8900 Universal Blvd, Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States
Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center
Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hampton Inn Orlando-Convention Center

Great Value, small well run hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Russ G

Have recently returned from a two week holiday in Florida and spent the first week at the hampton Inn orlando convention centre.
The staff were friendly, rooms were well appointed and clean. There was a complimentary continental breakfast in the mornings that was pretty good. The hotel is on Universal Blvd, but is very close to all ameneties on International Drive, but is much quieter. Olive Garden on international drive is an excellent , reasonably priced restaurant on I-drive that is well worth a visit.

The hotel offers reasonably priced shuttle services to all of the parks if you do not want to drive.
There were a good deal of business people using the hotel which meant if you just wanted a day relaxing by the pool, there was always plenty of room with towels and loungers available at any time.
We would certainly stay here again.

More than Excellent

I knew this hotel was rated very high but I am very fussy due to being disappointed in the past. There were no disappointments here and you couldn't find a more friendly staff anywhere in Orlando that would surpass the employees of this happy hotel!
Everything about it was accomodating; whether you're traveling on business or pleasure, I would not hesitate staying here at this comfortable place again.
The location was wonderful and allowed a fabulous view of the Convention Center. You can walk right through the back parking lot to Bahama Breeze and TGI Fridays which was convenient.
The place was spotless, and the breakfast buffet offered a variety of things to eat and fresh fruit to go. I was also impressed by them offering flavored coffee creamers (a huge bonus with me). The hotel staff took great pride in what was servied too and the all-day coffee pleased everyone. There were even coffee stations off of some of the elevators for convenience.
The pool area was pretty surrounded by palms and there were a sufficient supply of lounge chairs & tables with umbrellas, and towels were supplied poolside and in the exercise room along with free fitness magazines and water.
The room service maids were great and were so polite. The only negative was that our 4th floor ice machine was broke (they were waiting on a part for it) but the maintenance man was kind enough to run to another floor and brought a big bag of ice to my room (with a smile of course). I didn't get to use the free internet hook-up service but I thought it was a great plus to offer this, especially because of the amount of business people who frequent this hotel.
Last but not least were the beds...if I could ever take a bed home with me it would be a bed from The Hampton Inn...the pillow top feel was so cozy along with the freshly washed comforters and ample supply of pillows to each bed. There wasn't a thing more they could have provided within reason, and I would highly suggest staying here. The room sizes weren't the biggest I've seen but they were clean, and thats more important to me!

Expected a little more after rave reviews

by TripAdvisor Member UKTourer

We spent the last few days of our holiday at the Hampton Inn. We made our choice based on the hotels central location and the good reviews on tripadvisor. Given that the hotel has undergone a major refurbishment in the last six months, I was quite surprised at the damage to walls and bathroom suite in our 7th floor room. On two occasions the maid forgot to leave ANY towels in the bathroom and while this was rectified by a call to housekeeping, it's never happened to us in any other hotel. The room was small and the fridge very basic, no room for ice cream or ice cubes. I was also surprised that there was no safe deposit box in the room, there was a limited number of boxes at the front desk allocated on a first come first served basis. We only endured the breakfast experience twice, there were two huge parties of schoolchildren staying at the same time as us and the breakfast area was rather taken over as a meeting place, so while you could queue and select foods there were no tables free to eat at. So the only option was to eat in the room and it's a long trail back up to the 7th floor. The hotel pool was clean with plenty of umbrellas, chairs and towels and the only time it got busy was later in the afternoon. The free internet access advertised for all rooms does not work inside 7th floor bedrooms, but does work in the hallway. Management acknowledge it's an issue but no solution forthcoming during our stay. There is a computer provided in the lobby for general access but with two parties of schoolchildren in the hotel it was impossible to gain access. It was OK for a few nights stay but would not be my choice for a two week holiday.

great oplando hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tel1664

very good hotel in great location. staff very helpfull and have good local knowledge. rooms spacious and clean with comfortable beds. breakfast keeps you going all morning. owerall a really good value hotel and we will be going back!!!

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LorraineMay

A group of ten of us stayed in the Hampton Inn Hotel for 10 days from the 13th of September 2006 for a vacation. From check in to departure I found the whole experience of the Hampton Inn to be 100% great. The bedrooms were lovely, comfortable with air conditioning and the beds were just heavenly, soooooooo comfortable. The breakfast buffet was brilliant, we filled up every morning, the selection including, fresh fruit, muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, juice, eggs... and there were breakfast bags to go if you didnt have time to sit and eat in the hotel. The free internet in the lobby was very handy for checking email, and there was no problem with access. The pool in the hotel was absolutely lovely, spent many a happy hour out there, towels are provided. The cleanliness of the room was excellent, fresh towels everyday and the room was tidied and beds made, shampoo, body wash, soap etc was provided. It was the staff who really made the Hampton Inn so special, they were absolutely friendly and courteous at all times, indeed one time we got caught in a thunderstorm and ran back to the hotel, one of the ladies from the hotel laundry spotted us coming dripping up the corridor and came out with a bundle of warm freshly laundered towels for us to dry ourselves, how lovely that was.
I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn its location is perfect to visit all the theme parks/sights of orlando and its service is unbeatable. Cant wait to go back.

Lorraine, Dublin, Ireland.

A great location hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jaydale

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Convention centre (or also known as hampton inn pointe orlando) for 2 weeks from 06/10/06.

This hotel will be on our list of hotels to return to. As previous posts have stated it is used for business clients as well as holiday makers. The standards are very high. Rooms are nicely decorated, clean and fresh. If you want fresh bedding they provide you with a sign to leave and you can have fresh bedding whenever you want. Complimentary soaps, shampoos conditioners, mouth wash are constantly replaced.

The staffs were always available, friendly and knowledgable. There is internet access in the lobby free of charge.

Breakfast free of charge, with a large number of choices from fresh fruit, cerials, toast, muffins yoghurts to some hot choices as well. Some nights there was also free popcorn and cookies in the lobby.

The swimming pool is clean, loads of sunbeds, chairs and clean towels available.

The hotel is in a quiet location on Universal blvd, so you dont get too much traffic noise. Olive Gardens, TGI, Bahama Breeze and Tony Romas (to name a few of the many places to eat) are within easy walking distance.

The only thing I would have preffered would have been a in room safe. There are safes available behind receiption free of charge but you had to get someone from reception to let you in and also use the master key. This was never a problem for the hotel staff and they were always available but we prefer to lock cameras phones ipod up as well which we couldnt do.

Would highley recomend this hotel.

Perfect Hampton Inn

by TripAdvisor Member MTLSteve

We spent one night at this hotel and it was absolutely perfect. Walking distance to I-Drive, nicely maintained grounds. Hotel recently renovated and everything appeared brand new and spotless. Cloud Nine Bedding package, all standard Hampton Amenities. Bathroom couldn't have been more clean. For a mid-range hotel you won't find a higher level of quality in my opinion. Paid only $83 directly via the hotel web site.

One glitch: We arrived at the hotel and we just turned on the tv to see the weather... and about 1 minute later it turned itself off and this was followed by a burning smell and then smoke coming from the back of it! We immediately called Front Desk you asked us to come downstairs so we could change rooms (next door). By the time we came back up, someone was already removing the broken tv.

In our new room, we are surfing the channels and the TV keeps turning itself off! No smoke or anything, but still kind of a pain. We got out regardless... when we came back, we were tired and wanted to watch some TV. We called front desk to tell them the TV kept shutting itself off. They sent someone up who said he unfortunately couldn't fix it until the morning. They offered to change rooms again. We politely asked if we could be upgraded or have a slight deduction made to our bill. The person at the desk said that they don't have anything other than standard guest rooms, but she would speak to the manager to see what she could do for us. We went to our new room.

Upon check out after a perfect stay in our 3rd room, we asked if the manager had mentioned anything about our inconvenience. She said yes and asked me to initial the '100% Satisfaction Guarantee form'. She then said "Have a nice day and thanks for staying with Hampton Inn"... I asked "so how much is the room?", she said "Oh it's entirely free, sir, we appoligize for the inconvenience".

WOW! Never have I managed to obtain any kind of discount for far worse problems that were handled more poorly than this one... and never did I expect a 100% credit.

It was a perfect hotel with excellent staff, and this smart move will keep me even more loyal to the Hampton chain in the future... easily my favourite chain in this market, and getting better.

Breakfast was typical Hampton. Pool are was nice although no hot tub. Hi-Speed Wi-Fi worked well.

5 on 5 from me, excellent performer.

chilled out week

by TripAdvisor Member yorkiebar007

Hotel was great, clean and tidy. Staff very helpful, Only a short walk to international drive if you wanted a beer or two.Will go back again at this time of year as the pool was warmer than back home in uk. Breakfast was plentiful with plenty of options for the eat healthy brigade. Hope to return in 2007.

Comments