The Hotel Arizona

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Good... for business

I didn't sleep in Tucson but I saw Radisson Hotel City Center Tucson located in a downtown just by Tucson Convention Center. Radisson is an American hotel chain.
    Generally I don't like such large hotels. They cost must more than economic chain motels/hotels although they offer similar room, what I really need. Well sometimes the room is larger and better equipped in things I never use (like say iron, hotel bar). And first of all I don't like to pay high tips for everything, do you :-).

It's a large hotel, with conference facilities. It's good mainly for business, I suppose.

Unique Quality: Pets allowed :-).

Directions: From I-10 take exit 258 to W. Congress Street. Drive eastward approx. 0.4-0.5 mile, turn right to W Broadway Blvd - hotel on the right.

More about The Hotel Arizona

Brief stay in the Hotel Arizona

by TripAdvisor Member emgsoccer

The room is older, but comfortable. There was a microwave and mini fridge. Parking was included in the price of the room, which was a real perk. Did not use the pool, did use the business center. The computer was expensive with a per minute charge. There was no in-room internet. Overall a good place to stay, but not if you are planning to do much work in your room.

Do not stay at the Hotel Arizona

by TripAdvisor Member MsRockiesFan

I used Priceline for the first time and booked what I throught was a 3-star hotel in Tuscon for 5 nights. The Hotel Arizona was the hotel that accepted my bid. I read the trip reviews and they were either terrible or ok for this hotel, with little in-between. I tried to remain positive; however, when I arrived I received a room immediately outside of the elevator, by the ice machine, with a connecting door, and right off of the main street in downtown Tuscon. The room itself was comparable to other budget motels I've stayed at throughout the U.S. I was not impressed by this hotel at all. They also charged for parking.

The first night I heard the conversation of the people next door because there was little insulation through the connecting door. I also saw at least an inch of light coming into my room from their room. Oh, and they smoked, which came in my room, on a non-smoking floor. They didn't go to bed until 4:30 AM and I got no sleep that night.

I complained about this to the hotel management and Priceline, and was given another room, but no upgrade. Both said nothing was available. Priceline would not help me re-book into another hotel.

The new room was a bit better, but right behind the main elevators, so I heard it all night long.

I will not stay in this hotel or use Priceline again.

Bad Business Practices!!!

by TripAdvisor Member CarlosRuffino

One of my favorite singers was playing in Tucson. Having never been to Tucson, I had no idea of what to expect. I chose the Hotel Arizona simply for it's locations. The reviews on Trip Advisor was so-so, but I figured I was only there for one night and the location was more important than the bad reviews. Well, upon arrival I was surprised to find a lobby filled with a young, noisey crowd (apparently a group that was staying at this hotel). Behind the front desk were five employees - all in the early 20s. I had booked my reservation over a month ago. The room had already been paid for. I had a mapquest/directions from this hotel to the restaurant where I was to meet my friends - and then to the concert (which was walking distance from Hotel Arizona). Well, after waiting in line at the desk for 10 minutes without being acknowledged, I finally was asked if I needed some help. I gave the young girl my name, ID and credit card. She came back with a piece of paper (she had tried to pass it on to another girl whom I presumed was a shift leader). The other girl/shift leader said "No Way" and walked away. The original girl said to me "I have some bad news. We are sold out and we do not have a room for you." I had just driven for 4 hours, fought rush hour traffic, was in a strange town, had already paid for this room... I was livid - but I kept my cool and remained professional and calm. I was told that they would help me try to get me another room at another hotel (which was a 10 minute drive from where I was and where I needed to be).
How can a hotel oversell their inventory??? Why do they not try and compensate their inconenienced guest?
I was given poor directions to a different hotel. The hotel they put me in would have cost me about $70. a night - I had paid $125. at Hotel Arizona. I was screwed over - AND never offered an appology.
Stay somewhere else! This place is unprofessional and unfriendly - and obviously they do not care about their guests!!! Unbelievably badbusiness practices on top of horrible customer service.
I did make it to the concert - and ended up enjoying Tucson - despite the Hotel Arizona.
Stay away from the Hotel Arizona!!! You deserve much better!

Pleasant Stay

by TripAdvisor Member desertwatercolors

Our Group Stayed at The Hotel Arizona and the views of the city you couldnt find anywhere else! The staff was friendly and very prompt. We had a great time!

I don't recommmend

by TripAdvisor Member Richgirl

I went to a government conference in March and we had to stay at the Hotel Arizona. The first day we got there, the person at the front desk was rude, and didn't seem to care about the questions we had on where a certain confrence room was. When we checked in later that day, it was fast, but other people that checked in earlier than us were complaining that their rooms were not cleaned. When I finally got to my room, my bed was not comfy at all and the pillows were lumpy. The next day I got up to iron and the iron leaked water and left stains on my clothes. I had a non-smoking room and at night when I covered my self up with the blanket, the blanket smelled like it was transfered from a "smoking" room and put into mine. I thought maybe it was just me with a bad experience, but when I asked my co-workers what they thouhgt about the hotel, one of them said that the bathtub was dirty and the ceiling had water stains and that her bed and pillows were hard. Overall, if I go to Tucson again, I'm NOT staying there.

The Hotel was Excellent and the Staff was super, very kind.

by TripAdvisor Member henry-7

My stay was Excellent, the food was good and the staff unbelievably good and helpful. They were very kind and went out
of their way to help us.
They had live bands and a teacher to teach us the tango.
Wow what a classy place! I will stay there again .

What a dump and no customer service

by TripAdvisor Member KAREN1978

Well the reviews don't lie. What a Dump!!!!, Rooms in need of repair for everything, dirty bathrooms, mildew all over the surround in bathrooms, totally run down in rooms and hallways. fithly resturant, front desk staff were rude and wouldn't help with anything. They need to knock this hotel down and start overing and get rid of who ever claims to running this dump

It's nicer than it used to be.

by TripAdvisor Member bmohlman

I have stayed here 2 times for business in the area. The first experience was under the management of the Radisson and the place seemed empty and with it being such a large hotel it was kind of scary. The 2nd time was a big improvement in helpful staff and it was busy with travelers. The lobby and resturant were very nice as well as the staff. The business meeting rooms appear to be very impressive. The room I stayed in still has work to be completed that hopefully the new management will take care of soon. It appeared as though a child had fun with a permanent markers on the walls and the carpet had stains and needed replacing. The location is good for business travelers and tourists wanting something close to highway 10. It is not good for sightseeing around the hotel since it is a business district.

Great view from upper floors

by TripAdvisor Member AZBlessedOne

We stayed at Hotel Az. April13-15. We Live in Arizona, and have always avoided the downtown area because of traffic and ignorance of area. We were pleasantly surprized with the setting, it was like being in our own little community. We had an upper floor the views are great. The access to I-10 is easy. It was great to have parking garage right there. Also, we had A.M. meal there each day good food and friendly service. Thanks for educating us on part of the inner workings of downtown Tucson.

We were there with a group for a retreat, the meeting rooms ,etc. were quiet and easily accessable.

Centrally located hotels in Tucson?

by amybear

Hi all,
I am trying to find a decent hotel in downtown Tucson area, within walking distance to stores, sites,etc. preferably with a pool (I guess they all have pools, right?)
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Doesn't have to be fancy, in fact I'm hoping to find someplace for around $100 a night.
Thanks!
Amy B

RE: Centrally located hotels in Tucson?

by bocmaxima

You have three choices for true Downtown hotels:
Hotel Congress (http://www.hotelcongress.com/), Hotel Santa Rita (formerly a Clarion) and Hotel Arizona (formerly the Downtown Radisson).
Hotel Congress is your best bet. It's an experience, and definitely within walking distance of everything. It usually runs about $50/night, as long as you don't try to stay during a big event.
Downtown Tucson is a little wild, so be prepared for dark alleys, drugged-out street people and some weird noises. Congress gets noisy on Wednesdays and weekends too because of all the bar traffic.

Try The Big Blue House - Tucson

by gasper11

I suggest you try The Big Blue House bed and breakfast. It is located only 6 blocks from downtown and 2 blocks from Tucson's historic 4th Ave.
They offer very upscale kitchenette rooms with private exterior entrances (just like a motel) for $90- $120 per night. You cant beat the location or the convenience of the proximity to all the 4th Ave shops and restaurants. The house was built in 1899 but has just finished a complete refurbish and what was once spacious studio apartments w/kitchens are now upscale B&B rooms. Perfect for extended stay. They provide amenities such as free WiFi, all rooms have LCD televisions. Also all rooms have unlimited bottled filtered water in hot/cold dispensers. In Tucson that can save you some money... Check out thier web site: http://bigbluehouse.net

gasper11