48 West Highway 264, Window Rock, Arizona, 86515, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Quality Inn Navajo Nation Capital

Have a Navajo Taco....

by dacrites about The Navajo Nation Inn

The food and service was great. I had a Navajo Taco...which is made with frybread rather than tortillas. Add red or green chile sauce to spice it up! I chose the red, which was delicious.

Ordering the Mutton (lamb) Stew and Fried Bread

by siouxzanne2002 about Navajo Nation Inn Restaurant

The restaurant serves a variety of dishes. They serve cultural (navajo tacos, lamb, etc), american, some italian (pasta) and mexican dishes. The atmosphere is pleasant and calm, decorated with native american pottery,. traditional rugs weaved from wool and oil paintings of the Navajo Nation. It's a 'must see' to experience the cultural aspects of our people. Native American fried bread with mutton stew or ribs.

Navajo tacos....

by dacrites about Navajo Nation Inn

The food was wonderful. Navajo Taco....a taco using frybread rather than tortillas. Great tasting! Be sure to ask for red or green chile sauce.

Southwest Adventure '02 ~ Window Rock, AZ

by dacrites

"Wednesday ~ July 10, 2002"

Located on the Navajo Reservation, this was a great town for shopping, eating, and seeing a musuem.

Places to stop & see:

~ The Navajo Nation Musuem
~ The Navajo Arts & Crafts Emporium
~ Eat at the Navajo Nation Inn Restaurant
~ Take photos at Window Rock formation, in the Tribal Park

For more photos on Window Rock....see my Travelogues at the bottom of my Arizona page.

Window Rock formation

Window Rock Tribal Park; Navajo Nation Veteran's Memorial Park

Deb's Arizona Page

by dacrites

I've been to Arizona several times as a child, which I don't recall a whole lot about, but I do remember visiting the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest, as well as visiting an uncle in Flagstaff.

And, although I've flown into Phoenix as a layover stop on flights heading elsewhere....this year is the first time as an adult that I've done any traveling in the state. I know I will definitely be heading back....especially to Canyon de Chelly, which I completely fell in love with. I would like to go back and visit the Grand Canyon as an adult, as my childhood memories are somewhat vague.

It's a great state for shopping, food, sightseeing. My decorating style at home is a combination of Southwestern, Native American & Western....so needless to say, I enjoyed shopping! I also love Mexican and Southwestern cuisine...albeit on the milder side of things....and it a great state to satisfy that.

*Be sure to check out the Travelogues at the bottom of the page for photos from my Southwestern Adventure Vacation 2002.

Also, be sure to check out my Canyon de Chelly page, and the Travelogues at the bottom of it for lots of great photos.

Hope you all enjoy!

"Wednesday ~ July 10, 2002"

Window Rock, AZ was my first stop on my Southwest Vacation for 2002. I really liked this small town, which is located on the Navajo Reservation. I would love to come back here to visit someday.

Stopped by the Navajo Musuem, which was interesting, then went to Window Rock Memorial Park. Stopped by the Navajo Arts and Crafts Emporium and did some shopping, as well as an outdoor flea market...where I got a great deal on a turquoise and sterling silver watch made by the Zuni Pueblo. After my shopping I had lunch, a Navajo taco (taco on frybread rather than tortillas), at the Navajo Nation Inn. It was a nice several hours in Window Rock.

"Wednesday ~ July 10, 2002"

After visiting Window Rock...headed to Canyon de Chelly National Monument near Chinle. A must see stop for everyone!

*Please see my Canyon de Chelly page....and the Travelogues at the bottom of it...lots of photos!*

Comments