3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

19985 S. Doc Holliday Road, P.O. Box 580, Yucca, Arizona, 86438, United States

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Horse people need apply

About 11 miles of dirt road off of I-40 in the middle of the Arizona desert lies a "hidden gem." While horseback riding is not my idea of fun it is for my wife and daughter. Thus I wandered the desert for a few days while my wife enjoyed desert trail rides.

The Stagecoach Trails ranch is quite nice. Thier motto "you arrive as guests and leave as family" is pretty close to fact. They do everything they can to make you feel at home.

The ranch can handle groups up to 40 people. There were at least 30 there when we visited with more arriving as we left. One couple from Germany had been there 10 times in the past years.

Unique Quality: Very good food. If you have food alergies, inform them ahead of time and they'll try to accomodate.

They cater to people of all ages and athletic capabilities. They are especially are able to handle people with mobility issue.

Directions: Exit I-40 on Santa Fe Road. Turn left and follow the directions provided by the ranch. DON'T use a GPS as many of the dirt roads through the desert are not mapped and those that are mapped don't always exist.

More about Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch

A Perfect Gift

Trip was given to my wife and I as birthday gifts (five days apart) - We had the greatest time ever.
Not one statement in the brochure is mis-leading. Everything was as stated. We were truly treated as family by the entire staff. As novice riders, we cannot recommend highly enough. God willing, we will difinitely try and make a return trip.

Outstanding stay.

My wife, daughter aged 14 and I stayed at Stagecoach Trails in August. As soon as you approach the ranch you get a good feeling seeing the horses and immaculate surroundings. From first arrival until departure you are made welcome and feel part of the family. The service and food are excellent as are the rooms. Everything about the ranch is fantastic and has proved to be the highlight of our holiday. We only stayed 3 nights but wished it had been longer. Carrie, Dan and the rest of the team make you feel so at home and relaxed. The horses are well behaved and in great condition. When out on the rides you are well informed of the local knowledge and interseting sights pointed out. (Thanks Debbie). The evening rides are spetacular with glorious sunsets. The pool and jacussi are a welcome relief in the afternoon. We are already planning our return for a longer period. I cannot praise Stagecoach Trails more highly. If you go you will have a great time.

Best Vacation I ever had

This was by far the most enjoyable, relaxing and peaceful vacation I have had in a long time. At first upon arriving at the ranch - we were greeted warmly and given a tour of the place. The food was incredible thanks to Randy, their cook, the sunsets were beautiful, the wranglers and horses were a lot of fun. I've never rode a horse before and before long - they had us loping (cantering) on the horses - which I admit was a bit scary & fun. We went out for a night ride the last night which was awesome.

The pool was a refreshing treat to hang out during the day and catch the sunshine. We stayed a full week and were very sad to leave. I cannot wait until the next time I can go back. The Arizona sun can be extremely hot - but well worth it. We took a road trip out to the Grand Canyon and the town of Oatman - which were nice places to visit and were within driving distances.

When I arrived home to NJ I came home to dark, cloudy rainy skys - I miss the ranch already. Carrie & Dan and the entire crew are just so warm, friendly and accomodating. I also enjoyed socializing with the other guests, as so many people were coming from all over the world. If you are thinking of visiting a dude ranch - please visit STGR.

Wow Wow Wow!!

If there were a rating higher than "Excellent," the Stagecoach Ranch would merit it. As a family who has traveled around the world, we found this place oustanding in every detail. Just as advertised. A relaxing place, with a beautiful backdrop, far away from hussle and bussle. It looks just like the pictures that hooked us to go. Clean as a whistle and very spacious accomodations with quality furnishings. The "staff" is really one big family. In fact, at times we felt more like family than guests. Riding horses, shooting billiards or shooting the breeze; doing some star gazing after dinner, finding desert toads, lounging poolside or reading a book. There was something for everyone. The only rule was "common courtesy." A perfect, no hassles place!!! These are some of the nicest, hardest working people we have ever met. They made our stay truly memorable.

By far the best vacation ever!!!!

My family and I had been to a similar ranch before, owned and operation by a respected ranch with very high ratings. I wanted to go back, but my wife suggested that we go to STGR. Yet another time when I'm glad I listened to my wife!!! The owners, the kitchen staff, the trailhands, even the dogs, cats and horses (!!) did everything they could to make us feel wonderful and important and valued. The trails were well marked, the staff did a great job of matching our skill level with the trails and the types of rides, and they talked to us as if we were people they wanted to get to know, not just another guest and another room filled, another horse to lead. They love their horses, and they care for each one with great love and concern. They had one horse who had contracted cancer (I think) and it would have been easy for them to put the horse down, saying that they could not afford the overhead of feeding and grooming it. Instead, though they could not let anyone ride it and it was useless in breeding, they cared for it as if it were any other horse. I was very, very impressed. Accommodations were very good and the AC was not of the window variety, but central air and quite effective. Beds were comfortable and firm. And the food!!!! All you could eat, and it was absolutely wonderful, a great variety every lunch and expertly prepared and presented. Yeah, I want to go back, because I can't see how it could be done any better.

Complaints? Two. First, of course, is the road. Nothing they can do about it, but if you go, be careful and don't get going too fast, because the bumps sneak up on you. Second, it is all the way across the country from me, and I can't go whenever I want. It would be nice if they had laundry, as the nearest "town" is a decent drive away, but I needed to get some stuff anyway, so it didn't bother me. People in town were very nice as well.

Go here. You will love it. I mean it.

Heaven on Earth

I was taken to Stagecoach trails by a UK TV show called GMTV to fulfill my dream of riding with cowboys. I was a bit apprehensive and didn't expect to be able to get around the ranch, as I use a wheelchair and crutches. When we pulled up and I saw the place I was amazed, I could do things as easily as any able bodied person.

The horses are amazing so calm. I ride here in Scotland, but felt totally at one with my horse Navaho at the ranch, I wasn't scared of falling off, and my wrangler Richard filled me with confidence so at the end of my first ride I was loping!

Will definately be back, even if it's just for the food!

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Nothing but The Best

I wanted to write this review as soon as we returned home the first week of October 2005, but you know how that goes. We fortunately had time to relax on our vacation, not after returning to work. The folks at the Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch have to be some of the greatest and hardest working people we've met. My son Josh said it best, "Hey Dad, they really did treat us like family". Time to relax, have fun, and be quiet if you wished, all in one place. At times, we felt we were the only ones around. Spectacular views, rides, and food await. We meet other guests from everywhere it seemed: from England to Italy--all great! I particularly thank "Railroad Jim" for the history leason. Trey and Julie were great hosts/guides and really made our experience special. Thanks guys. Hope to see you again. YeeeeHaaaaaw

Award Winner

by TripAdvisor Member Ourreggie

Travelers Choice award winner. Just returned from another stay at Stagecoach Trails and noticed that they received two 2005 Travelers Choice Awards from Trip Advisor. Well deserved. This place is outstanding in every way. This award shows that other guests feel the same way about this place that we do. This family owned and run Ranch gets better and better everytime we visit. The entire staff makes you feel like family. They can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable. If you want a western experience with excellent riding, excellent food, excellent accomodations and unlimited relaxation, this is the place for you. This Ranch is 100% barrier free and disabled guests have access to everything on the Ranch. You meet the nicest people from all over the world while staying here. Can't wait for our return visit later this year. Congratulations on your Awards, you earned them.

Stagecoach is a Winner

In celebration of my husband's 50th birthday 16 people decended on the perfect vacation the first week of February 2006. The hospitality was fantastic, the food was out of this world (we miss you Randy), the wranglers were wonderful, the riding was fantastic, and Dan and Carrie Rynders were the perfect hosts. We felt like family and it was hard to leave this slice of Heaven that the Rynder family has created. The magic of the hospitality at the ranch made the Newman celebration a memorable experience that we are still talking about. Thank you to all the Rynder family and Richard, Trey and Julie for the most fun-filled week ever. WE WILL BE BACK. Thank you from all the Newman Clan

Comments