1882 Harvest House a Bed & Breakfast

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Eureka Springs

View Across The Dinning RoomView Across The Dinning Room

Chandelier with EleganceChandelier with Elegance

CAbins are scattered in the areaCAbins are scattered in the area

Inside dark wood and Mr. CArnegieInside dark wood and Mr. CArnegie

Travel Tips for Eureka Springs

Bold Advertisements

by mrclay2000

Before the age of billboards, high profile advertisers would embellish actual buildings with murals to promote their attractions. Many merchants would not only carve or raise their names in their office facades but would allow painters to coat their building-sides to garner extra attention. Many Victorian towns have since seen such murals sandblasted away in whole or in part, but many at Eureka Springs remain.

Beaver DAm

by BruceDunning

This is only about 12 miles south of town and the dam feeds hydroelectric power to the area. It is 1142 feet deep at the dam base. The White River supplies the water, and it is green as can be; very pristine. The dam covers 31,000 acres and has 489 miles shoreline. It is in the quiet area off Hwy 62 on Hwy 187

Downtown

by shdw100

Unfortunately this trip, I did not get to see much of the small downtown area since I was sick with the stomach flu. So, I decided that I would at least take a quick run downtown and snap a shot or two. There are many different shops and stores that you can buy all kinds of stuff, from fudge, to Arkansas jewelry, to clothes, art galleries, restaurants, etc. It's a neat place to walk around for a couple of hours and just window shop if you like.

In Eureka Springs you are...

by brdwtchr

In Eureka Springs you are close to Beaver Lake. We saw the lake and it looked great. We were too busy trying to take in all the sights in a short while to do much camping. Beaver lake is one of the things I plan to see more of when I make another trip to Arkansas.

Eloping with Barb and Boomer in Eureka Springs

by Shannashanna

"Short trip to Eureka Springs for Debita Wedding!"

When my friend Barb decided to skip the fuss of the formal wedding that she and her fiancee had been planning for April, we began looking for a picturesque place for she and Boomer to have a small, intimate wedding. She found out that my beloved brother-in-law had clergy credentials and we were off and running.

Though the sometimes over-the-top "God and Country-ism" of some of the Ozarks can overwhelm me a bit, the country is so beautiful that I suggested that we look for something there. The added benefit of a "no waiting" period for getting a marriage license in Arkansas made it a good choice. I remembered visiting Eureka Springs 10 years ago or so and thinking it was a charming town set in beautiful rolling Ozark hills with lakes and other attractions all around, so we checked out some websites and booked into a large cabin with accomodations for all 5 of us (the couple, the "minister" and his wife, and myself) at "Bear Mountain".

We arrived about 3:00 pm on Wednesday, December 31, got the marriage license and the clergy registration, then checked in to our cabin. We were delighted to find that the cabin was wonderful - well-appointed, beautiful views, a half-bath that we hadn't expected, but definitely needed, and fully equiped with breakfast foods in the fridge, bubble baths by the jaccuzi, and a couple of paperbacks on the bookshelf. The cabin was spotlessly clean and was still attractively outfitted with Christmas tree, wreath, and twinkling lights inside and out.

The wedding took place on a sandbar out into the White River. It was a beautifully written and performed ceremony.

We had a great trip - we spent the day on the second shopping and enjoying the city, then barbequed on the lovely deck overlooking the mountains and trees in the evening. We got up this morning and left early enough to make it home in time for me to be at work at 4:00 this evening.

I would really recommend the "Bear Mountain" cabins - lovely, immaculate, beautiful views.

Comments