Arsenic and Old Lace

Arsenic and Old Lace Bed & Breakfast Inn
Official Site Booking.com Travelocity

• InsideoutTraveler's Profile Photo

Amazing Intimate Wedding Location

I first experienced the Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast for a tiny wedding I attended two months ago. A friend of mine was finally getting married to a long-time boyfriend, and although they did not want to have a big celebration (and couldn't afford it!) they did want some kind of special ceremony.
    Arsenic & Old Lace ended up being perfect for them! I don't know how she found this place, but it was an amazing trip and a great ceremony!
    The whole thing was in the garden, really beautiful, and they got a two-night stay in the B&B as part of the wedding package, so her family and his family and me all stayed in other rooms at the B&B to help, and play and get ready for the big day! (Well, not that big!)
    So, the room I had was out of this world: I had my own walled patio and seperate entrance, and also a huge whirlpool tub! And the room was only like $125! Since I shared it with the other bidesmaid, it was like nothing! Plus, the next morning at breakfast, pretty much the whole wedding party had filled up the place, so the innkeepers were giving us all this great breakfast and it was like we were already having the party!
    I think Arsenic is a great place (although funny name!) to have a small wedding. If you want to keep it intimate, but still kinda special and maybe a little fancy, this is the right kind of venue. Plus, the bride told me it was less than $1000 and included dinner vouchers and massages and those nights in the B&B; pretty cool, if you ask me!

Unique Quality: I think what made this special was the intimate nature of the B&B. All the family and friends were renting nearly every room in the B&GB, so we were all having breakfast together, and wandering around the area together. It was nice. And the innkeepers were great! They really organized the whole thing for my girlfriend and so she got to spend the whole day before just getting beautiful.

More about Arsenic and Old Lace

Can't wait to go back now that there is new mgt.

I have been a fan of A&OL since 1994 when the owners were Gary & Phyllis. I was married there in in 1998. The B&B changed owners when we returned for our 1st anniversary in 1999 & the reviewer's comments from 11/23/03 were dead-on. We left so insulted and infuriated by the new owners that we swore we would never return; I think the petty response given by the former owners demonstrates how wrong the B&B line of business was for them. However, I am glad to learn of the new owners and can't wait to go back and revisit an old familiar home with many happy memories. We LOVE this house and hope to have many happy times to come.

Charge!

My wife and I recently went to the Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast Inn located in Eureka Springs, AR for our 8th wedding aniversary get-away weekend.

It was only our second venture at a B & B, but I can't imagine there being many others out there more nice or accomodating!

The hosts took care of all the arrangements we needed for the weekend, including roses in the room for my wife, dinner recommendations and reservations, and day spa recommendations and reservations.

In addition to the friendly hospitality, the accomodations were wonderful as well.

The room was far nicer and larger than our previous experience, and had a tremendous ambiance. It was like a stay in an old victorian room.

As an added bonus, awaiting in the room was a copy of "Arsenic and Old Lace" for viewing. There was also a video library available for the customers enjoyment.

The inn is tucked away on a beautilful hillside location, surrounded by trees. It is also within walking distance of the historic downtown Eureka Springs shopping area.

If you're looking for your next romantic get-away location -- look no further!

Had a great stay

My husband and I stayed at Arsenic and Old Lace last week and had a wonderful time. Our room was beautiful. The breakfast was so delicious and the people were so sweet. We got to watch deer and a white squirrel while we were eating in the morning. It was so relaxing and such a beautiful setting. The home is elaborate and inviting. I would recommend any of our friends to take a trip to Eureka and stay at Arsenic and Old Lace. It was so refeshing, we just wanted to stay there and not come home!

What a Wonderful Treat!

We recently spent 3 nights at the Arsenic and Old Lace Bed and Breakfast. This was our first stay in a B & B, and we were absolutely thrilled.

The food was incredible, the house was immaculate, and Doug & Beverly were excellent, gracious hosts. I highly recommend the Tree Top Suite - what a beautiful view and relaxing atmosphere. We'll definitely be back!

The Baldwins
Edmond, OK

Best in Eureka Springs!!

Arsenic and Old Lace is one of the best B&B's I have ever patronized - the host and hostess were welcoming and, assumed that if I needed something I would ask them. Many B&B's give a lenthy verbal inventory of their services (even though they are pretty obvioous to one who has stays in B&B's out of habit). Mr and Mrs Breitling correctly assumed I was road weary and need a few moments to unwind and relax - expecially easy in the most cofortable gardenand rooms of A and Old L. They also gave me a most informative and pleasant tour of Eureka Springs which, with their hositality made my stay there so very pleasant.

Perfection in B & B's! Trust me!

Hosts and Food get A+ (That would be Doug and Beverly)
Rooms get A+
Scenery, Finches, Buntings, & White,yes, White Squirrels Get A+
Peace and Quiet get an A+
Security gets an A+ (That would be Samantha)
These folks are easy to get along with, talkative when you want to talk, know when not to talk, have suggestions of where to go to find anything from doll clothes to zoo animals! Impressive!
Overall: Arsenic and Old Lace gets an A+++++

A Must Do!

Beverly and Doug are absolute dolls. My family rented the whole B&B for my wedding. A&OL was everything we could have hoped for in a B&B. I was able to stay in the Tree Top Room and I must stay, it is worth the extra money. The jacuzzi was spectacular and the shower/spa was even better.

From the breakfast to our visits from the security officer (Samantha) my family and I give this B&B a heartfelt two thumbs up. Superior quality and service. Doug even assisted my friends in finding a place to stay when almost every place in town was booked for Memorial weekend. Doug went above and beyond the call of duty and this type of service definately makes me want to visit Eureka Springs more often. THANKS!

I have never been so relaxed.

This was our first stay in a B & B, and I must say, we are hooked. Doug and Beverly are wonderful hosts, seeing to all of our details. We came away with a relaxed attitude, an appreciation of gourmet breakfasts, and a pretty firm idea of where we will be staying for all of our future visits to the area. We highly recommend this wonderful home.

A wonderful B&B that made for a great vacation.

It has been about a month since I stayed at Arsenic and Old Lace, but it was a memorable stay. The house is one of the nicest B&B's I've ever seen and the rooms were more like suites at the Hilton. If you like good company, hot tubs, wine, cookies, brownies, and beautiful scenery, then you should stay here.

Comments