Eureka Springs Hotels

Our Members Say

• WBeall profile photo WBeall
  • Reviews: 83

Can-u-Canoe: Gorgeous River view cabins

My parents, Sister, brother in law, fiance, and me all stayed in a 2 story 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom River View cabin. This is probally one of my favorite places I have ever stayed in. We felt welcomed in this cabin as soon as we arrived. You have a georgous view with a huge balcony that over looks for miles and miles. We only stayed in this cabin for one night and we wished we could have stayed longer.

3 large bedrooms with closets, 2 bathrooms (one with a Jacuzzi tub and shower) These cabins do have several different ones depending on how many people will be with you. They all have beautiful views and are far enough away from each other so you do not bother the other cabins if you want to be loud and crazy on your balcony. :)

• Related to: Family Travel, Hiking and Walking, Theater Travel
  • Written September 14, 2012

view from balcony

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alpine Lodge: Wonderful, friendly lodging!

I had stayed here with my wife some years before and recalled it was delightful. That hasn't changed. I doubt it will! A refuge from the frenetic pace of the days. Restful, relaxing, recuperative. I stayed here my last night in town after our big reunion, I so regret not having stayed here the last three days!

Quiet, friendly, leisurely. Large and modern, well-appointed rooms with plenty of amenities. Scenic outdoor overlook patio at rear of motel.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 4, 2012

Alpine Lodge at night.

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thurman's Lodge: Stay Elsewhere!!!

I booked a two-night stay by phone several days in advance, April 2012, specifying a downstairs room. When I got there, it was DOWNstairs alright: down stairs and along the back of the motel. Stupidly, I paid cash up-front before seeing the room. The whole point was, due to health issues, I didn't want to haul a bunch of junk up OR downstairs. When I requested a room on the GROUND floor - which is what most people mean when they request a downstairs room - the same manager told me he could give me one, but it was $10 MORE A NIGHT (over $68/night.) If I had any brains I would've demanded a refund there and then, but sadly I was not hitting on all cylinders. Both rooms were large boxes, NO amenities, not even a mini-fridge. I do not like shady proprietors, and especially hate contributing to their delinquency. I will never make that mistake again! My last night in town I went to the Alpine Inn, much nicer, MUCH cheaper, much more friendly, more amenities!

Shady manager. WAY over-priced. Soviet factory ambiance. Cost over $68/night - $68 MORE than it was WORTH!

• Written May 3, 2012

Hellhole

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Livingston Junction Cabooses and Station: Little Caboose That Could...and DID! *WOW!!*

The only reason Livingston Junction doesn't get a 10 is the scale only goes to 5! This place is AMAZING, but you'll just have to experience it yourself. And I give it my highest recommendation that you do. This place blew me away!

I only stayed in Caboose 101. There is also 102 & 103 - as well as the "Junction Depot."

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 2, 2012

Driveway to Caboose 101.

White River Cabins: Sunset Cabin - Cozy Inside

Very satisfying. Great comfort and respite.

See my ramblings on the "Mountain Sojourn" entry for the White River Cabins.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography, Family Travel
  • Written April 27, 2012

White River Cabins: Mountain Sojourn

Wonderful setting, magnificent surroundings, quiet seclusion. There are several cabins with different features, capacities, and prices. But I would hazard to submit they would all be well-worth the price. I chose the Sunset Cabin, which would suit us just fine. The only time I saw the proprietors was at check-in and check-out in the office, which was just as I would have it. But they were just a hop, skip, and jump away. I have no doubt I could've reached them immediately if necessary. Everything was provided except food and drinks, including a wide array of cooking utensils. There was also a heavy-duty charcoal grill just below the covered sittin' porch. The TV was a mystery, but who goes to Eureka to watch TV?
*One note for coffee drinkers (which I'm not) ... BRING COFFEE! ... IT is not provided. I think this is an important notice to coffee lovers. But I think those who're really serious about that prefer their own anyhow!

Like Barack, part of my job is to scout for future vacation sites for my wife and I. Only, I do it on MY dime! Hey! Come to think of it, he does it on MY dime, too! Anyhow, White River Cabins easily pass the "acid test." The only thing missing was her! --- I'm sorry: I took a number of interior photos of the cabin, but I don't know what happened to them! (Found 'em! On another SD card. I'll do another entry re interiors.) Luckily, at the website they have good exterior/interior virtual tours. And in my experience the real thing is even BETTER than what's depicted online! Good views of White River from picture windows and just down the trail behind cabin.
I stayed here 18 April 2012.

• Related to: Photography, Road Trip, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 26, 2012

The Sunset Cabin

• sgruning profile photo sgruning
  • Reviews: 1

Chantilly Lace Inn: Eureka Spring's wonderful Inn

Our stay was very relaxing and stress free. We were amazed at how spacious our suite was, it was like a mini apartment. It was a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite and was 2 stories. The decor was unique as it fit the era of what you would imagine Eureka to be in the 1800's but with today's comfort amenities. The owner was gracious and exceeded our expectations. We have stayed in both hotels, Inns and B&B's. We now prefer Inns so that we are not dependent on a schedule of when to eat, socialize, etc. We enjoyed discovering the amazing restaurants around town. A very easy stroll to downtown and the recommendations for eating were perfect. We were not disappointed. We would highly recommend this Inn.

Two bedroom suites offering 4 beds. This is hard to find for a gal's get-away, family or bridal party. Great location. Right in the historic district and easy walk into town. Private parking. Screened in back porches. Soft bath robes, always plenty of towels. It was perfect.

• Related to: Architecture, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 21, 2011

Log Cabin Inn: Wonderful and Special Accomodation

We were lucky enough to stumble on this back-street gem. The proprietor was almost apologetic when asking for $59.81 for the 2-room cabin for Brenda and Zach and me. Considering the "boxes" we'd stayed at for twice the price, we were delighted to find a treasure like this in one of our favorite towns. (By the way the dates are wrong on most of these photos. The ones that say they were taken in January 2007 were actually taken the evening of August 16, 2010.)

Personality. Besides a sitting porch entry, there are two large rooms with two large beds. The bathroom is vintage and cute. If it matters there is cable TV, a microwave, and a mini-fridge. Just outside the front door and across the street is an official stop on the Eureka Springs Trolleyline.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 2, 2010

Our cute little cabin

• justjennifer profile photo justjennifer
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sycamore Cottage: Look for Lodgining Elsewhere

We had high hopes for this place, but were very disappointed and checked out early. The cottage itself is very cute and in a nice, quiet location, but is NOT well maintained. After reading the guest book there, I could not believe that we were staying in the same cottage that others had written so favorably about. I kept thinking that it was the guest book to some other lodging, seriously! We understood that once we arrived, that there would be no housekeeping and whatnot (which was totally not a problem--we were more than happy to wash our own dishes and/or wash towels, if needed), but the condition of the place when we arrived was questionable. Before checking out, I called the management (they are not on-site) to let them know about all of the issues were were having and that we were going to find somewhere else to stay. Hopefully, they will contact the owners to let them them know how many problems we had so that some other couple won't run into the same issues and have as unpleasant a stay as we did. I wanted to post this on TripAdvisor, but they currently do not have a listing (working on that). I also have photos to load as well when I have a chance.

Issues we had during our stay:
>Floor in living area had not been vacuumed (bugs/dirt around tv area)
>mildewy/moldy smell - even after running a/c for 48 hours
>Ionic air filter was filthy - blades were black
>Mantle top was filthy
>Kettle on stove still had water in it (for who knows how long)
>Ants and Spider Issue (we had to borrow bug spray from neighbor next door--we have stayed in a cottage in a woods before, so it's not that insects are unexpected, but this was ridiculous)
>Stained blinds in living room
>Cold water handle on tub fell off during our last day
> the tub was very slow to drain.

One or two of these things probably would not have caused us to cancel our stay, but so many of them made us question the cleanliness. If we wanted to think about vacuuming floors and whatnot, we would have stayed home!

Arts and Crafts Style Cottage on historic loop near Grotto Spring.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written June 26, 2009

• BruceDunning profile photo BruceDunning
  • Reviews: 3595

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Any One You Choose: VAriety of Old CAbins Here

We did not stay at any of these, but there are quite a lot of old time cabins in town. That is the ambiance of the place. It looks like not much has changed since 1940-50's, and the cabins are still there waiting for guests. You can stay at one of the chain hotels on the strip, but the vacation trip would not be the same as remembering what the inside of a unit your parents would have stayed in is like.

The wonder of the styles and unique qualities are great to look at, and maybe stay. We chose the Matterhorn Motel because of this, on Hwy 62 and hwy 23 intersection.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture, Architecture
  • Written May 2, 2009

Log CAbin Inn-Kings Hwy and Hwy 23

• BruceDunning profile photo BruceDunning
  • Reviews: 3595

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Matterhorn as in Europe: Style is European

it was rather nice, and the manager very friendly and helpful. They have only 33 rooms and compete with others along the route. This was remodeled in 1998, and has been preserved inside the rooms, while outside grounds re-done.

It was the price an location; that is the reason most of the time for me. There are a lot of competing motels, and some chain types here, but the key is find a good location to see the sites. Price was $39 plus $5 tax. Can't beat that

• Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written May 1, 2009

Brochure of the motel

Chantilly Lace Inn: Elegance of a 1892 cottage

We had a walk along Spring Street from where we stayed in Sycamore Cottage and came across a host of inns and B&Bs.

I took a picture of Chantilly Lace which I thought looked like something out of a fairy tale.

Quiet location
Small and elegant cottage with few suites for added privacy and peace

• Written December 13, 2007

Chantilly Lace Inn, Eureka Springs

Grand Central Hotel: Oldest hotel in Eureka Springs

Built in 1883, this makes Grand Central Hotel the oldest dame in Eureka Springs. Located in Main Street itself, it's close to where all the action is as all cars come into Eureka Springs will use Main Street.

However, this can be a noisy place to stay come Harleys and/Corvette weekends.

Great location

• Written December 13, 2007

Grand Central Hotel, Eureka Springs

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sycamore Cottage: Something out of a fairy tale

We stayed at Sycamore Cottage which look like something out of a fairy tale! There were 2 cottages - a big cottage that's good for a family of 4 -5and a smaller cottage for 3 people. Since there were 3 of us, we opted for the smaller cottage which comes with a queen bed in a bedroom and sleeper sofa in the living room.

Set in a wooded area on quiet Spring Street and part of the Historic Loop, Sycamore Cottage is charming, cosy and comfortable. It's also right next to a trolley stop and within walking distance to shops.

US$150 per night. Definitely will come back to stay here.

Sycamore Cottage feels like home with its self-contained facilities of kitchen, washer and dryer, jacuzzi tub, lovely living room with fireplace.

Love the garden and trees with ample space to park. We even saw wild deers at night as we took a walk around the neighbourhood.

Most of all, love the peace and quiet here which cannot be found if you stay on the main streets of Eureka Springs especially during Harleys weekends

• Written December 4, 2007

Sycamore Cottage (small)

• imlikeabird profile photo imlikeabird
  • Reviews: 65

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kettle Campgrounds: Sleep in a teepee

I've always wanted to sleep in a teepee and this was my opportunity. It was in late October 2006, and it was a little crisp out, but overall a great experience. What I found remarkable was the fact that you could see the sky through the top of the teepee, but when it rained that night not a drop came in.

It was very roomy inside.

You can also bring an RV or tent, or rent a cabin. We left early and didn't check out much

• Related to: Camping
  • Written October 18, 2007
Tip Photo

Making friends with the carved bear.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful