Lookout Point Lakeside Inn Bed and Breakfast

Lookout Point Lakeside Inn
Expedia.com Official Site Booking.com

More about Lookout Point Lakeside Inn Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member pinkiestrom

Our friends stayed here last year and have raved about the place since then. We were privileged to be invited to join them this year to celebrate their wedding anniversary and ALL of our birthdays since they occur close together. What a lovely and tasteful and peaceful place. It was a pleasure to meet the owners and their youngest daughter and her new puppy, Tillie.
Somehow the owners arranged for a rain storm as we retired for the evening. Since our room had a balcony, we could open the window and listen to the rain and enjoy the fresh air. We will definitely return when we have more time and can enjoy a canoe ride and a tour of the lake and the hammock and gardens.
Dave and Sharron
Granbury, Texas

Perfect...Perfect...Perfect!!!

by TripAdvisor Member CJ/AJ

I never get to surprise my wife no matter how hard I try. It’s either because she‘s too nosey or I’m just not very good at it. Anyway, her birthday was coming up and being the guy that I am I had no idea how to put together the perfect “Romantic” night out. Probably because that’s one of those female words, “Romantic” and most guys don’t speak that language.

That’s how Lookout Point Lakeside Inn Bed and Breakfast came into the scene. I didn’t have to do anything but show up and I got all the credit. The place is great! We had a fabulous night away right in our own backyard. You see, we live in Hot Springs, AR and living in such a great place you tend to take advantage of the beauty that’s around you everyday until you look at it from a little different angle. I couldn’t have picked a better spot to do just that. It was like going home, but without the drama...oh and much nicer. The staff and accommodations were top notch and my wife was truly surprised and delighted. Did I mention I got all the credit!

If you are looking for a B&B that is warm and friendly, classy yet comfortable, and an all around wonderful experience…you found it! Don’t do a B&B that makes you feel like your staying at your Great Great Aunt-in-law’s house. Go see our new friends at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn and don’t forget to pack your PJ’s.

Fabulous B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Aeargirl

My husband and I recently spent two nights at Lookout Point. I am usually leary of bed and breakfasts because they tend to be old and musty, in my opinion. This inn is only 3 years old though and was absolutely beautiful!
Accomodations ~ Our room, the Pocohontas, was great. It had a fireplace, jacuzzi for two, very comfy bed, and a balcony overlooking the lake and property waterfall. This room is on the end so we felt very secluded. The decor was warm and inviting. The first afternoon and night we just stayed in the room or on the balcony and relaxed. We also checked out some of the other rooms in between guests. The Romance room seemed to be the best and will be our choice next time. They were all lovely though.
Food ~ There are snacks (including several choices such as popcorn, chex and trail mix, cookies, etc) and drinks (coffee, tea, soft drinks) available 24 hours a day. There was also a "welcoming hour" with homemade desserts, coffee, tea, and wine. Breakfast was scrumptous. First of all, there are tables for two or four spread out in the gorgeous dining room. When we go to a bed and breakfast, we want to spend time with each other - not meet new people. This inn provides opportunities for either. Breakfast included fresh fruit (day one with honey and almonds, day two with yogurt and fresh granola) and a main selection (day one was a ham and cheese omelet roll, day two was incredible blueberry pancakes). Juice, coffee, hot cocoa, tea, or milk were available to drink. Another thing we liked was the "menu basket." They had a large collection of menus from area restaurants as well as a notebook with guest reviews of several ones. This was very helpful in choosing a lunch or dinner spot.
Property ~ The property is beautiful - right on Lake Hamilton. They have a waterfall with a meandering stream down to the lake with benches and a hammock for relaxing. This would be a great place to go no matter the season.
Staff ~ Everyone was very nice and helpful. They were happy to meet your every need. Some places will meet your needs, but aren't too happy about it. Not here. They have a gift for serving others.
We will be back to this oasis and highly suggest it for those looking for a comfortable retreat by the lake.

Perfect Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member FromTheSticksScout

This was my husband and I first B&B experience, and what an incredible experience we had. The place was gorgeous! It was decorated in everything Christmas! Ray and Christie were the best host! The four course breakfast was picture perfect and melted in our mouths. Each room is named after a town in Arkansas. How cool is that! Our room was totally '50s. There was authentic decor from the owner's parent's homes. Such a special touch!!!! There was a yummy snack bar open all the time and tea time around 4pm. Everything was homemade and super yummy!!! The owners are able to book reservations out on the town or you can stay in the B&B and soak up all the peace and quite you could imagine. We are definitely going back there.

Wonderful Vacation Spot!

by TripAdvisor Member DanyielleM

Lookout Point is a beautiful B&B located on Lake Hamilton. We had a view of the lake from our room. Kristi and Ray are wonderful people that make you feel right at home. The B&B is more modernly decorated and the rooms are very cozy. Each morning a delicious breakfast is served and you can eat overlooking the water. They provide a dessert and wine during a 4-5 time period, which was a nice added touch. They were always so friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make out stay extra special. I would highly recommend it to all!

Wonderful B&B!!

by TripAdvisor Member Glenda Phinney

We had a wonderful and relaxing time at Lookout Point. This B&B is everything it's website says it is. We stayed in the Birdsong Room and it was very comfortable and quiet. The grounds were so pretty and peaceful. The meals and snacks were very nice and the hosts were more than gracious! We have stayed at many B&B's and this one was amoung the nicest we have found. We highly recommend Lookout Point.

Loved Lookout Point!!

by TripAdvisor Member klw3287

Our stay at Lookout Point was so wonderful! We had such beautiful views of the lake & gardens & loved sitting on our porch, rocking in the rockers & sipping coffee while listening to the water fall & birds singing! We didn't want to leave! The Inn was also very accomodating to our little dogs. They loved hanging out on the porch too! This is a great place!

Not your average bed and breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member travelingfamily5

My husband and I visited for one night and were amazed at the total indulgence. The inn is designed for privacy and is definitely not like staying in someone's spare bedroom like other B&Bs. From the beautiful arts and crafts architecture to the lush landscaped gardens, we were surrounded by luxury. The owners Ray and Christie have thought of absolutely everything. The staff recommends restaruants and makes reservations, provides a yummy afternoon reception with wine, lemonade, cheese, crackers, and homemade desserts, always has snacks and drinks available, and provided books, movies, and board games. All rooms look out to the beautiful gardens and lake. We sat on the patio listening to the waterfall, in the benches near the lake's edge, walked along the boat dock, and my husband even caught a fish. The rooms have a tv, but sitting in solitude and watching the lake's activities is much better than tv. We woke up to the geese, ducks, and abundant bird life outside our balcony and had a fabulous breakfast at our own table for two in the dining room. We hated to leave and plan to return next year.

Amazingly fabulous B&B in Hot Springs!

by TripAdvisor Member carolann210

My husband and I just returned from Lookout Point Lakeside Inn in Hot Springs and it was great! The Inn is beautiful and the owners have thought of everything you may ever need. We stayed in the Romance room and loved it. This room has a king size bed, fireplace, Jacuzzi tub (that was huge!), balcony and sitting area. The room was beautiful and the view was amazing. The Inn itself was something to see but the backyard and landscaping were picturesque. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony drinking coffee in the morning just taking it all in. The backyard has a few sitting areas, a swing, a hammock and a labyrinth which was so relaxing to meditate and spend time in the back yard.
The Inn is on Lake Hamilton which was beautiful and they have a canoe you can use if you like. The breakfast was amazing each morning and they sell a cookbook with their recipes that we had to have because we loved every thing they served. Each morning coffee is served at 7am before breakfast from 8am-9:30am. I loved getting up for coffee then sitting out on the balcony reading a book until breakfast. They also provide a snack bar with just about anything your heart desires. Tea, coffee, soft drinks, hot chocolate, popcorn, M&M’s, trail mix, pretzels, Oreos, the list goes on…trust me you will not go hungry here. They have an Inn Keepers reception daily with wine, ice teas and desserts. The staff was very hospitable and extremely friendly, we didn’t want to leave.
They also have a basket of menus to area restaurants with recommendations from previous guests. They have a library of books, videos and DVD’s in addition to a supply of board games which would be fun for groups and families. I believe there are 9 rooms and at least three common areas. I felt like I was staying at a friends house (a really nice house). It was comfortable and welcoming and just seemed like a place you’d want to stay forever.
Our room was really cold most of the time; I ended up buying a sweater and some socks while we were there, the fireplace is more about ambiance and did not warm the room up at all. Also, if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs…that is the thing about the lush landscaping and being on the lake, birds love it and so do boaters and fisherman. Every morning real early, the birds would start singing which is a lovely way to wake up when you have to wake up and not if you want to sleep in on vacation. Lookout Point Inn is a must stay if you are headed to Hot Springs!!!

Spectacular visit

by TripAdvisor Member gratefulnow

I am environmentally sensitive and it is difficult for me to find a hotel where I am comfortable. When I stayed at the Lookout Point Inn for 3 nights I thought I had found heaven. It is exceptionally clean!!! Loved the lush gardens, hammock, labrynth, eating breakfast on the porch by the waterfall; canoeing on the lake, warm yet unintrusive hosts; comfy robes; whirlpool bath & super-clean bathroom; unlimited snacks, water, soda, coffee, tea for munching day or night; happy hour wine, gourmet cheeses, and chocolate covered strawberries; strawberry soup with mint as breakfast appetizer (yum! must have been strawberry season...), ability to special order delicious home-made granola for breakfast, (and what they served my husband looked like a king-sized feast...) wide selection of spiritual and uplifting reading material or romantic videos to select from in the library. Super-soft beds are not my thing, but my husband LOVED the mattress. Now he wants to change our mattress at home, but we're going to have to talk about that....I am so grateful for such a heavenly stay at the Lookout Point Inn. You will not be disappointed.

Winding down the highway bendsWinding down the highway bends

St John's ChurchSt John's Church

Map of the town and park groundsMap of the town and park grounds

Restaurant side to eatRestaurant side to eat

Comments