15000 N Secret Springs Dr, Marana, Arizona, 85658, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

• toddecus's Profile Photo

WAY out of Town Resort

This is a half done resort way outside of Tucson. If you want the Ritz level comfort at a discount, this is probably the time to do it. Clearly this was a big investment development project that is hurting from the economy dip. The hotel is finished, but there are all kinds of undeveloped plots of land bladed off. Guessing that you could watch and get time at this hotel at a serious discount from normal Ritz prices. Not the most attractive view of the mountains, but you are definitely in the heart of the desert and away from the city. Unfortunately this was built with suburbia right along side it, so you don't have the experience of being really away from civilization.
    The totally wasteful waterfall on the Ritz resort sign says it all for me.

Unique Quality: Not too far from I-10 and way north west of town. If it were late at night and I was driving east on I-10, and I wanted a luxury hotel stay, I might stop here.

Directions: Technically in Marana a bedroom community of Tucson.

More about Tucson

JumpingFamily, San Xavier del Bac, Tucson, AZ 2010JumpingFamily, San Xavier del Bac, Tucson, AZ 2010

Wonderful Tucson, ArizonaWonderful Tucson, Arizona

A-10 Thunderbolt or "Warthog"A-10 Thunderbolt or "Warthog"

Children's DiscoveryChildren's Discovery

Travel Tips for Tucson

"A" Mountain

by mht_in_la

Looking west from downtown Tucson, you'll see a big letter "A" in red-white-blue on the side of a peak. This is a popular local hangout and a lookout point called "A" mountain (or called Sentinel Peak). I went up "A" mountain in a thunderous afternoon. There's a parking lot near the peak where many young people came to "cruise" -- loud music and beer bottles everywhere. I looked to the west and tried to photograph the lightenings above Saguaro National Park. Didn't get it.

Bear Canyon Trail

by Rhondaj

I was so unprepared for this trip. My boyfriend and I decided to go hiking. Drove out of Tuscon city to the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area. Right from the parking lot you can get onto the Bear Canyon Trail. It's 2.2 miles to the Seven Falls. The seven falls cascade through the Santa Catalina mountains ending into delicious cool pools that invite you to go swimming.

So off we go. I'm wearing a bathing suit, jean shorts and sandals. So the sandals were definitely not a good idea. The sun was baking and I was dying for some water. As we were walking I kept hear this 'buzzing' kinda sound.

So finally we make it to Seven Falls. Only the falls aren't falling. They are dry. But there are people there who are swimming in the pools. They give us beer. (things are looking up.) And we swim to cool off. Our new friends tell us the 'buzzing' sounds I kept hearing were rattlesnakes warning us not to come near! Oh goody, that's all I could think about on the trek back!

Lesson learned: 2 desert miles are not the same as 2 flat NJ miles!

Indian art?

by matcrazy1 about Gift shop

There are various gifts sold in a gift shop of Arizona-Sonora Desert museum. Rather tourist stuff than real art, I suppose. You can see figures of native Americans (Indians) there. Look at my picture, please. I'd choose some books on Sonora Desert there. $5 to $40 for a book as I remember well.

Casa Molina Restaurant

by Ewingjr98

A very good Mexican spot, this is a short walk from the Residence Inn, and therefore one of the spots I frequently visited when in Tucson. I always enjoyed their traditional Mexican-style food, especially the carne asada, enchilada, and green chile sauce. Prices range from $6 for the lunch specials to $18 for the Mexican T-Bone.

Late night dining

by bottleofdoom about The Waffle House

Friends were amazed that I've never been to a Waffle House. It's a western chain that's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week serving waffles, hamburgers, hash browns, chili, grits, etc. Great place to go after partying. I finally went one night after work & had hash browns with chili and cheese on them. The cooks and waitresses are very colorful characters as well. It's very cool to listen to the waitresses use the "code" when giving orders to the cooks. Fast service too. Oh, and I can't forget that the jukebox has a big selection of waffle songs on it! Waffles and hash browns

Comments