Hotel Lee

390 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona, 85364, United States

Satisfaction Average

• Hotel Lee sounds appealing, but skip it!

I was attending a meeting in Reno, NV and decided that on my drive from Florida I wanted to stay in nothing but historic hotels. I made plans well in advance for each hotel. I made a reservation for the Hotel Lee and when I asked about a confirmation number, email, etc. I was told that I wouldn't need one. Needless to say, when I arrived around midnight the hotel was locked up tight and there was no one around. Finally, after about 30 minutes of knocking on the front door, one of the shirtless, shoeless guests came down the stairs and opened the door to let me in. He went in the back office/room to awaken the manager who came out and told me that they were sold out. I told him that I had guaranteed a reserved room with a credit card and I was told that it wouldn't matter what time I arrived that the room would be held for me. I insisted that I had a room reservation and I showed him the email (the one that said I wouldn't need a confirmation number) and he immediately started yelling at me and calling me names (everything from 'girly' to the vulgar ones). I would never recommend this hotel to anyone - which is a shame because the idea of it is wonderful. It also is too bad that management is rude, slovenly, and just doesn't care. I would stay anywhere else!

Unique Quality: None that I could see. The lobby was shabby and the location was run down.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

Registered historic place

Lee Hotel is the oldest hotel in Yuma and has been in continuous operation since opening in 1917. It's on the National Registry of Historic Places. Located right downtown at the corner of Main and Giss Parkway, it's only one mile from Yuma Territorial Prison and Yuma Crossing. Everything is old but kept clean. The hotel doesn't seem to attract too much business, as Yuma downtown area is not very happening these days. Street parking is easy.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

The haunted Lee

I'm usually a hosteler but there's no hostel in Yuma. Then I found Lee Hotel. According to my Moon book this is the closest alternative to hostels with some rooms sharing facilities down the hall. So I went on internet to see what I can find. Guess what I found? Lee Hotel is haunted!!

When I checked in I mentioned it to the owner, and she just lightly brushed it off, "oh these are good people (ghosts)". I spent 2 nights here but didn't see a thing.

Comments