Tucson Knights Inn

An Evening of Intimate Magical WondersAn Evening of Intimate Magical Wonders

Presidential PlanePresidential Plane

ElephantsElephants

Pond and FountainPond and Fountain

housing options/ safe areas of tucson

by angelita1017

hi. im a travel nurse, 24, female. interested in working in tucson. I live now in Tampa, used to live in Miami. I just sent out an application to st joes hospital (carondelet) for a job. Have u heard anything about this place? any input about the tucson area, ie safety, fun, traffic, housing? thanks so much for any input.... Carly also where is a good place to stay? I dont want to live in a sketchy area!!! or get robbed!! thanks.

carly angelita1017@yahoo.com

RE: housing options/ safe areas of tucson

by MikePinTucson

St Joeseph's is on the east side, which is in a a good and safe area. Traffic in Tucson can be pretty bad at times because there is only one freeway that runs west and south of the city. So if you do get a job at St. Joe's (TMC is another hospital on the east side), living close would be best.

For other information on the Tucson area, visit my blog.

RE: RE: RE: housing options/ safe areas of tucson

by WhispersWest

St. Joseph's is a great hospital here in Tucson. There are two apartment complexes within walking distance and both are fairly safe. I never deem any area safe, as crime can occur anywhere. Within close proximity to ST. Joseph's is Parkplace Mall, El Mercado Shopping PLaza and numerous restaurants. As a traveling nurse, don't they help you to find a place convenient to the facility? I know they did when my neice was atraveling nurse.

Feel free to email me when you have a few places in mind. I will let you know their proximity to work and their crime statistics.

Bit Devine
Cowboy Craic

Re: housing options/ safe areas of tucson

by cla1ret

Please look at my listing. http://www.vrbo.com/140870

This is a very safe area with lovely restaurants and close to La Encantada, our upscale shopping mall. http://www.laencantadashoppingcenter.com/

Travel Tips for Tucson

Sahuaros Under the Moonlight

by bottleofdoom

These are sahuaro cactus that grow everywhere in the Sonoran Desert region. I took this photo at night during a full moon holding the shutter open a long time so it looks like daylight. If you look close, you can see the stars in the sky.

Luggage List for the Desert

by danieltrue

In the summer, bring a light t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. Don't forget the sunscreen. When the sun is beating and the temp is 105 F, you will burn fast. In the winter, bring a jacket with you. The days are nice. Temps in the 70's but overnight lows can drop into the upper twenties and lower thirties. Light T-shirt. No black ones. They hold heat. Some shorts and a comfortable pair of walking shoes or flip flops. Sunscreen, and a good pair of sunglasses are in order. Lots and lots of drinking water. It's amazing how fast you can become dehydrated. Lot's of film. The Metro Tucson area has lots of picturesque photo opportunites wating to be taken. I don't camp in the desert so I wouldn't know.

Inside the light path

by mht_in_la

Now we look up at the sky from inside the 500-foot light path parallel to the earth's axis. Notice there's no lenses, only mirrors on top and bottom of the path. All telescopes in Kitt Peak National Observatory are mirror telescopes. Inside the light path, the image of sun bounces back and forth a few times to be displayed on a "light table" for research.

Great Oriental Cuisine

by roamer61 about The Bamboo Club

This restaurant serves dishes of various kinds from all over Asia and the pacific rim. Vietnam, Thailand, China and Fiji are amongst the countries represented here by their cuisine. There are also a wide variety of specialty drinks to savor. Both the food and the service was exceptional. Mandarin Chicken. This tasty entree can be ordered seperate or part of a multi-course meal. It features white meat chicken cooked in a light and tangy mandarin orange sauce.

Tasty Vegan Restaurant

by lizilex about Lovin' Spoonfuls

Even though I'm a vegetarian, I tend to approach vegan restaurants with a certain amount of trepidation. I don't like my food to taste virtuous. I needn't have worried about Lovin' Spoonfuls. The food here is very good, and it contains no egg, dairy or other animal products of any kind. I had a classic veggie burger which came with potato salad (other options are coleslaw or carrot salad) and local potato chips that are as good as any I've ever tasted. (And I take my potato chips very seriously!) My husband had a tasty bowl of chili that came with exceptional cornbread.

The salads coming of of the kitchen looked great and there is a dessert case with some killer looking options, including vegan "cheesecake" which we were unfortunately too full to sample.

The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (except no dinner on Sundays). Check out the menus on the website. We were there for lunch on a weekday and the place was quite busy. Despite that, after we placed our order at the counter, the food was brought to our table promptly.

The dining room is a very attractive space, much nicer than I anticipated given its shopping center location. It's located in a building at the northwest corner of the Campbell Plaza shopping center. (Other restaurant options in the same building include a noodle shop, an ice cream shop, and Sauce, an upscale pizza restaurant.)

Most lunches are about $6. We'll be coming back here often.

Open Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Comments