310 South Main Street, Lone Pine, California, 93545, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Dow Villa Motel

Think Twice.....

by TripAdvisor Member wiild

We arrived at the motel on Memorial Day weekend with pre-paid, reserved accommodation for a king size room with tub. The motel had no record of our reservation even though we showed them the confirmation e-mail with our reservation #
All they could offer us was a smaller, older room with a double bed, which we reluctantly accepted. They refused to believe we had pre-paid the accommodation because “they didn’t charge for stays until the guest arrives”, so we went into town to find an internet café where we printed off a copy of my credit card statement which clearly showed that the motel had made the deduction. Back at the motel the reservation clerk, after being shown the statement, still could not quite believe it and said she would have to contact the manager. Even though the place was packed to the rafters, which must be one of their busiest weekends of the year, the manager was not able to be found and we were told the clerk would keep trying and that we should come back later. After returning from dinner we were informed that the manager was going to “check” out the payment and would ring us in a couple of days! I was fairly unhappy with our treatment at this stage and said we also wanted to be reimbursed for the money we paid to prove the payment did take place ie. internet usage.
We never did receive a call or an apology (from anyone) for the reservation being lost nor did we receive internet reimbursement. A refund for the difference in accommodation did appear on our statement some days later.
I would advise that if you MUST stay here, that you confirm your reservation before arrival – especially at holiday times – and that if a deduction is made before arrival contact the motel to confirm the payment has taken place.

Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Dog'sBestFriend

We spent only a day at this motel and it was packed to the rafters, although they claimed to still have some vacancies last night.

I brought my dog and so I was given a so-called smoking room, although I didn't recall any smoke smell. Apparently, I was also around the corner from the room that John Wayne had always requested when he was in town. Also, given the number of people who were staying, I thought the place was pretty quiet in the evening. The room was clean and I appreciated the microwave and the refrigerator.

I totally enjoyed using the pool and spa at 4:30 a.m. this morning -- they allow 24-hour access -- and, when I was walking back to my room, I got to enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountains bathed in the morning light.

very good place

by TripAdvisor Member anne2606

We spent one night in the 2 queen beds + 1 sofa sleeper bedroom . This room can sleep up to 6 people . We were only 5 but we already felt a bit tight . But the room was very nice, comfortable and soundproof, the beds were good and both the room and bathroom were very clean .
No breakfast is being served so we went to the High Sierra Cafe next door : good food, friendly waitress, lots of locals around which means that it must have a good reputation . We wished we had had dinner there too the evening before instead of going to the Totem Cafe further away : the food wasn't very good and the service was absolutely terrible .

Really good value

by TripAdvisor Member Tonstok

Great little place for 1 night stop over. Great staff, reasonable little pool and overall a good standard of accomodation at a fantastic price. Plenty of restaurant opportunities nearby. A bit of a gem really.

A convenient stop

by TripAdvisor Member VLH

We stayed here for one night in August. It was a convenient stop between Yosemite and Death Valley / Las Vegas.

The hotel staff weren't particularly friendly when we checked in. However, the room was well furnished and comfortable. We did hear other people leaving quite early, but it wasn't too loud.

All in all, a convenient and well priced bed for the night!

Cool Stay

by TripAdvisor Member jwjones

Stayed on 9/14/06 in room 13 for the night in the newer part of the motel. Decent and clean room with a very good view of the mountains. It is located in a cowboy town in a safe area that is in walking distance to restaurants and shops.

surprisingly good

by TripAdvisor Member michael47

Lone Pine is not exactly a big place. It's the first town once you've got out of Death Valley and convenient for travelling on to Yosemite the next day (if the pass is open!)

We had a motel room at $98 in the single storey block. There were double storey rooms and hotel rooms too. Dow Villa is well appointed and run.

The best surprise of all was the restaurant next door - "Seasons". The best food by far in all our 28 days in the USA. Cuisine not just cooking.

So helpfull

by TripAdvisor Member airedale_travellers

We spent a night at the Dow Villa while on a road trip. The staff were so friendly and helpfull.

The motel room was clean and spacious. The town itself was a real experience - you must try the saloons!

The motel was great value and we will definitely be back.

Magnicient position-needs updated

by TripAdvisor Member Something-Different!

For a fanastic, historic hotel, set in a 'last century town', with magificent backdrop of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, look no further than the Dow. John Wayne, Erroll Flynn and others stayed at this hotel while filming in the nearby Alabama Hills and the hotel very neatly reflects this. Needs a facelift and a bit of sprucing up, but a fantastic position.

Ideal stop over on the drive to Vegas

by TripAdvisor Member bobbinuk

We were driving from Minden in Nevada to Vegas and Lone Pine was an ideal stop over for us to break the journey up. We stayed in the Motel and our room was spotlessly clean. In addition to the usual room amenities of a TV and a phone we had a fridge, microwave and air conditioning. The bathtub was complete with jets to create a whirlpool bath.

Comments