Royal Elizabeth Bed and Breakfast Inn Tuscon

Royal Elizabeth Bed and Breakfast Inn
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Royal Elizabeth Bed and Breakfast Inn Tuscon

Absolutely Perfect!!

You will absolutely love your stay at "The Liz". The Inn itself is lovely and the furnishings (Victorian, antiques) are beautiful. The pool & hot tub were a nice ammenity that you don't often find at a B & B. What makes your stay delightful, are the owners, Jeff and Chuck. Their hospitality and friendliness make you feel right at home. They were wonderful about directing you to the best restaurants and helping you select the places to see when you only have a few days to tour. And, you will be amazed and delighted at the breakfast "creations" you are treated to each morning. Their culinary skills are unmatched and the presentation is almost too pretty to disturb.

You may come to "The Liz" as a guest, but you will leave feeling like you have found new friends. Just a wonderful, wonderful experience from start to finish!!

4/12/06

Best B&B I have ever used

by TripAdvisor Member jgb0217

Through some stroke of luck we managed to get one night in the Liz (as the Royal Elizabeth B&B is called) for the last night of an eight night mini-vacation in Arizona. Because of an airline foul up we toyed with the idea of cancelling, but did not, and are we ever glad we did not. There are no words descriptive enough to do justice to the outstanding service and accomodations we received here. If it were not for the fact that Jeff and Chuck deserve all the praise, I would prefer this place not get too popular. But I think it already is. The room (The Nick Anthony Room) was spacious and so nice, with every doodad and feature anyone could possibly want or need. The house and grounds are superb, immaculate, and inviting. The neighborhood is clean and safe, with the Tucson Police Station just around the corner. The B&B is centrally located near downtown and near several nice places to eat. A beautiful mission-style church is close by. There is private parking for the B&B directly across the street. We were met and greeted at the front door by Jeff, shown around, provided with all the extraneous information we requested about Tucson, the restaurants, all that stuff. We had to leave early the next morning and could not partake of the breakfast, but from the looks of the table, it was going to be some breakfast. Considering the detail and attention to quality that these guys give to everything I have to say this was the nicest, friendliest, warmest, THE BEST B&B I have ever stayed in.

Great B&B for families and couples

We recently stayed at the Royal Elizabeth B&B in Tucson AZ. It was the first stop on our trip that culminated at the Grand Canyon. From the first phone conversation I had with Chuck to book the reservation to the final hugs goodbye, our stay was pure pleasure. We only stayed at the B&B for two nights, yet we have many vivid and wonderful memories of our time spent there.

We ate two truly gourmet breakfasts (my younger daughter enjoyed Froot Loops, served to her with the same flair as the rest of us) We enjoyed a beautifully appointed and comfortable suite. We had reservations made for us at the best restaurants for dinner and were superbly advised on how best to enjoy the Sonoran Desert. Chuck and Jeff even when into great detail advising us on what stops to make on the way to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. It was our daughters' (age 9 & 11) first stay at a B&B and they absolutely loved it. Chuck and Jeff were just as gracious with them as they were to the rest of their guests.

They girls loved sitting in the parlor with other guests reading, chatting and knitting. There was also a room where they could watch TV, use the computer and relax. The girls also enjoyed the beautiful pool in the late afternoon, while I enjoyed siiting among the fabulous and fragrant garden sprawling all over the property. Whether it is just you and your husband enjoying a break or vacationing with family, we highly reccomend this B&B.

Rest, Relax and Re-energize at the Royal Elizabeth

This is my 3rd or 4th stay at the Royal Elizabeth... I enjoy it more each visit. Its a place where it is easy to take time out from the normal "hussle-bussle" of life... breakfast is a real treat here. (The owners have Alice Waters (of Chez Panisse fame) cookbooks in the kitchen, so they know food...) The rooms are large and comfortable... I give the "Liz" a 5 star rating. Try it.

Fabulous Find in Tucson

The Royal Elizabeth is a perfect place to stay in Tucson. The historic property is beautifully restored and maintained. Current owners, Jeff and Chuck, are incredibly welcoming and offer every amenity imaginable. They provide great tips on local dining, sightseeing and their gourmet breakfast is delicious! I've stayed in many inns and b&b's across the US and, without question, I consider the accomodations offered by Jeff & Chuck as simply outstanding!

Our Second Home

by TripAdvisor Member Calabasas

With a daughter spending four years at U of A you need to find a good place to stay. We were lucky, we found a great place to stay! Chuck and Jeff are like family and we just adore them and the Royal Liz. My younger daughter is always excited about seeing her good friends and cooking breakfast with them.

The food is fantastic. We are food fanatics and we look forward to our breakfasts at the Royal Liz. This is my daughter's last year of college and I will miss our regular visits but, vow not to be strangers to the Royal Liz!

Totally perfect.

by TripAdvisor Member morween

Just returned from this gem of a place. Had 3 days there last year, and went for a week this time. From walking in the front door, you are made to feel at home. Jeff, Chuck and not forgetting Lucy, make this B and B a home. The room are beautiful, all very different, fantastic furnishings, I always stay in the Rose Room. All mod cons are provided, internet access, wine exchange, lovely pool, fabulous atmosphere. The breakfasts are to die for, came home with some super receipes. There are lots of brilliant restaurants within walking distance. Jeff and Chuck will even give you the down town tour. What more can you ask for! Already booked to go back next year. Cheers Guys.

The Breakfast Alone Is Reaon To Go

by TripAdvisor Member 707mike

I've been to The Royal Elizabeth twice now, and can't wait to go back. The B&B itself is very clean, with authentic antiques in each room and a gorgeous garden and pool area. What really makes this B&B stand out is the hosts. Chuck and Jeff's service is top notch, catering to all your needs while also managing to make you feel at home. The atmosphere they strive to create makes you never want to leave the confines of The Liz, and can provide the perfect "do-nothing" vacation. Simply park your car, check-in, and lounge by the pool. In the evening, walk to one of the many local restaurants and grab a bite to eat. Their knowledge of the local restaurant scene is unparelleled, and they can get you reservations anywhere. Bring home your leftovers, and repeat for at least 2 days. Or, Chuck and Jeff can guide you to any number of activities and sights to see. And of course, their breakfasts are to die for. Expect off-the-beaten-path recipes that will make you wonder if the cooking gods intervene in the kitchen. You'll leave The Liz with two new friends, feeling refreshed and wishing you could take up permanent residence there.

Five stars!

by TripAdvisor Member HarvestMoon

We stayed over Thanksgiving weekend for our 15th anniversary and it was more than we could have hoped for. Before we arrived, my husband was a little wary about staying in a B&B because our only past B&B experience was more like staying in Aunt Betty's extra bedroom. When Jeff greeted us at the door and showed us our room, my husband & I fell in love with the place. It has all the character you would want in a small inn with the ammenities of a fine hotel. The atmosphere is very comfortable and not stuffy like you would normally expect in a place filled with antiques. My husband was the first to get up and relax in the livingroom before breakfast (yes, you can go to breakfast in your sweatpants!) which is unusual for him.

We stayed in the Sydney Marie Suite which was fantastic. Jeff and Chuck make sure you have all the little things you need including pool towels. The beds are too die for. One tip: if you like to sleep in absolute dark, the Sydney Marie Suite has glass doors with curtains and large glass windows & transoms that let in a lot of light during the night. The wooden filigree work over the glass is gorgeous but if light bothers you, it may be difficult to sleep. The other rooms have wooden doors so they are probably darker during the night. The non-suite rooms were just as nice as the suites so anyone should be happy in any type of room if you don't need the extra space.

My husband and I are still raving about the breakfasts to anyone who will listen. The only bad decision anyone could make about this hotel is to decide not to stay here!

A great place to stay in Tucson

by TripAdvisor Member travelbh

A beautiful historical home with great accomodations.
Very gracious hosts make your stay very enjoyable.
And the breakfast was superb.

Comments