La Quinta Inn & Suites Little Rock Downtown

617 South Broadway, (formerly Clarion), Little Rock, Arkansas, 72201, United States
La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Orbitz.com Booking.com LQ.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Little Rock

DOWNTOWN LITTLE ROCKDOWNTOWN LITTLE ROCK

Landscape on the west side of the MississippiLandscape on the west side of the Mississippi

Front of The Flying BurritoFront of The Flying Burrito

Amanda spinning woolAmanda spinning wool

Travel Tips for Little Rock

another 600 miles I reckon

by richiecdisc

Memphis had been such a great stop that our initial trepidation about heading north rather than directly west now seemed foolish. It's funny how a few great ribs and beers can do that. But really the ulterior motive for that detour north had been to get on a different route heading west all along. I had not been in two states in the US and we were now headed right in the direction of one of them. Arkansas had eluded me mostly out of having the least to offer of all the routes west but if you cross the country enough times and want to see it all, you're bound to take this road at some point.

We played with the idea of making a slight detour to see the state's only National Park, Hot Springs but it didn't sound any more interesting from this close than it had when were were planning the trip months prior. No, this would be a short but sweet swing through the state though we wanted to make some kind of stop. After all, no pride is merely driving through. You have to get out, walk around a bit. Have a drink maybe. So, with Little Rock heading our way and a brewpub right on Main Street our plans seemed to be of divine intervention. At least, that was what I thought. My wife was probably thinking six brewpubs in five days is not really necessary, is it? The sad thing was that she knew I was trying to be good, that I was actually being selective about where we would stop. That I knew it we were on a tight budget. But it still came to this, another brewery in another town. Well, to be honest, this wasn't technically another brewery. It was another Bosco's, same brewery that we had been in the night before in Memphis. She had a tough time arguing though, we had both had a great time there and the beer had been very good. So, why not stop at this one too? We were going to do a walk around town anyway. It was just too convenient.

The sun was setting and the little main street was quaint and bustling. The light was good for taking photos but only briefly. Soon enough we were in the pub for happy hour and it was quite busy. We were not happy to find there were no cask beers in this outlet of Bosco's. We ordered a couple of “ordinary” beers and that was just what they were: ordinary. No one tried to talk to us like the night before and the bartenders were too busy to notice a few out of towners. Sometimes you go to the well too many times and this was one of them. After only one beer, we knew it was time to hit the road. We'd only driven two hours and needed to get a bit further that night to get into position for a few stops the next day. Was there another brewery on the horizon? Sure, that and another 600 miles I reckoned.

My favorite Restaurant is...

by zackjennings

My favorite Restaurant is Doe's Eat Place, a favorite hang out for political types during legislative sessions. Bill Clinton haunted this place during his first campaign. Steaks the size of platters. Not for the faint hearted or the colesteral phobics.

A Little Time in Little Rock

by richiecdisc

Little Rock was little more than a short stop on a six month trip across country, a place to stretch our legs and have a beer on a long drive. It certainly was a pleasant enough place to do that. The River Market area was small and scenic with lots of places to eat, drink and shop. I imagine there are some sites in the biggest town in Arkansas but we had neither the time nor inclination to seek them out. What we did find was a nice little town in Middle America, perfectly situated between Memphis and Oklahoma City. If you're driving that route, by all means stop by.

zackjennings's new Little Rock Page

by zackjennings

I live in Batesville, Arkansas some 90 miles north of the Capitol. I come to the "Big City" often to dine, shop for antiques, attend meetings and ,of course, take photographs. The following photograph is of the Old State Capitol in downtown L.R., circa 1837. I have taken many nice photographs around Little Rock but I haven't quite figured out how to post more than one. Any way, come to visit, ther's lots to do. The downtown area is getting ready for major revitalization and contruction of the new Clinton Library. The major hotel has been recently remodeled for $30,000,000 and joined the Memphis landmark as the Little Rock Peabody.

Comments