Wayward Winds Lodge

707 West Miracle Mile, Tucson, Arizona, 85705, United States
Otel.com

More about Tucson

Bisbee, Arizona - 82 miles southeast of TucsonBisbee, Arizona - 82 miles southeast of Tucson

X-43X-43

Reid Park ZooReid Park Zoo

CCC MuseumCCC Museum

Day Trip in Tucson

by deacs

Hi all,

This is last minute, but I just found out I'll have a day in Tucson tomorrow before I head out to LA to finish off a business trip. I arrive in Tucson at noon.

Can anyone recommend any must sees in Tucson? I enjoy out doorsey stuff, but hiking may take too much time....maybe a short hike? I also like to buy local art from places I visit.

Food recommendations?

I know I'm asking a lot and at the very last minute, but I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Day Trip in Tucson

by AcornMan

You could go to the Saguaro National Park. There area actually two: One to the east of the city and the other to the west. I don't know which would be better though. Here are some web sites:

Re: Day Trip in Tucson

by brotherleelove

Ask around for directions to Reddington Pass. It's a favorite hiking area east of town. Drive east out Speedway Blvd to N. Wentworth Road, turn left to E.Reddington Rd., turn right and drive east to the end of the road.

Travel Tips for Tucson

Vertical take-off !!

by mht_in_la

This AV-8C, or called Harrier, is made in U.K. by British Aerospace. It has the ability to take-off and land vertically like a dragonfly, so it's used by the Navy where they don't have too many runways.

La Paloma Golf Club

by ATXtraveler

If you need an excuse to break away from meeting in the typical hotel, and like to play golf, I would highly recommend the La Paloma Golf Club.

On my last trip to Tucson, I was able to enjoy one of the nicest rounds of golf I had played in a while.

I took a customer who was a member here, and since I was staying at the hotel, I was able to secure a $50 tee time.

Wonderful desert views, and beautiful greens are what impressed me here. Clubs are available, but I always like playing with my own clubs.

4th North Avenue

by matcrazy1

I was driving around Tucson looking for a place to stop to drink a coffee. First I stopped on Congress Street and I found a nice looking place but it was... a club (5$ entry fee per person hehe).
So I drove around and finally I found 4th North Avenue located just outside (north) of Tucson downtown. It's a wide street with a lot of ground floor pubs, restaurants, bars, clubs - a kind of entartainment street more for locals than for tourists, I suppose. It's cheaper area than downtown and quite a lot of locals were there. So I followed them.

Some People Come Here Just for the Restaurant

by KimberlyAnn about Ocotillo Café

The Ocotillo Café, is located at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. The restaurant offers gourmet, SW Sonoran cuisine dining, and is open for lunch from 11 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. January through April, with dinner being served Saturdays June – September. Reservations may be needed during the busy season. I had a wonderful salmon with a mango salsa, sliced squash, Spanish rice, and a caramelized banana wrapped in a crepe with whip cream and fresh berries for dessert. Everything was excellent. Check out their web site for current menu offerings. If you are visiting in the summer a summer dinner menu maybe found at :
www.desertmuseum.org/visit/menu_ocotillo_summersaturday.html

Bistro Zin,

by Jonurse about Bistro Zin,

The restaurant is small, elegant, and has a nice busy hum of conversatio going. the food is well prepared and presented, the staff courteuos and attentive. The somellier is great..he really knows his stuff. This place has the best wine list, and of course the most sinful deserts! The lamb chops, and the duck

Comments