The Peabody Little Rock

3 Statehouse Plaza, Little Rock, Arkansas, 72201, United States

Little Rock Marriott
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• Great place, fine accommodations & service!

This is the second time I have at the Peabody in Little Rock and I can't begin to say enough good things about it. The rooms are tastefully decorated and spacious. The bed linens are nice with down blankets. The A/C is great (many hotels fudge the temperature, saying it is lower than it is). The huge lobby and bar area have fantastic high speed internet service. The restaurant has wonderful food and is in a beautiful setting. And it all that weren't enough, the people who work here are efficient and incredibly nice. In other words, terrific service. All this at an incredibly low rate of $159!!!

Unique Quality: Those cute ducks!!

Directions: Located in Downtown and convenient to most everything.

More about The Peabody Little Rock

Escape From Rita - They were fantastic

Can't say enough nice things about how fair and flexible the folks a tthe Peabody Little Rock were during the three nights we stayed. We spent 18 hours en route from Houston and still had another 5 plus to go to get to Little Rock when we found a closer B+B (two kids in the car, aged one and two!). The Peabody didn't charge us for the late cancelation but held our reservation for the following nights. The next day they accepted our cat and didn't even bat at eye, nor ask for a pet deposit. My two year old loved the ducks marching in and out every day and the magical escalators. Even the folks in the bar didn't mind some "underage drinkers" (milk of course) when we attempted a quick dinner out of the room, and were quick to serve us our food, in the order requested.

Worst hotel stay ever.

We were attending my cousins wedding and checked in on a Friday night. Upon arriving at our room we discovered two double beds (we reserved King) - we called down to change rooms and were told a King was not guaranteed - we explained that had we been informed of this at the front desk we would not have bothered to check-in and we'd come down and check right out. They moved us next door to a King room.

The hotel is nice and room was comfortable but a bit crowded. You can easily trip over the big chair in the dark.

We had breakfast the next morning downstairs and the coffee was awful. We asked for a replacement pot but it was worse (and lukewarm). The staff does not care about providing good service. The buffet was just Ok but the baked goods were excellent. Breakfast is $11.95 but an omlette adds $3.00 to the price.

We'd call 30 minutes before needing our car and STILL it would not be at the front when we came down. It took forever to get it each time we finally parked on the street.

Our room was near the elevator and noisy all night long. We called to complain but staff did nothing. The next night there was a party on our floor that kept us and 1/2 the people on the floor up until 2am. The front desk phone was busy for hours. Finally the police were called - I believe it was the guy a few doors down that called them himself.

At checkout no one asked how our stay was. they just handed us a bill and moved to the next person. The ducks are better treated than the guests!

Sleep not included!

by TripAdvisor Member Leila's Nana

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Peabody and it was one of the most unpleasant hotel stays we have ever had. We were in town for a wedding and the room looked pleasant with a nice view of the Capitol but we hadn't been there more than thirty minutes before I realized I could hear every word being said in the next room, not to mention every thing going on in their bathroom. Two young men from another wedding occupied that room and proceeded to keep us awake until 4:00 a.m. both Friday and Saturday nights with loud talking, friends going in and out slamming doors etc. The hotel itself was also hosting a rock concert Saturday which we could hear in our room (on the top floor) followed by loud fan reaction until well after midnight. While I am not an old fogey this lack of sleep ruined my weekend.

I also echo everything others have said about valet parking. We were late to two events, despite calling ahead for our car. It takes at least 15 - 30 minutes to retrieve your car. The hotel also did not deliver the gift bags for wedding guests to our rooms despite charging the bride $3 per bag to do so. Overall, I would avoid this hotel at all costs. The ducks may be cute but it is not worth the noise and inconvenience.

Lovely in Little Rock - Who Knew?

by TripAdvisor Member kac2000

My husband and I made an impulsive trip to visit the Clinton Presidential Library in mid-December and experience a part of the U.S. we'd never been to before. We stayed on the 17th floor and had a lovely non-smoking (if a bit small) room w/ King bed and modern (also small) bath. Great view of the Arkansas River, EXTREMELY comfy beds, very pleasant overall, plus a super location in the River Market District, walking distance to almost everywhere you'd want to visit (super-convenient if like us, you don't want to rent a car). The staff was friendly (excellent housekeeping) and mostly helpful but could have had more practical knowledge (e.g., none of the concierges we spoke to knew that in winter, city bus tours are only available on weekends). We lucked out and had a very quiet 3-day stay; I could see how noise could be a problem if you are near the atrium over the lobby, or if a convention or wedding celebration were in full swing, so ask at check-in for a QUIET room. (Biggest concern were the DOORS; why don't hotels put buffers or gizmos on heavy room doors so that they don't noisily SLAM SHUT?)

Here's a tip: when I reserved our room by phone, we were quoted top price for a "club level" room, w/ none available at the AAA rate. However, the operator encouraged me to ask again when we checked in, and low and behold, we did, and got an immediate reduction of $50/night. So it pays to ask! Overall, this is a busy and quite attractive hotel that's a fine home-base for exploring the River Market part of the city. (But do get a cab and visit Central High School; there's a small but excellent visitor center that movingly depicts the numerous trials and tribulations of the brave people who fought for school desegregation in the 1950s; it's WELL worth the short ride to get there). Also visit the very appealing Historic Arkansas Museum and the Old State House, (which is right next to the Hotel), and the Clinton Library, of course!

Not Recommended

When we arrived at The Peabody, I was amazed by the extravagant lobby and cute little ducks. Lets just say, looks can be decieving. Our reservation was lost, and we had to wait a long time to get our room. I was expecting to walk into a large room with many amenities, but surprisingly, the room was very cramped, and small. In the bathroom, which was also small, we found a HAiR in the bathtub! Discusting! The staff was unfriendly, and they were very unconcerned about any of our requests and problems. We couldn't even make a local phone call without being charged a ton! Nonetheless, this so called "majestic" is definately not worth your money! Now for a little positive aspect, the march of the ducks at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. is fun to watch, and be sure to explore the lobby, it can be fun also. Overall, the whole trip was a headache because of it. I do not recommend staying here unless you have more money than sense!

Great Hotel - What a lobby!

by TripAdvisor Member EdMax

My girlfriend and I drove to Memphis during her springbreak, and decided to spend two nights in Little Rock. I wanted to see the Clinton Library, and she wanted to see Cirque de Soleil at the Alltel. We decided to stay at the Peabody. The location is perfect, and the staff was excellent - very friendly. The beds were ultra-comfortable, and the room had a classy decorum. The lobby was gorgeous, and bar area was great - they had a saxophonist and pianist performing in the evening. I decided not to use the valet, after reading previous blogs and found a reasonable parking garage at 2nd and Main St (1 or 2 block walk). We checked out on Saturday, and they only charged me $5 for the two nights that I parked there (but I think they made a mistake, it should've been $13).

Not Memphis

by TripAdvisor Member arkansawyer

Front desk not up to par for this class of hotel. Our group's reservations were majorly messed up. Expensive breakfast, which would be fine if it were as good as the price. Coffee gets zero stars. If you stayed at the Peabody in Memphis and were expecting a similar experience, be warned.

Attentive staff

by TripAdvisor Member Hezekiah

I stayed for three nights. My room, on an upper floor, was very quiet and clean, and generally comfortable. Staff were very polite and attentive. Minuses: The bed could have been a little more comfortable; The salad I ordered from room service was mediocre. Overall, though, a pretty good place to stay.

Comments