Hot Springs Hotels

• InsideoutTraveler profile photo InsideoutTraveler
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

1890 Williams House: Oldest Bed & Breakfast in Arkansas

I wanted to write about the 1890 Williams House because I feel like a trip to Hot Springs AR just isn't the same when you stay in a generic box hotel. I loved the personal feel of the 1890 Williams House and I loved that it was so close to Bathhouse Row. Only five blocks!
The other thing that just tickles me every time I head to a B&B is how great the innkeepers always are! Much more personal than a concierge, but with the same kind of service, that is what I got from Cathy over at the Williams House.
The room I stayed in was a Victorian gem, and the Parlor Suite, as I believe it was called, has a HUGE tub in it!
I would definitely recommend this B&B to others! It was wonderful! There was a hardy breakfast in the morning, and it is insanely convenient. For me, I was willing to pay a little more for the luxury and personal touch. And free breakfast, of course!

The two-person whirlpool tub is definitely a bonus! Also breakfast is great, and it is served in the dining room, which gives you a chance to talk with other guests if you feel like it, and make a friend or a travel buddy for the day.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, National/State Park
  • Written November 11, 2008
Tip Photo

The Sitting Area at the Front of the House

• wifeofrus profile photo wifeofrus
  • Reviews: 2

The slums of Hot Springs

Obviously, during holidays like the 4th of July, you must and I mean MUST make reservations. My husband and I went there during that week and it took 4 hours just to find a roach motel the stay in. No kidding, roaches were included for FREE! I won't make that mistake again.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 25, 2006

• Bostephenson profile photo Bostephenson
  • Reviews: 88

If possible, try to get access...

If possible, try to get access to some sort of lake house or condo. Its much more convienient to be able to get on the water from a place on the water than to travel to and from a public launch every morning and afternoon. This is also important if you have any plans to take a boat out at night for a starwatching cruise!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average