting my bags and heading for the car rentals.

From memory it was a short walk to pick up the car (Dollar this time)and I thought the garaging was under cover but maybe it was just dark? Can anyone give me detailed driving details as I come out from the garaging? I will be heading east onto I10 towards Benson.

by kathymof

Here is the link for the airport. http://www.tucsonairport.org/index.html

They don't show the car rental pickup but just follow the signs. The car rentals is in a new area (at least for me) and maybe for you (not sure when they built the new structure) but you can just follow the signs.

by bocmaxima

The baggage claim is at the terminal exit on the east side of the airport, whereas the rental car area is on the west side. So, after you collect your baggage, walk around past the ticketing booths and you'll see signs for the rental car area. You'll have to go through double automatic doors and a short walkway. All companies' counters except for Thrifty are in this area.
The cars are kept in a garage. As you exit, you wind around some inactive security gates and end up on Los Reales Road. Signs will direct you back (a left) to Tucson Boulevard. Turn right toward I-10 (there are signs) at Tucson Boulevard, but turn right at the first traffic light (Valencia Road) to get to I-10 east. It's just a lot faster but there are no signs, for whatever reason. I-10 is about 2 miles from there.
To return the car, you have to go around the departures (upper level) area and, at the end, there's small entrance on the right into the garage.
hth

by ombre

when Vt brings back a chat site you will be able to ask locals in real time
BRING BACK CHAT VT
FIVE YEARS IS ENOUGH OF NO TALKING PLEASE

Travel Tips for Tucson

Drive to top of Sentinel Peak for bird's-eye view

by zrim

Sentinel Peak offers the best panoramic views of Tucson. There is a parking lot high up the mountain just below the peak. There is then a foot path that circumnavigates the peak and allows for views in 360 degrees. Be careful though, this seems to be a popular hangout for teenage boys who like to bring beer and make a general nuisance of themselves.

Four wheel drive cars

by matcrazy1

It seems that quite many locals drive four wheel drive cars (4WD), usually big ones day and night as you can see on my picture. Why?
Hmm... maybe some of them really used their cars for off road driving - there are quite a lot of dirty/unpaved roads around.

Tombstone, Arizona - home to...

by Ben-UK

Tombstone, Arizona - home to Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday & the Clantons. The historic Gunfight at the OK Corral took place here in October, 1881.
Tombstone is 70 miles southeast of Tucson, and is easily reached via Interstate 10 to Benson and then south from Benson on Arizona Route 80.
Hotels in Tucson offer day tours.

My two questions for you!

by matcrazy1

As I already said Tucson is located by one of the main USA highways: trascontinental Interstate 10 freeway (I-10) which goes from Jacksonville at the Atlantic Ocean in Florida to Santa Monica at the Pacific Ocean in California.

To be honest it was one of my many possible itineraries I thought over before my USA trip. And from point 1 to 11 still is.

Enlarge my map, please and look at my/your? possible stops:
1 - Jacksonville, Florida (mile 0)
2 - Tallahassee, Florida (mile 198)
3 - Mobile, Alabama (mile 438)
4 - Biloxi, Mississipi (mile 495)
5 - New Orleans, Louisiana (mile 580)
6 - Baton Rouge, Louisiana (mile 664)
7 - Lafayette, Louisiana (mile 718)
8 - Beaumont, Texas (mile 849)
9 - Houston, Texas (mile 936)
10 - San Antonio, Texas (mile 1141)
11 - El Paso, Texas (mile 1693)
12 - Las Cruces, New Mexico (mile 1736)
13 - TUCSON, Arizona (mile 2010)
14 - Phoenix, Arizona (mile 2124)
15 - Los Angeles, California (mile 2499)
16 - Santa Monica, California (mile 2512.5 = 4043.5 km!)

My two questions:
1. Which month is the best to do the above itinerary (NO heat, please :-)?
2. Are the above stops interesting? What to add and what to skip?
Please e-mail me your suggestions for my future use. Thank you very much :-).

Vegetarian Fare

by Basaic about The Casbah Teahouse

The Casbah Tea House serves teas and coffees from around the world along with vegetarian fare with a Mediterranean flavor. They also have cookies, cake and ice cream. Try the Hummus with Pita Bread for $4. They occasionally even have belly dancing. Popular hangout for U of A students. Try the Hummus with Pita Bread for $4.

Comments