Baymont Hot Springs

See Amenities

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2009

Basically, this place is annoyingly amazing! I found it after rigorous research. My partner likes it, and he's learning new things everyday. Basically, I don't give a f*&^ if my wife finds out! she's the one that let the handyman get away. Eventually, you're going to stay here and see it yourself, so why are we even talking about it?

Unique Quality: I like the front yard, the sprinkler system doesn't leak.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

New Lakeside Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 12, 2006

After I got burned at the Super 8 with a $10 deposit required to use the phone, I tried the AAA website to make reservations for Hot Springs. On that website, you have to pick which hotel partner chain you want to get a reservation for, and I picked Howard Johnson. I was unaware that the Baymont hotels are part of Howard Johnson.

When we got to the Arkansas border, Bob picked up some booklets with coupons for discounts at various hotels at the visitor's center. I found a discount in the booklet so we got the room for 10% off - it's only $60/night now including tax. They put us in a room overlooking the parking lot instead of the lake, and perhaps that was one of the perks you would get with the higher rate.

This is a BRAND NEW hotel. On my computer mapping program it is listed as Baymont Hotel construction site.

Either the hotel is down in a hole, or the road has been built up. We thought it was somewhat dangerous in that if you were coming south and turned where the sign pointing to the hotel was, you'd go off a cliff.

Unique Quality: For breakfast, which the Baymont does very well, they have tea, coffee, juice and hot chocolate, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffle irons to make waffles, toast and French toast in the toasters, cereal, rolls and bagels and you get a free local paper and eat looking out over the lake I did notice that as the week went on, some things began to run out.

The hotel has 4 floors (with an elevator and with luggage carts), free local calls, free parking, an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, free local calls and free high speed internet access in all the rooms. They also had a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron with ironing board, and an alarm clock. There were washers and dryers (coin operated) in the hotel for laundry.

Some rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, but ours did not.

Nearby Restaurants

* Fisherman's Wharf, 1.1 mi.
* Doe's Steaks & Tamales, 2 mi.
* McDonald's, 3 mi.
* Red Lobster, 3 mi.
* Sonic, 3 mi.
* Dixie's Cafe, 4 mi.
* On the Border, 4 mi.
* Outback Steakhouse, 4 mi.

Directions: South of Hot Springs on Scenic Arkansas Route 7, on Lake Hamilton

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hot Springs Travel Forum

Need advice about Hot Springs, Arkansas? Visit the Travel Forum for Hot Springs and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hot Springs hotel reviews