Motel 6 Fort Smith

6001 Rogers Ave, I-540 at Exit #8, Fort Smith, Arkansas, 72903, United States
Motel 6 Fort Smith
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Fort Smith

Anheuser Busch Eagle Symbol Main St on buildingAnheuser Busch Eagle Symbol Main St on building

Current Courthouse in use since 1877.Current Courthouse in use since 1877.

Picture of the main building-jail and courthousePicture of the main building-jail and courthouse

Entry ionto the cemeteryEntry ionto the cemetery

Travel Tips for Fort Smith

Ginger's Hometown

by Etoile2B

"Cast Schedule September 15 - 19, 1993"

Wednesday the 15th - Depart Joplin for Ft. Smith. Here we're greeted in a gymnasium by a bunch of cheerleaders!

Thursday the 16th - Cast B has a picnic with our host families.

Friday the 17th - CS Day

Saturday the 18th - CS / Show Day

Sunday the 19th - Buh bye Ft. Smith, Hello Hammond & New Orleans!!

"Memories of Ft. Smith..."

Host Code:
Roommate:

Trains to Everywhere and Trains to Nowhere

by Trainlover

"Trains, Trains, Trains"

When I curl up with a good book, it is usually the Thomas Cook European Timetable. Just checking where trains are going is such a thrill. My trip through North America, Europe and part of Asia was the most adventurous time of my life. It was not all easy traveling. Sometimes I was lost, injured, ill, lonely and sometimes all of the above. But mostly I was happy, well and having a great time while seeing some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, and all from the window of a train! I did stop and sightsee sometimes but it was basically a train trip. Actually many train trips. People ask me what my favorite train was, or my favorite desination. How could I choose? Each train is special and exciting. I did enjoy the Trans-Siberian Railroad the most. For comfort I like the German ICE. For a real adventure I like the Kazak Express, and any and all trains in Bugaria and Romania. I think the most beautiful scenery is in Switzerland and the northwest USA. As for favorite destinations, in addition to all of the Rhine and Alpine areas I would choose Trieste, Salzburg, Lucerne and Edinburg. For sleeping overnight in coach class sitting up I think Amtrak is the most comfortable.

"Spring in Germany"

From March to May 2007, I stayed in the spa town of Bad Kreuznach, Germany. Almost every day I walked to the Kurhaus Park, a beautiful park surrounding the Kurhaus Hotel, which has changed names again! It is now called the Domina Park Kurhaus Hotel. Flowers were blooming in neat rows around the perimeter of the park, first the tulips and pansies, then the roses just before my trip was over. Cherry blossoms and lilacs were in bloom also.The walk along the Nahe river that flows beside the park stretches to the beginning of the next spa town, Bad Munster am Stein-Ebernburg. Several times I walked up to the castle that overlooks Bad Kreuznach to enjoy coffee and cake. My side trips this time took me only to Wissembourg, France, a lovely old town on the Lauter river plus neighboring towns around Bad Kreuznach.
Day trips were to Luxemburg and several trips to Trier, Germany and to St. Goar and Koblenz on the Rhine, and Cochem on the Mosel river. The KD ships offer free trips on the Rhine on birthdays and anniversaries. In April I took a ship as far as St. Goar. I could have gone by ship to anywhere on the route, but I needed to get back that night to Bad Kreuznach.

Comments