Westward Look Resort

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Beautiful View and Great atmosphere

The Westward Look Hotel and resort is definitely a Tucson must try resort. The bar off the lobby can be quite fun and the atmosphere is more pleasant and energetic than a lot of the other luxury resorts in town. The rooms are very comfortable and the service impeccable. I would choose this place over any other, if I wanted a view of the city at night. The horseback riding and desert surrounding it is beautiful and the location is perfect. Up on Skyline out of the city, not too far from Oracle or Campbell two of the major north west city streets.

I caught a picture of the mountains with snow on them on Dec 30th of this past year.

Unique Quality: Great views, fun bar, horseback riding.

Directions: I10 east on Ina Rd. Look Left after you cross Oracle (major road)

• Iseeyou's Profile Photo

Westward Look was an all around treat

Westward Look Resort was our lodging for the last 5 days (Tues-Sunday). I was seeking a bit of an 'R & R' getaway for my travel companion who was attending 3 family events in 3 days and promised to be emotionally laden for her. It worked well for me and for her.

Unique Quality: I found the setting spectacular--in the north Tucson foothills in a nice neighborhood with easy 20 minute access downtown via Oracle and Whole Foods, Safeway, Walgreens, and more boutique eateries and shops less than 2 minutes away. Resort is a historic holdover from magnificent family home from early in the 1900s. Our room #290 featured two queen beds, desk, leather couch, 2 oversized upright chairs, small refrigerator, 2 separate sink areas, and large glass/tile walk in shower with sky light. Oh, and a small balcony with nicer chairs and small table for two gave nice views to the south of downtown city lights and the Rincon distant mountains. Parking was sufficient. Work out area nice and two regular sun and fun pools. Walking trails paved and gravelled was pleasant for me in morning light and twilight. The meditation stone lined labrynith was an usual but unexected pleasant few minutes diversion, too. Breakfast was excellent local fare with lots of supportive staff. I cannot speak to musical entertainment or lively bar action since my attention was on events elsewhere.

I enjoyed rising early to watch and listen to various wildlife just below: jackrabbits, hummingbirds, doves, cardinals, sparrows, various lizards, and more. May's weather was pleasantly warm and offered a vast array of seaonally blooming catcus, trees, and other plants on the grounds. Was it much more than a hotel/motel? Oh, yes! It is the kind of place visitors fondly return to. The front desk staff say they receive many international guests and the rental car agent said it is a destination stay for many of its customers. I can understand why. It is not a budget location--but it is very approachable for many. It's website fairly presents the actual experience available. You'll need a car but probably want one to see the other activities in the area anyway.

Directions: Nice neighborhood. Easy 20 minute access downtown via Oracle. Whole Foods, Safeway, Walgreens, more boutique eateries/shops less than 2 minutes away.

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Beautiful Views

Have stayed here multiple times and am always left with same experience. Others seem to like it much more than I do. It does have beautiful views and grounds. It is not as mass production mediocre as the other nearby hotels. The service is very good.

Unique Quality: Beautiful views and good service. Fun little bar on site.

Directions: North Central/West Tucson on Sunrise
    Nicely withdrawn from the main roads but not hard to find.

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

Beautiful Views / Older Resort

This was my first stay at the Westward Look Resort. It is a nice older resort in North Tucson near Ina Road. Our room was in a sort of condo-like complex within walking distance to the hotel lobby and amenities.

There is a pool and hot tub available however we did not use them. They have a nice bar that featured live music on a Saturday night. It was packed. We could not hold a conversation so we moved out to one of the lobby areas near a fireplace. It was very pleasant. Drinks were good and they did not skimp on the alchohol.

The resort is clean but older. We had a problem with our toilet. The chain kept coming off and we had to call maintenance. They came right away and fixed it. There was some noise in our room in the middle of the night that sounded like water running through a shower. It was pretty loud.

We had breakfast in their restaurant in the morning and it was pleasant but average.

Unique Quality: Beautiful grounds with nice Sonoran desert plants. Close to the mountains and close to Ina Road and Speedway.

We had a corporate rate of $129 per night.

• ms_molly's Profile Photo

Great Smaller Resort

Very nice hotel. It is not like the other large resorts in the area but smaller and more personal. The service is great. There are two types of rooms. I have stayed in both and prefer the more expensive room because of the sitting area. The walls are so solid - you cannot hear a thing. I loathe grass in the desert, so unnatural! The Westward Look has some great desert landscaping.

Unique Quality: Has one maybe two pools. Excellent views. Great beds with nice sheets (no cotton blend here). However, the mini-bar items are pricey - bordering on criminal...$2.50 for a pint of water. Save some money and drop by the Walgreens or Safeways down the street.

The restaurant in the hotel is very good. I have had a number of meals there...fantastic.

Directions: Located on the Northwest side of Tucson.

• If you want to be fancy try...

If you want to be fancy try any of the resorts. If you are travelling with a dog then The Westward Look Resort on Ina is one of the most dog friendly places! There are hotels by the freeway (Grant and I-10)where my parents and my future in lawas have happily stayed..In the summer months the resorts usually have special deals, so check out their websites..(Loews Ventana Canyon, Westin La Paloma, Westward Look).
    It really varies from season to season.

Unique Quality: They are all resorts...so they have everything! The restaurants are all excellent!

Directions: Loews Ventana Canyon is just off Sunrise
    La Paloma is on Sunrise
    Westward Look is on Ina Rd

More about Westward Look Resort

Golf and great food

by kwaichang about Westward Look Resort

This resort has golf as a draw but don't forget there are plenty of ranges in Tucson. The resort has a fantastic dining room and service is top notch. A large pool with ample deck space is also a plus.

Great location, beautiful views, great room! We'll be back!

We spent only 1 night at Westward Look, near Skyline Drive, overlooking the city lights of Tucson, and we left wanting to stay much longer! Westward Look Resort's grounds are lushly covered with dense, native, Sonoran Desert plants, flowers and trees. From our balcony, we had incredible views of the mountains and desert. Wildlife was all around us, including bunnies and a wide variety of birds. Hiking and riding trails meander throughout the property, skirting near some neighboring homes on the edges of the resort, but also taking us into the desert. We delighted to see the riders on horseback in the distance, including 1 guy on horseback talking on his cell phone! John Wayne would have rolled over in his grave! The room was spacious, clean and well appointed with a Southwestern motif. The furniture and bedding were top quality and very comfortable! The bathroom was huge and decorated in Mexican tiles with designs that reminded me of a Spanish hacienda. Everything worked perfectly. The next morning, we had breakfast on the terrace off the Gold Room restaurant near the lobby. I don't know if it was the incredible ambiance or the quality of the food, but I thought it was one of the best breakfasts I ever ate. Thank you, Westward Look for a relaxing, wonderful time! We'll be back!

Will return!

We spent the week between Christmas and New Year's at the Westward Look. Rooms are nice & large, bathrooms are large. Beautiful setting at the base of the Catalina Mountains and near a great hiking trail in Pima Canyon. Enjoyed the path around the resort. Fitness room is a joke, but who needs it with the mountains right there! The one night we ate in the bar & grille, service was bad (but it was Christmas!) Order breakfast the night before if you want room service...ensures great service in the morning. Wonderful spa! We would stay there again.

Great Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Dentist

We stayed at Westward Look for 4 nights. Everything was great. The rooms were large, grounds and scenery fantastic, and the Gold Room had wonderful food.

Comments