Grand Motel Williams

Satisfaction Average

More about Grand Motel Williams

A nice base for Grand Canyon

by TripAdvisor Member kakijalan

Having read all wonderful reviews, I was not disappointed when I stayed there recently.
Sure the hotel looks a bit old, but the amenities were good and the rooms comfortable. Wonderful breakfast spread too. The rooms were equipped with microwave, fridge, cable tv.

The best thing about the hotel were the hosts. They made you feel like you are their personal house guests. The pins on the world map which shows the guests they have had is a testament of the popularity of this charming place.
Way better than staying at a motel chain and at these prices, it was a bargain too.

Will definitely recommend to friends and families.

Nostalgia Personified: The Grand Motel of Williams, AZ

Tunes from the 40's filled the air as we stepped out of our Mustang and climbed the few steps into the office of the Grand Motel in Williams, Arizona. From the moment the screen door's springs sounded, and "Lucy" the "Queen kitty of the Grand Motel" greeted us, we felt welcomed...of course, Bob the motel's proprieter runs a close second to "Lucy" when it comes to a friendly greeting.

In his red Hawaiin shirt, Bob's appearance is larger than the happiest pieces of life itself, as he made it a point to show us 2 rooms he had available in this Motel Motor Court from days gone by. We immediately chose #7...with it's pink-tiled bathroom, trimmed in turquoise, it brought me back to my childhood home...also the room held pieces of the past with some of it's furniture...from the high-boy with it's flowered porcelain knobs, to it's little desk and chair straight from the 40's...and the closet's glass doorknobs.

3 mornings of Continental breakfasts on the sunny center patio of this motel had us visiting with Bob, "Lucy" and other temporary residents of this establishment. Aside from our planned trip to the Grand Canyon, Bob came equipped with a plethora of information concerning sidetrips from Sedona, to Jerome...to Prescott...even drawing out a little map with highlights on what to look for in each town and along the way...These things he shared during our breakfast chats...also giving us recommendations of the eating establishments in the small town of Williams...where, I might add, Bob was "right on the money!"

We loved our stay in the Grand Motel in Williams, AZ, and should we ever have the opportunity to travel that way again, we will surely make plans to stay once again in our little room #7.

'Grand' is an Understatement!

by TripAdvisor Member cbcolin

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Motel at the beginning of the month. We have stayed at the Grand Motel approximately 9 time ove the last 14 years or so. Before this trip we discovered that the Grand Motel had changed owners. I cringed at the idea that the old motel might suffer the same fate as hundreds of other lovely little privately owned "mom and pop" motels across the country. We try our best to stay at independent motels and hotels when we travel - we like to patronize private owners NOT corporations. Anyway, my husband and i were worried about the possibility that the Grand Motel might no longer be so "Grand."

Our hearts, however, were relieved once we arrived in Williams, AZ. The new owners (Mr. and Mrs. Kelley) were lovely and the motel was as homey as ever. We are Route 66 fans and travel the old road as often as we can. Williams, Arizona and the Grand Motel will continue to be a favorite stop on our trips.

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Kelley!

not worth the money

my mom and i stayed for 2 nites in june, there is hardly anything grand about the grand
hotel is pretty, with nice foyer,
unfortunatly we had a room facing the street, and because of the clean nite air kept the windows open, all night into the early am large buses, and
bus drivers in and out at all hours of the nite, with the air brakes, made for long nite.
food at the hotel was very good, and good entertainment. which is a plus
but the room is nothing grand, and the sheets , pillows need replacement
they were shall we say well worn, and "nubby"
it was a disappointment,
kinda wished we had stayed else where for the money, i really thought
this would be alot better

A simple but sweet place

by TripAdvisor Member cindycal

We traveled to Williams to enjoy the Grand canyon and surroundings. My family expected a grand hotel, but once they arrived at the small but charming town they understood it was a motel and were comfortable with the rooms. Bob the owner was very attentive and and ready to please his guests. We got a comfortable, simple and clean room, where we only stayed to sleep. The breakfast was simple but plentifull; cereals, muffins, cupcakes, oatmeal, fresh fruit, juice and milk. Bob was a great host with lots of helpfull information which helped us enjoy the area. I recommend this motel because you get your moneys value.

Great mom and pop motel

by TripAdvisor Member Gatordaddy

We stayed in the three bedroom, and it was the most spacious accommodation of our entire West trip. Clean and quaint. Very friendly folks run the place. Walk to shops and restaurants in a neat little town.

Very Decent for the price paid

by TripAdvisor Member osk77

satyed there for a night in July. Perhaps i was expecting more from the reviews I read here.

The owners are nice and fiendly, the motel is clean and decent. Anyhow don't expect much more, old room and furniture. I would say it's a good compromise for spending a night or two, but not more. You get what you pay for.

One of the best

by TripAdvisor Member Canadiankiwi

I handeled the booking and after the phone call knew I was on to something good. So helpful. Made our stay in Williams eventful and with thorough knowledge knew the best restuarants and entertainment. So much help.

The room was clean few things wrong but nothing worth making a complaint about. Have stayed in a lot worse and paid a lot more. Would recommend highly. There were no busses or noise in fact very quiet until the train left. Great western show in Williams. Recommended highly.

Friendly and well-priced

by TripAdvisor Member serap

We stayed at the Grand Motel whilst we were visiting the Grand Canyon, and while the motel itself was fine, Williams is a very small town and I think we would have been happier staying nearer the canyon in Tusyan. Saying that, you wouldn't get anything as well priced as this so near to the Canyon, and the Grand Motel was a very friendly place. Bob, the owner, is very helpful and told us all the places to go and not to go in Williams! The cat, Lucy was also very friendly and breakfast on the patio was nice. Someone from a neighbouring motel walked passed and came and looked at the breakfast spread and said it was so much better than hers that she would bring her children to the Grand in future.

Super great grand motel, a step back in time

Stayed in this hotel after reading the comment on tripadvisor and the motel is really great! Very clean rooms, great owner and the queen of the grand motel was really sweet ( Lucy the cat). Breakfast in the morning on the patio was really great an a lot to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who travel on the route 66 or visiting the grand canyon. I would stay again!

Comments