Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast

46 Hillside Avenue, PO Box 386, Eureka Springs, Arkansas, 72632, United States

• Fairytale

First time writing a travel review, however I want the traveling public know what a great time my husband and I had at the Angel at Rose Hall in Eureka Springs. We were searching for a place to hold our wedding. We had visited many places to hold our event. Angel at Rose Hall had just what we had been searching for. This place is gorgeous, it is newer, made to look older. But we just loved every thing about this place. We had our wedding there, thank you Susan and Bob for doing a great job. We also stayed there during our visit in Eureka Springs. We liked the fact that they took care of all the details. We both work and had little time to plan a wedding, but with the help of Susan and her staff, our wedding and honeymoon was a perfect fairytale wedding. Best Mari and Brian

Unique Quality: Breathtaking views of the mountains form our room

Directions: Eureka Springs

• Relaxing

I just returned from a relaxing and restful stay at the Angel at Rose Hall. This was not our first visit nor will it be our last. My wife and I were married here seven years ago. Since then we have made this place our favorite home away from home. During each and every stay we were treated like family. I have special dietary needs, no problem for Bob. Thanks for the steak breakfast. You guys are the absolute greatest hosts. We love to visit Eureka Springs and Susan and Bob.Pay them a visit and you will not be the least bit disappointed.

Unique Quality: Charming and elegant

Directions: Historic District

• Relaxing and Restful

Unique Quality: The Bed and Breakfast is actually new, built to look like an older and historic structure. Stain glass, historic fireplaces,furnishings and area rugs. We normally stay in the Angel suite, we love the view of the mountains to the East. The room has all the amenities of an up scale hotel with the charm of historic property. Susan decorated al the rooms, she has the best taste.

Directions: Located in the historic city of Eureka Springs

• KimP20's Profile Photo

Very Rude

We got married there in middle Oct 2012 and was ashamed of the way Bob (the minister) acted. He told my family and guest they could not even park on their lot until time for the wedding (they arrived 15 mins before) and then when my mother got out and was in a wheelchair he told my father and husband now that she was too BIG to lift and that they didn't accomdate handicap people. First, of all she is not handicap she was waiting to have back surgery until after the wedding and was using the wheelchair to help her because she couldn't walk or stand very long at a time. We were given a bathroom to change in which is right outside the palor. Even after all of this I am very ashamed of the way she was treated and all of these people that keep saying they can't believe people would post stuff like this. Well maybe they are not this away with everyone because if it happened to you you would be upset also. The place is very nice and was done just how I wanted it so I give Susan props for her end of everything.

Unique Quality: Old and very pretty

Directions: very hard to find

More about Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast

Simply love the Angel at Rose Hall

by TripAdvisor Member LOVTRAVEL95

My Husband and I recently visited the Angel at Rose Hall. We simply loved our stay. We both have spent a great deal of time though out the years traveling to Bed and Breakfast. We found this facility every thing we had hoped for. In fact we feel this is one of the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed in. Our room was very large and comfortable. The view from our room and balcony was incredable. We had a view of the mountains to the East. The breakfasts that were served were far beyond what we expected. Susan and Bob are not only talented in the kitchen but are also great fun to be around. You can tell they both love running this house and enjoy having guests in their home. The Angel in our opinion is Simply the best any traveler can hope for.

The Perfect Package

by TripAdvisor Member The_Newlywed

My husband and I chose the Angel at Rose Hall for our wedding reception and honeymoon. They offer stress free packages that take care of almost anything. The house is beautiful, the rooms are very romantic, and the food is great. The owner is a delight to work with and very efficient with the wedding details. I would recommend the Angel at Rose Hall to anyone.

Sadly Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member LAKELOVER100

We stayed at the Angel for my birthday this past weekend. I had purchased a package for my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary one year and 6 months ago. BE AWARE when buying a gift certificate they impose a one year expiration on it...even though it does NOT say so on the actual certificate or website.

Due to many reasons they were unable to use the package that August for their 50th anniv. which my sister and I paid over $600 for. The package included two nights lodging in the finest room, a small cake, a buggy ride, dinner at a nice local restaurant and trolly passes and a cookbook. The gift certificate, after careful examination of the paper copy and reviewing the website, does NOT contain an expiration date. However, when my parents called and were forced to cancel their reservations they were told they had one year to use the gift certificate. They were unable to do so due to health issues, etc.

My husband and I had talked about it and I decided to try to speak with the owner to see where they stood. We were hoping someone would get SOMETHING out of all the money spent. and it is a Christian B&B. She said she would allow us to stay two nights in a room, but would not honor the rest of the items. She also told us we could only utilize it this one particular weekend because they happened to have other guests at that time. At the time I was grateful just for what I could get. She did not even honor the higher priced room I had paid for, instead giving us the room one step down.

The Inn is a beautiful structure with fine furnishings. I have to say for the $200 per night cost, I was disappointed with everything else. It's nearly February and the Christmas trees and all the decorations are still up, not lit but not put away. There was never coffee brewed when we arose. We scavaged for instant coffee on the "convenience bar" we were told we could use. It contained two dirty glass jars that had little morsels of cookies left in them that were supposed to be for the guests. Some nuts sat out in a plastic container as the other "snack". There were dirty dishes in the sink, no extra toilet paper in the bathroom in our room. I had to scavage for that also. The linens on the beds were clean but terribly wrinkled. There was no ambience, no lights lit at night, no music playing...it just was nowhere near what I have experienced at much less expensive B&Bs. The inn keepers themselves we were told were out of town for a few weeks. The housekeeper was a wonderful young lady who did get there in time to prepare a breakfast for us the next day and tried to be as helpful as she could.

We met a lovely couple staying at the Inn for one night also. They had stayed at the Inn at Rose Hall next door and found it to be much more quaint. She also said she had never been in a B&B of this caliber where there was no coffee brewing, no little snacks and so little warmth either.

I can say that at least I was able to have a roof over our head for two nights and Eureka is a LOVELY lovely town. Was it worth the $600 we had paid...no way. There are many beautiful places to stay in this quaint little town. And, I learned a valuable lesson about purchasing gift certificates and paying up front for services at that level.

In her defense, I think the owner truly thought she was really doing something nice by even letting us stay. Hopefully they will add the "expiration" to the web and to the actual gift certificates.

Charm and Elegance of the Angel

by TripAdvisor Member RosemaryDromedary

My husband and I spent a special weekend at the Angel at Rose Hall. It was our Wedding Anniversary. It was our first visit and The Angel was the epitome of grace and elegance. Our host and hostess were simply charming and more than accommodating to our every wish. During our visit we stayed in The Angel Suite whichoverlooks East Mountain. It was a romantic dream come true as we sat together on the porch swing sipping champagne and holding hands just like we did 25 years ago. The air was always filled with the aroma of freshly baked cookies, breads and gourmet coffee and each evening our pillows were decorated with imported chocolates. We are planning our return next autumn and each and every year as our stay was everything we hoped it would be. We love you Susan and Bob.

One of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed and wonderful staff!

by TripAdvisor Member Peach117

I participated in a wedding this past weekend held at this wonderful Victorian Bed and Breakfast and it was everything and more that we could have imagined. Susan and her husband and staff made the wedding and our stay most pleasant. They took care of all of the arrangements for the wedding and suggested great restaurants and were helpful in everything we needed. The rooms were immaculate, amazing in decor and comfortable. The food at breakfast was like eating at a 5 star restaurant. I would reccommend this for weddings, anniversaries, or just any quiet trip to Eureka Springs. Thank you Susan, your husband and staff.

Valentine Wedding at the BEST Christian B&B

by TripAdvisor Member travel2love

Everyone wants the perfect wedding and honeymoon….and that is what we had at Angel at Rose Hall. If you are looking for a Christian B & B with the most gracious hosts, Bob and Susan provide it.

They have every detail so well thought out. The ceremony was perfection. Our wedding cake (provided by our hosts) was so beautiful. The table, the lighting, the music, everything was superior.

When we arrived Susan gave us a tour of their gorgeous home. The ambience of the B&B is noteworthy, as is the breakfast with the beautiful dishes and all the amenities of home at your convenience anytime; snacks, soft drinks, a variety of coffee and teas, fresh fruit, homemade cookies and brownies. As I have said, every detail that a guest might want is taken care of.

I appreciate the fact that only those staying at the B&B are allowed upstairs. This makes it much more personable and feels like you are in a home, not a hotel. Everything about the spacious room and beautiful linens ….perfect!

Thank you for sharing your home of Bob and Susan. Our wedding was the greatest!

Memorable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MrMobiusStreet

The Angel at Rose Hall one of several gorgeous B&Bs situated at the north end of the Historic District of Eureka Springs, but within walking distance of shops, galleries, and restaurants. The owners, Susan and Bob, are engaging, knowledgeable and eager to provide the best possible experience. They make you feel like you are spending a pampered weekend with dear friends. The grounds of the Inn are perfectly maintained and the rooms are impeccably clean. A visit at the Angel at Rose Hall is like staying at the Disney version of a B&B: lovely landscaping and lighting; welcoming rooms full of thoughtful amenities; luxurious linens; fabulous food you would never make the effort to prepare for yourself. We stayed in the “Gabrial” suite. It was roomy, to say the least. It came with a fireplace, king size jacuzzi, duel-spout shower-for-two, and private balcony with a swinging loveseat. Great thought and care went into the furnishing of our room. The sheets and towels were scrumptious, and the decor avoided the fussy, cluttered approach that often afflicts B&Bs. Breakfasts were sinfully good. It begins with fresh ground coffee, or tea if you prefer, “Angel Juice” [cranberry & orange juice mixture], and a cup of fresh fruit. This is followed a rich egg dish that changes each morning, complete with a serving of beacon, sausage and hashbrowns. And if that isn’t enough, a to-die-for dessert. Soft drinks and snacks are always available. Snowflake, the doggy mistress, is available for those who miss their pet pooches.

Christian Home with a wonderful atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member oliverrb

I was blessed to spend the night in the Angel Rose Room where the Statue of Christ on the hillside was lit up in the night sky. What a beautiful sight!

The room was immaculate with amenities you will not find with most other overnight accommodations. I had my own balcony, jacuzzi and cozy fireplace.

Breakfast was wonderful and I was treated to entertaining conversation by the Inn Keepers, Susan and Bob. Bob even took the time to print a map for me so I would be able to take a shorter route home.

I highly recommend The Angel at Rose Hall to anyone, especially if you plan to elope for your wedding. It is perfect for smaller weddings and honeymoons. The setting is gorgeous and well worth it.

Another fabulous visit to the Angel of Rose Hall

by TripAdvisor Member Warren27

My wife and I were married at the Angel almost four years ago and have returned a few times since. Our most recent stay was absolutely as magical as the first. This really is the finest lodging facility in Eureka Springs, with (very) large, clean, and modern rooms, beautifully appointed with antique furnishings.

You see, unlike most places in this category of lodging, the Angel is not just an old house retrofitted as a Bed and Breakfast -- it was designed and constructed to be one by people who had owned and operated a B&B for many years and who knew exactly what they were doing. When you visit Eureka Springs and first see that beautiful, Victorian mansion on the side of the hill, you will have only an inkling of what is in store for you.

Of course, having a first rate facility is only part of the equation. Gracious hosts provide the rest, and Susan and Bob are as good as they come. They are warm, engaging, genuine, and professional. I was astounded to find that Susan really did remember us from our visit from two years previous(!) and greeted us like old friends. I was also delighted to find a birthday cake awaiting our arrival, after having mentioned, just in passing, that we were celebrating my wife's birthday. Simply stated, they are the kind of people one would like to have as friends. My hope is that they will be there for years to come, because my wife and I will be back, again and again.

Loved the Angel at Rose Hall B&B

by TripAdvisor Member JT-FT

I was married at the Angel at Rose Hall B&B. It was a wonderful experience. Susanne was so helpful and kind in assisting us with our arrangements. The B&B is beautiful inside and out. We didn't get to stay overnight but will certainly make a return visit to stay in one of the luxurious suites.

Mrs. Taylor