5151 East Grant Road, Tucson, Arizona, 85712, United States

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Luxury at an Almost Budget Price

I stayed here for two nights during my lastest minor heart surgery in August 2009. This is a fancy luxurious hotel and the room cost me under $80. The lobby was very pretty and the room looked great. The bed was very comfortable. They have a ballroom, meeting areas, two places to eat and a nice lounge all on site. All the staff I met was very friendly. The rum in the rum and coke was generous.

• leplaya's Profile Photo

Nice, quiet place in the Northeast

This is a fairly nice hotel in a relatively quite area in the northeast part of Tucson. The rooms are pretty large with the standard amenities (cable TV, coffee maker, etc.). Wireless internet was available but cost extra. There's pleny of parking available (no charge). The only bad thing is that it's several miles from the downtown area. This isn't that big of a deal if you have a car since Tucson is fairly easy to navigate. Overall, a nice place to stay, but nothing special.

Directions: From I-10, go east for about 9 miles on Grant.

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites

The Sheraton Tucson was a nice, clean 4-story courtyard style hotel. I had reserved a regular room. However was upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. The suite included a separate bedroom with two double-beds, a living room with a couch, desk, wet bar area, refridgerator, as well as a TV.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel. I was not too impressed by it and would recommend that you eat at one of the various other restaurants within driving distance.

For those who like to stay connected, internet access was $9.95 for a 24-hour period.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is included in the cost of your room. It's served in the Garden Room next to the pool. This was a nice perk, being I was there on business and was able to grab some cereal, juice, or hot breakfast items quickly.

There is a pool, hot tub, and small gym facility. The gym includes 3-4 basic machines.

More about Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites

Inexpensive Luxury in Tucson

by Basaic about Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites

Stay for the bed!

by TripAdvisor Member smylar

We spent 8 days in Arizona for vacation and the last 2 were in the Sheraton. I looked forward to the Sheraton all week, if nothing else, you get a great nights sleep. I can always count on that.

I found the staff to go above and beyond when I needed help. The room was large enough for the two of us and very clean. We were both very comfortable with this Sheraton versus others.

Plenty of restaurants and shopping within 5-10 minutes of the hotel.

Some of the areas are a little dark and creepy, but not too bad.

We were both fine with the buffet breakfast for a couple of days, wouldn't write home about it, but fine.

Bed Bugs!

by TripAdvisor Member worktravel007

Recently stayed at this Sheraton for a long weekend craft retreat. All was actually fine until I noticed bites. One the first morning, many the second morning. The hotel had virtually no response to my comments at departure that they had bed bugs. I've had them before and am allergic. Future contact with the hotel and the corporate offices has left me out my money and medical. Will not stay at any Starwood hotels again.

Those beds aren't called Sweet Sleepers for Nothing

by TripAdvisor Member scatteredmom

We loved, loved, LOVED this hotel. Firstly, you can't beat the off season rates. We upgraded to a suite for $10, and had a room on the fourth floor. It was very spacious-much more so then we expected.

Service was amazing, the staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean, and the beds were so comfy we wondered if it was possible to buy one.

I suppose how views the breakfast buffet depends on what one eats for breakfast. We were happy with bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, etc. There was much more offered-waffles, eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, etc. Special items like honey were brought to my husband upon request. The coffee was great, the service was top notch.

We've already recommended this hotel to all our friends, and if we're ever in Tucson, would surely go back.

Big rooms, great breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member Schradey

I have stayed at this hotel several times with family (wife and two children now 5 & 8). I've stayed in the Starwood Preferred Guest rooms (join SPG for free, it's worth it!) and they are full two-room suites. When travelling with the family, the suite is essential. When travelling alone on business like I was this November 2006, it's still nice. Beds are very comfy and location is not too far away from the U of A and the Eastern part of town.

The pool is fantastic! We have spent many hours of previous stays swimming in it. It is large and usually draws a friendly crowd.

Breakfast is truly notable. Fresh eggs, bacon, sausage and all the other fixings are available in a really nice dining room. The breakfast with a family of 4 adds at least $40 of value to the room!

Staff has always been friendly, even when the kids have been rowdy in the lobby. I'll be back!

Just a place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member ArizonaBeachlover

Our family statyed here for a long weekend to visit our daughter who attends UofA. We are trying different properties around the Tucson area and this will be one would be at the bottom of the list. The location, although away from UofA was in a nice area with many great eating places near by. IHOP, Good Egg, Starbucks and a nice bakery with cappacinos all within walking distance. Several upscale places for dinner are also close. The hotel itself was just average. The room, although a suite, was crowded particularily the bedroom and bathroom. The sink is in the bedroom area which is a poor placement for those sleeping on different schedules. We did like having a good size frig and table. The living area furniture was comfortable. The pool is very nice but the weather was not nice enough for us to enjoy. The beds were not as comfortable as the new upgraded mattresses at Westin and Marriotts but the pillows were above average. Most discouraging is that we did not receive maid service. After a day of touring we came back to dirty towels and unmade beds. Just not acceptable.

Ok

by TripAdvisor Member BobAdams111

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. I had a room on the fourth floor overlooking the pool and courtyard.

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a small refrigerator, which was helpful to cool our drinks in the hot summer heat. The bathroom was clean but small and unimpressive.

The hotel was well kept. The hallways were somewhat dark and dingy. I did see roaches on several occassions in the halls. The courtyard had beautiful landscaping and a nice pool/hot tub. The business center was available at an additional cost, which I thought was ridiculous.

To summarize, my experience here was above average. However, the location was not ideal. It is a good 7-8 miles from the highway, which takes 15+ minutes due to the traffic lights.

Good Place to Stay Near Univ. of AZ

by mbh65

Coming to Tucson with a friend for a football game in September. Where's a good place to stay close to the University? Thanks!

Re: Good Place to Stay Near Univ. of AZ

by travelgourmet

From a former Wildcat, the closest Hotel to the University is Four Points by Sheraton Tucson University Plaza at 1900 E. Speedway. You could walk to the stadium. Website: www.starwood.com/fourpoints
Just put in Tucson, AZ and the info is yours. Who's Playing? Go Wildcats !!!

by mbh65

Thanks for the tip! BTW, we are also looking at Arizona Inn. Any thoughts about this hotel?

PS: Its the Wisconsin game. Go Badgers!

by travelgourmet

A wonderful first class hotel built in the 30"s. It is about 1 mile away from the University, from the hotel go straight down Campbell to Sixth St. That's where Arizona Stadium sits. If you get a chance, and football isn't the only thing on your mind, drive up Sabino Canyon, for a view of what the desert canyons in Arizona are all about.

by mbh65

Thanks again. I actually live in CA now, so am familiar with the AZ deserts.

Comments