Markham Inn

Tags

Disabilities Zoo Seniors
See Amenities
PKCass's Profile Photo

A nice hotel on the west side of town

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2007

The staff at this hotel was very friendly. I had no trouble at all extending my stay a few days and was even given a discount for staying a week. My hotel room was adequate. It was clean and had a small refrigerator and microwave. My biggest complaint about the room is that it had one of those wall mounted air conditioning units. The AC was noisy and I could never adjust the temperature so that the room wasn't freezing. Fortunately it wasn't terribly hot when I was there (beginning of May) so I was able to go without the AC much of the time. I also didn't care for the pillows, which were very flat.

There are two buildings at the Markham House Suites. The building I stayed in had the more typical old style hotel rooms, but the other building had the 1 and 2 bedroom suites. It also appeared the suites building had central air instead of individual wall units.

The hotel is close to several hospitals, and many of the people staying in the suites were receiving outpatient treatments. The staff seemed to know many of these people and I had the feeling that some of these people stay at the Markham House Suites several times a year or for extended periods.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is served every day between 6-10 AM. There are three kinds of cereal, fresh fruits, several types of bread to toast and various spreads, muffins and danish rolls, yogurt, cheese cubes, milk, juice, and coffee. USA Today is available in the breakfast room M-F and the Little Rock Sunday paper (I don't recall the name of it) is available on Sunday.

The hotel has a van that will take you anywhere within five miles. I called the front desk from the River Market the day I walked down there and a driver came and picked me up within 10 minutes.

There is a small fitness room with a treadmill and some weights. There is also a small coin-operated laundry room.

There is a large park and golf course across the street. The Little Rock Zoo is within easy walking distance. There are also a few restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel offers free high-speed internet service in the rooms. Be sure to bring your ethernet cable.

All rooms are non-smoking.

Directions: Across the street from War Memorial Park and near the Hillcrest neighborhood

Nearby Markham Inn

• Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services

Little Rock Travel Forum

Need advice about Little Rock, Arkansas? Visit the Travel Forum for Little Rock and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Little Rock hotel reviews