239 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, Arkansas, 71901, United States

Satisfaction Poor

• Pamela_Peace's Profile Photo

The Arlington Hotel & Bath Spa

The Arlington Hotel & Bath Spa

Unique Quality: Built in 1875, this quaint hotel was a favorite of mobster Al Capone. Here you can treat yourself to baths, messages, and a fantastic Sunday brunch. A mall of small shops is located underground.

More about Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa

Best Hotel in Hot Springs

by Astrobuck about Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa

Absolutely wonderful. Sure, the place has been around since the 1920's, and is very well known. This place is probably THE best place to stay in Hot Springs. It has 11 floors (Floor 11 is restricted for "special" guests...we figured out the code to access it from the elevator, but found the 11th floor really wasn't that great). Thre is a spa, where you get pampered with a hot whirlpool bath, sauna, nice shower, and a massage. The staff is VERY friendly, and truly want your stay to be great. The hotel is FULL of history, and they have pictures and artifacts outlining the Arlington's past. The lobby is a real happening place. I am not kidding. If you love being social, this is where you want to be. Dancing and drinking at the bar until whenever. Live bands perform, and many folks from all walks of life stay here.

Now that I've mentioned the pros, here are the cons:

The building really needs some work. Seriously. Moulding on the hallway walls pulling away revealing wiring, the walls are paper-thin, so you can hear "extra-curricular activities" going on next door (We never heard any thank goodness), and our view out the window was the black-top roof complete with soda bottles, old D-cell batteries, and pieces of stucco plaster scattered all about. If it weren't for the nice flowery walkway nestled against the mountainside, I would have complained more.

All in all, if you wish to take a visit to Hot Springs, the Arlington is DEFINATELY where you will want to stay. TRUST ME. The entire town is right smack in the middle of a makeover, and the other only really nice motel in town, the Majestic, is closed down COMPLETELY for renovations.

Romantic Getaway

I love the Arlington Hotel. My husband and I have been visiting the Arlington every summer since we were married in Hot Springs in 1985. We now have 2 beautiful children that also love the Arlington Hotel.

Worst Ever!

My wife wanted to surprise me on my birthday this weekend so she picks me up from work Friday at noon and we head for what hopefully would be a great weekend in Hot Springs.

We check in to the Arlington Hotel Friday evening and after supper head to our room for hopefully a nice night of rest after a long day.

We try to get comfortable for the night but it is as hot as a boiler room and when we asked for help at the front desk the lady told us to raise our window and that was all she could do for us.(We are staying on Central Avenue and it is loud!). We are not the type of people to just complain so we try to be as nice as possible and deal with it. We try our best to get comfortable and get some rest but the room next door has there T.V. on so loudly rest was not possible. We originally tried to lay down at 9:30 P.M. and now it is 1:00 A.M. and we are still starring at the ceiling! I call down front and tell the front desk our neighbors T.V. is very louldly and it has been that way for hours now.
They say the will take care of it and have security come and check it out. After about an hour I noticed nothing had been done and call again. They said they sent the security guard up there and he warned them. O.K., at 3:30 A.M. the T.V. is still going and the people in the room decide to start talking and lauging loud ( as it seems they've had a bit too much to drink). By this time, I've lost all my patience and went down front requesting a refund and informing them we will be checking out. The lady up front tells me that there wasn't even anyone in that particular room where we said the noise of the T.V. was coming from (I thought they warned them???)

My wife cried as her plans for my birthday were quickly turning into an nightmare.

We were so frustrated we had planned to head back to West Monroe, Louisiana at 4:00 A.M.!

As we headed down Central Avenue heading back to West Monroe I thought it would be safer to at least get a few hours sleep then head out when we woke up. We stopped at a Best Western hopeing to find a room but they were full. The lady at the front desk then told us about Comfort Inn.

We took her advice and drove up to Comfort Inn at approximately 4:15 A.M. We were greeted by a very nice man who was very welcoming. After I told him our story he assured us of the standards at Comfort Inn. He warns them (those who have no respect of others in the hotel) once then calls the Police.

I was very disappointed in the Arlington Motel. My parents and in-laws both have been there and we thought it would be a great experience. We wrong wrong. We will never advise anyone to stay at this hotel.

I hope in the future they can better service thier customers.

Sincerely,

Unsatisfied Visitor

Grand Old Hotel

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Arlington in early December. We stayed in a standard, i.e., cheapest, room. It was very clean, well maintained with new furniture and fresh paint, but it was tiny! The bathroom showed its age and was too dark (the shower is too small for anyone over 5'4") - and while maintained, the room and bath really needed a gutting renovation. Maybe the more expensive rooms are more spacious, but I couldn't say.

The public areas of the hotel are quite spectacular. I loved the Lobby Bar and the Lawrence Welkish band that performed at night. We truly enjoyed watching the dancing. The employees that we came in contact with were professional and polite.

I would recommend the Arlington in Hot Springs for its location, if nothing else. If we ever go back to Hot Springs, we will stay there again, but maybe part with a bit more cash for a higher grade room.

I love the Arlington Hotel

This palce is awesome to just just away and relax. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the lobby is great for relaxing. The band on Friday and Saturday nights brings a lot to fun to the place, and if you like good "Big Band" music and dancing, you'll esapecially enjoy it.The most outstanding feature of the hotel and all of Hot Springs is the friendliness of the prople--both locals and visitors.I live in Dallas, and I go to Hot Springs as often I can get away to get out of the city.

The Arlington is romanticly wonderful!

My sister planned my surprise 40th birthday trip to the Arlington because I wanted to feel warm and pampered. That was three years ago and now we take ladies' "weekend" out trips to the Arlington regularly.
I've read the other reviews and have not idea where they were staying.
My experience has been that the Arlington is a wonderful old hotel with a strong feel of nostalgia. Each time I visit, I'm sure I will see Humphrey Bogart walk through lobby door any minute. The atmosphere in the lobby on Friday & Saturday nights is alive and beautiful. The bathhouse is realistic and relaxing. I wonder every time I leave the bathhouse how I get back to my room as a cooked noodle.Technically, the rooms are clean and they connect so you can create your own little suites. The Spa weekend prices are great. The salon has improved over the three years, a little more up-to-date and the prices are good. Room service, front desk, and bellman are all effective and pleasant. The Fountain Grill is overpriced while the Venetian Room is just slow, very slow. However, the breakfast buffet is good as are the items from the Venetian Room menu.This is an old hotel and the accommodations are not new. Comparing the Arlington to a five-star hotel built last year would be like comparing apples to oranges. The atmosphere and pampering makes up for any flaws created by the age of the hotel.

It was OK

The Arlington was OK, but there were some problems. We booked our rooms at a discounted price and the staff did not want to honor their agreement once we arrived at the Hotel. We had documentation and after a great deal of grief, they honored their agreement. The heated pool was drained and under construction. The rooms were shabby. One of the beds were broken and part of the ceiling was coming apart in the closet. We were just glad we didn't pay full price.

Had a nice time but it was off season and room was reasonable

We had a small family reunion/wedding at the Arlington in February 2004. Yes, the rooms are old but not disgusting by any means. The 7th floor is noisy due to the pool and hot tub and the bathroom was a bit moldy. Valet parking is a bit of a hassle but worth the security for $9.00 a day. Loved the lobby and old charm of the hotel. It was off season prices( Jan. & Feb. only) and we paid $80.00 for a room with 2 double beds. Had we to pay $150.00 during regular season I would complain alot more. It's fine for $80.00 but overpriced for $150.00.
Staff is ok but only if you tip well. I'd go back but only in off season.

• Apr 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM

My husband and I love staying at the Arlington Hotel. We were just here for with spa package weekend and enjoyed our stay very much. It's like stepping back in time and enjoying a grand hotel experience in all it's original grandeur. It's a different experience than a modern hotel and there are some quirks but where else would you go to experience what it was like to live almost 100 years ago. Our package weekend was complete with a mineral bath spa treatment and massage! Loved it! We'll come back again!
    The only complaint I had was that the tables on the porch were not cleaned on a regular basis when guests would leave their trash and glasses on the table. Perhaps they can have an employee walk out and check tables every so often so that wouldn't happen. It took away from the beauty of the fabulous porch experience although we enjoyed it anyway.