Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast

472 Prospect Ave., Hot Springs, Arkansas, 71901, United States

More about Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast

Really enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lucytx

A beautiful, centrally located, serene home to relax in following a busy day in Hot Springs. The breakfasts were spectacular and the company great. We were able to walk to most attractions and enjoyed the magnificent hot tub in the evenings. This was truly one of the highlights of our trip to Hot Springs. Not to mention that Janine and Danny know the area very well and give great recommendations for food and fun.

Prospect Place B&B is AWESOME!

by TripAdvisor Member Luchin

Date: September 16, 2006
Reviewer: Beatrice Luchin

This was our first trip to Hot Springs and we wanted to stay at a B&B. We could not have chosen a better place to stay! It was like coming home. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the architecture of the home is true to its original Victorian form and the interior is a true compliment to the exterior.

The stay was both relaxing, charming and fun. The owners, Janine and Danny make you feel like part of the "family" and do make it their business to see to it that you are well informed of local attractions, eateries,and the history of the area. They make themselves accessible to you while you are out, and tell you to make sure and calll if you need anything or get lost as you hike the local trails!

They certainly make southern hospitality come to life and the hearty made-to-order breaksfasts each day only leaves you yearning for more once you return home.

We certainly do not intend to make this our last visit and stay at the Prospect Place B&B and encourage you to take advantage of not only a lovely and charming place to stay but also a charming host and hostess.

Excellent Experience at the Prospect Place

by TripAdvisor Member bgb_sallisaw

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Prospect Place in Hot Springs Arkansas. The house was beautiful even though it was going through some renovations and the owners, Janine and Danny Wink, made the visit a memory we will never forget. We were not familiar with the Hot Springs area so we based a lot of our activities on the recommendations of Janine and Danny and had a very enjoyable weekend. We would highly recommend it to anyone interested in enjoying Hot Springs while staying in a very comfortable environment.

Brady and Kerry

Danny and Janine were great!!!

by TripAdvisor Member AdkinSears

My husband and I spent our sixth anniversary at Prospect Place and it was a wonderful experience. Prospect Place is a 10 -15 minute walk to downtown Hot Springs. Danny and Janine were/are awesome individuals. They welcomed us with open arms, and provided a wealth of information about what to do in Hot Springs and about the history of the bed and breakfast. The grounds of Prospect Place was/is breathtaking. I was especially impressed with how they set-up a romantic setting for us in our room after we returned from our dinner cruise. The breakfast that was prepared every morning was delectable. I wished they provided lunch and dinner as well. We are not pet lovers, but their two dogs, Maggie and Kady, were well behaved and delightful. I would gladly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is planning a visit Hot Springs, AR; so, the next time you are in Hot Springs and want to feel like you are at home, book a room at Prospect Place.

The Sears

Prospect Place B&B is Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member G&F_Met

The home is beautiful both inside and out. The food, drinks and snacks were both plentiful and excellent. But we can't say enough about the proprietors. The Winks were very professional and knowledgeable about the Hot Springs area, but what truly sets them apart as innkeepers is their hospitality. From the moment we arrived we were treated like house guests rather than clients. We left feeling like we had not only found a great B&B but also made new friends that we can't wait to visit again.

Greatest Place to Relaxed and Feel at Home

by TripAdvisor Member JackRockwall

Jeanine and Danny are to a Bed & Breafast what vanilla ice cream is to a hot apple pie. This is the second time when have been and the experience was just as great as the first. When even brought some friends along who also enjoyed their time at Prospect Place B&B. The rooms are quiet, spacious and warm. The breakfast is too die for. But the hospitiality is absolutely fantastic. We intend on making this an annual trip and the next time we intend on inviting more friends. We may just fill up the whole place. Thanks Jeanine and Danny!

Prospect Place Was Terrific!

by TripAdvisor Member Jimbo2h

We stayed at the Prospect Place B&B in late October, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a wonderful experience. Janine and Danny are just terrific hosts and are so accommodating. They gave us wonderful suggestions on things to do. If you are golfers, they can also arrange for you to play at one of the terrific golf courses in Hot Springs Village, a 30 minute drive from Hot Springs. Since it was our anniversary, I ordered a gift basket, wine and flowers for our room. The gift basket has nice toiletries and the flowers were beautiful. On our third day of a five day visit, Janine told us she had replaced the flowers in the room because they didn't think the first vase lasted long enough. Talk about treating us special! The rooms are very quiet and the house is a lovely Victorian. They also had the most comfortable mattresses my wife and I had ever slept on. Janine can fill you in on where they purchased them. We got a good, hearty breakfast every day at 9:00, but they can accommodate an earlier eating time if necessary. Cookies, fruit and a wonderful selection of teas were available at all times. The yard is landscaped very nicely and they have a huge spa in the back which is a great way to relax after a busy day walking, golfing or shopping.

Another nice thing about Prospect Place is that it is only a short walk from the downtown area. We seldom moved our car. Make sure you visit the baths and also the wonderful gardens outside of Hot Springs.

If you want a really relaxing trip and want to spend it in a lovely B&B run by two terrific people, Prospect Place is the perfect location.

arrived as strangers...left as friends

by TripAdvisor Member dcprocter

We don't do B&B's very often. I was looking for a weekend getaway within driving distance from Dallas. When I called, Janine took uncommon interest in helping me organize a special weekend for my wife. I wasn't expecting concierge service; I was surprised to receive that and a lot more.

Danny & Janine Wink are warm and open, and were a welcome deviation from what I'm used to in the corporate travel experience. If you have a lot to do in your travel day, they will help as much or as little as you wish. They are prompt, thorough, and respectful of your time. If you want to sit & be friendly, they're great people to get to know.

What a great weekend we had in Hot Springs! Thanks Danny & Janine!!

Class and comfort

by TripAdvisor Member LoonBalloon

Most reviewers have already raved about the charm, decor, environment and atmosphere of the house and its rooms. I agree with all of them. The inn is positively superb.

However, it is the personal vibe that my wife and I get from Prospect Place and the Winks that makes us go back. We've stayed there three times in the last 12 months and would go back on any given weekend at the drop of a hat. We definitely come out of our vacation -- usually a weekend -- feeling mentally enriched. Intelligence, wit and wry humor are never scarce. We love that about Danny and Janine.

In the 5 months between my last two visits, they've completed almost all of their renovation projects and the exterior looks fresh. My wife and I have stayed in three of their four rooms. Very cozy. The hot tub is another highlight. If you're social, it's the best place to meet the other house guests. If not, it's almost always empty in the mornings and early evenings. I found these times ideal to read a good book in warm, bubbly comfort. The tree-lined hillside of West Mountain is a nice backdrop for the tub and the backyard.

As amiable as Danny and Janine are, I'm positive anyone going there will have a trip well worth their while.

Perfect Get-away

by TripAdvisor Member ecarrell1

My wife and I started going to Hot Springs B & B's 6 years ago. Last year after Katrina, we took a break from repairs to our home. We called our regular B & B but they were booked. We asked for a referral and were recommend to Prospect Place. I was grateful because of our visit we have fallen in love with Danny and Janine. They have a great way to make you feel comfortable in their home. They don't mind to take their time to share a bottle of wine with you or they will give you all the alone time you want. They seem to have a talent to know what needs you have and help you achieve them. I didn't want to rave about the lush breakfast or the great hot tub, all other reviews have done an excellent job of that, (which were true). We returned again this year and were greeted as old friends. We sat in their home and visited about remolding, children, and trips we had taken. We carried on like we haven't seen one another for a year. Before we left we reserved our room for next year. I can't wait to see our great friends next year!!!

Comments